top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Off-Topic: Grass seed has sprouted, yay!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off-Topic: Grass seed has sprouted, yay!

Phew. After 4 months of slingin rock and dirt, filtering the dirt and putting it back, and pulling out crabgrass, 'octopus' grass, etc. 3 times, I put down the grass seed, and straw on top. Watering 4 times per day, 10 minutes per run. After 7-8 days, we have grass sprouting, along with the barley sprouts as well (I used barley straw). My next door neighbor said, the barley grass will taste sweet. So, ok, yeah... I wasn't planning on tasting it but now he has me curious.
    I also adjusted a few of the sprinklers to hit the 'dead spots' where only clover with fibrous roots grows; so I'll need grass seed and straw for that area.
    The intent of doing this work of course is to improve the lawn's appearance for when we sell post-BK.
    And... crabgrass has no purpose in this universe. Why... just, why? I hate that stuff. It's like the Terminator. It absolutely will not stop until I am dead! LOL!
    Next decision: to plant perennials now, or not... usually around this time, one particular garden store puts them on clearance price, 75%-90% off, and they are in very good shape. I may do it, if I have the energy. Right now, it's a no-go. I am tired. Maybe this Friday.

My bum ankle doesn't allow me to participate in Zombie's side yard crusade LOL!
    Unfortunately, like the leased solar panels on the roof, a huge yard in need of major cleanup and soil greenery is yet another impediment to a lucrative home sale.
    This is why I am adamant that renting trumps buying, at least for us.
    The first time my husband lost his job in Texas , we were renting and were able to relocate out of state easily. The second time , we "owned" this current home, and were in the middle of this BK13, which meant we were trapped here and had my husband not had unbelievable luck in finding another higher paying local job, we would have been quickly foreclosed on.
    So since venting is still allowed on these forums, I will take every opportunity to express my opinion that buying a lemon of a house is the sole reason we will soon be part of the BK13 alumni, an experience never to be forgotten or repeated!

Comment

Understood. Keep 'forum etiquette' in mind when choosing where to vent (i.e. which threads, preferably your own or mine).
      Last edited by Zombie13; 09-13-2021, 08:44 AM.

Comment

I have never spent much time in the yard. I should as my weeds are mocking me. I spray them, remove them. I smile, they smile back (by growing back again).
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Yup, I feel that. They are a hassle to deal with.
          A nice looking landscape will help some with the home value; a poorly maintained landscape can definitely hurt the home value. It's the first thing potential home buyers see, and the initial impression begins to form. So, we don't need a 'showcase' landscape; it just needs to look clean, maintained, with some color. Not an area with a couple oddly shaped areas of rocky dirt and dead spots.
          If we were to pay someone to do the work I did, my high estimate is:
          4 hours per day * 4 days per week * 16 weeks * $20/hour = $5,120.00
          So, it could have cost upwards of $5k to pay someone to do the digging.
          Since we don't have financial resources for that, I did it myself. Next year, when we are done, we will have access to funding for the interior of the home.
          I did not calculate how much I spent on Gatorade, but it was considerable.

Comment

Am I the only one who wanted to be cheeky and ask what kind of grass he was growing in Colorado??!! Sorry I couldn't resist
            I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

LOL Very Funny!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X