Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IamOld
    replied
    Sadly not in my neck of the woods - also the turnout was DISMAL - less than 10%...

Leave a comment:

• GoingDown
    replied
    Some political upsets in Arizona, and in Ohio and Miss. elections overnight. Very interesting results.

Leave a comment:

• IamOld
    replied
    Originally posted by GoingDown View Post
    So, why doesn't he get any further than this? Why don't people take him seriously?
    Well, because if there is one thing that the Reps and Dems agree on is NO THIRD PARTIES!!!! Period. That is why both Paul and Kucinic work within the Rep/Dem party, and even though Bernie is an Independent, he works with the Dems.

Leave a comment:

• GoingDown
    replied
    Originally posted by IamOld View Post
    Goingdown and Shark Ron Paul not being a "serious" candidate is the same reason that his "opposite" number, Dennis Kucinic (or Bernie Sanders) is not considered a "serious" candidate. They agree on almost nothing domestically, but they agree almost 100% foreign policy AND they both agree re civil liberties at home AND on the Federal Reserve.
    So, why doesn't he get any further than this? Why don't people take him seriously?

Leave a comment:

• IamOld
    replied
    Goingdown and Shark Ron Paul not being a "serious" candidate is the same reason that his "opposite" number, Dennis Kucinic (or Bernie Sanders) is not considered a "serious" candidate. They agree on almost nothing domestically, but they agree almost 100% foreign policy AND they both agree re civil liberties at home AND on the Federal Reserve.

Leave a comment:

• GoingDown
    replied
    Originally posted by shark66 View Post

I've got no hidden sources...but *do* possess a substantial knowledge of how politics work historically speaking.

Dr. Paul would turn the Republican world upside down. We can't have that. No nomination for the old man.

That's one of the reasons it will be Romney vs. Obama this time around.

So nothing changes either way.

Good luck to us all.
    I find it strange that Ron Paul never seems to get any traction with the mainstream Republicans. He is the most fiscally conservative candidate they have. I wonder why he doesn't just run as the Libertarian candidate for President, since the Republicans will never give him a chance.

I agree with a lot of what he says in terms of foreign policy-- in essence, end all of the wars, close most of the bases around the world and bring the military back home. Our national debt crisis would be solved without having to touch things like Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid.

I wrongly assumed Obama was going to do some of this as soon as he got into office.

Leave a comment:

• DYLAN150
    replied
    Anyone who could do the job!

Leave a comment:

• Logan
    replied
    11 pages, this thread has 'ran it's course'. Oh dang, I can't do that.

Leave a comment:

• shark66
    replied
    Originally posted by sguerra923 View Post
    Can you fill me in on your sources why Dr. Paul will not get the nomination so I can inform these Paul supporters not to waste their money on donations and to help their local communities instead..
    I've got no hidden sources...but *do* possess a substantial knowledge of how politics work historically speaking.

Dr. Paul would turn the Republican world upside down. We can't have that. No nomination for the old man.

That's one of the reasons it will be Romney vs. Obama this time around.

So nothing changes either way.

Good luck to us all.

Leave a comment:

• sguerra923
    replied
    Originally posted by shark66 View Post

They are doing the right thing IMO, but that's still NOT going to get Dr. Paul a Republican nomination...unfortunately...

Good luck to us all.
    Can you fill me in on your sources why Dr. Paul will not get the nomination so I can inform these Paul supporters not to waste their money on donations and to help their local communities instead.. because 1.7 million dollars in donations which he currently has can go to a better cause since he won't win the nomination.. geez this money day bomb donation isn't even over yet and he has 1.7 million! That money can go somewhere useful!

Leave a comment:

• shark66
    replied
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/

What are these people doing?!?!
    They are doing the right thing IMO, but that's still NOT going to get Dr. Paul a Republican nomination...unfortunately...

Good luck to us all.

Leave a comment:

• sguerra923
    replied

1.3 Million dollars (Black This Out Money Bomb) raised from 10/19/2011 (12:00am - 2:00pm) 14 hours from regular people/military and not corporate donors or his campaign. This is just one day of donations and there's still 10 hours left to donate. What are these people doing?!?!

Leave a comment:

• sguerra923
    replied

Posted today 10/18/2011.. scroll down at the comments section.. So what is all the buzz about? I thought he wasn't electable or didn't stand a chance. Maybe those are just computer bots just putting random supporting comments.. I still don't get it...

Leave a comment:

• shark66
    replied
    Originally posted by IamOld View Post
    Because Ron Paul also doesn't want ANY involvement of gov't - he wants to privatize everything - and the only country that comes close would be Somalia...
    You don't *really* believe the Somalia nonsense, do you?

Sounds good and scary for the uneducated, but is as far from the truth as Stalin's rule was from democracy...

Good luck to us all.

Leave a comment:

• IamOld
    replied
    But if Ron Paul is the ONLY that wants to stop it and is showing it by pushing a whole audit on the FED then why are people saying he doesn't have a chance?
    Because Ron Paul also doesn't want ANY involvement of gov't - he wants to privatize everything - and the only country that comes close would be Somalia...but he's RIGHT about the fed - and he isn't alone - left/progressives like Bernie Sanders (he and Paul worked TOGETHER on this!!) also want the Fed nationalized.

Leave a comment:

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X