Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

New to this forum, hoping to gain insight and educate myself on the ch 7 process.

Hi and welcome! There are plenty of prior posts you can review and just ask any questions you have, people are happy to share their knowledge and experience. Good luck as you learn and possibly move forward.

m
    Last edited by sophieanne; 12-09-2020, 04:20 AM.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Welcome to BKForum. Feel free to ask any questions.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Hello,

I had posted on this in another area but curious if anyone has thoughts.

It's my understanding that in the state of Colorado they can look back up to 4 years for "fraudulent transfers". These transfers it's my understanding are transfers of property.

We used some of the money from a personal loan we took out in 2018 to pay off family for loans they made to us in 2016 and 2017. Since we don't have loan paperwork these would be considered "gift" payments to them.

My understanding is that gifts made within 2 years is what they would look at, both these payments were before that. If it was looked at as preferential payments its even longer.

The 4 year clawback refers to transfers of "property" I believe but can anyone else speak to that.

Thanks

Comment

It's not good to crosspost the same question as it dilutes your answers, and are contrary to the rules. We'd rather you open a new thread, otherwise the main topic will be lost.

For those following that specific question, the post is here: https://www.bkforum.com/forum/before...-some-concerns

I have posted there.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Ok, sorry about that. Thank you for your help!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X