Congrats To Sinkingfast!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats To Sinkingfast!

SinkingFast! I've been watching your signature for good news and noticed it this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations on your discharge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great holiday gift for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You contribute so much to this forum - THANK YOU SO MUCH for your time and knowledge!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, congratulations to SinkingFast!

I'm glad it worked out for you!
    The world's simplest C & D Letter:
    "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
    Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Thank You, Thank You, Betty!!

The paralegal at our attny's office told us if our date came and went without Objections or Extensions, a week later, we'd get our discharge.

The paralegal said, at midnight, the Court Computer kicks on and auto generates Discharges. So we didn't know if that meant midnight Sunday night into Monday morning, or Monday night into Tuesday morning.

I checked off an and on thruout the day yesterday and NO DISCHARGE!! BLECH!! Then I looked back to other people's docket reports that had been recently discharged. That's when I realized it would be midnight Monday night into Tuesday morning.

Got up this morning, fired up the computer, went to PACER first thing,.......... And there it was. DISCHARGED!!!

I checked on everybody else that was there the same day as us for our 341. And this is scarey!! The people right after us,............ They had a Motion to Extend for 60 Days filed by the UST's Office on Friday, 12/08. Just 3 days before our last day for Objections and Extensions.

PHEW!!

Anyway,........... We are most definitely, greatly relieved to have the Discharge.

The Trustee wants to see our filed Income Taxes to see if he can get any money out of us. At this point, the IRS calculator is showing we're gonna be right at break even to owing a bit on our taxes. So, hopefully, we might be Closed sometime in February.
      Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
      Discharged - 12/2006
      Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
      Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Originally posted by GoingDown View Post
        Yes, congratulations to SinkingFast!

I'm glad it worked out for you!
        Thanks so much, Going Down!!

I believe we owe a ton to this Forum for how well our case went. We knew all the stuff attnys don't tell clients to do.

Wait. Be patient. Stop Direct Deposits. Pay with Money Orders. Oh, and WAIT. BE PATIENT.

Waiting was a big factor. Wait so property transfers and charges have time to look to the Court like what they really were. Desperate attempts to stay afloat and not fraudulent transfers to hide money and assets.

Thank you for all the advice from those who went before us. For their help and guidance.

Definitely a good start to our day!!
        Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
        Discharged - 12/2006
        Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Congrats, you have achieved your goal.

I hope you stick around the forum and help others, you give good advice and insight.

Comment

SinkingFast - I rememeber, like it was yesterday - that feeling - when I saw it on Pacer - I was like OMG IT'S OVER!

I literally cried! Both tears of joy and sorrow. (but I'm kind of emotional anyway - DH calls it PMS )

But what a great feeling of knowing it was O-V-E-R! Mine was closed same day!

Comment

The Trustee is after any Income Tax refund we might get for 2006. So we won't Close until after we file our Income Taxes and send the Trustee a copy.

According to the IRS Calculator I've accessed online, we're either gonna be pretty much break even, or owe just a tad. So hopefully, we'll be Closed shortly after we file our taxes.

Originally posted by HHM View Post
              Congrats, you have achieved your goal.

I hope you stick around the forum and help others, you give good advice and insight.
              Thank You, HHM!! For both the Congrats and the Praise.

I value your advice and opinions as well!!

Sticking around here has a "secret benefit". We're all broke so we don't spend money. If I go to other websites, I wanna buy things. Money we don't have to spend!!
              Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
              Discharged - 12/2006
              Closed - 04/2007

Comment

I don't get the whole tax return thing - what exactly do they do with it? Pay creditors? Keep it??

Comment

Basically there are 2 times in the year when Income Tax Refunds are of interest to Trustees.

In the Spring, when people are getting their refunds. And in the Fall. When the Trustees can take a large, prorated portion of the next spring's refund.

And, Yes, if the Trustee takes your income tax refund, it is supposed to be for the benefit of your Creditors. BUT, the Trustee also gets to take a cut.

Ch 7 Trustees don't get paid nearly as well as Ch 13 Trustees on a Case by Case basis. Ch 7 Trustees get a flat fee/case where Ch 13 Trustees have money constantly coming in as a %'age of each month's payments.

So any time there's an asset to grab, a Ch 7 Trustee will most likely go after it. That's where a Ch 7 Trustee can pick up a bit of extra cash.
                  Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                  Discharged - 12/2006
                  Closed - 04/2007

Comment

Only 3 months. Very quick! Congrats!

Comment

Thats simply outstanding sinking! You are truly one of the greatest posters on this website, and have set yet another hugely positive example of all the difficulty you were able to overcome in the process. Hopefully we will meet each other in the "rebuilding" section, and your credit, like mine, will soon be better than ever!

Comment

Oh, SinkingFast!! I'm SO happy for you! Best news I've heard today (I am a little late reading!). You deserve it. Thank you for your moral support, encouragement and wisdom. You are truly a blessing!

jane
                        Filed: 2/24/2006
                        341 mtg: 4/4/2006:angel:
                        Discharged: 9/25/08!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by BKOnce View Post
                          Only 3 months. Very quick! Congrats!
                          If only it were that simple, BKOnce!

When we realized we were in financial trouble, Hubby and I chatted about what to do. We did not want to fall prey to those unscrupulous Debt Consolidation people you see advertise on TV. But where to turn for good solid advice.

A bit of research about BK told us we'd have to do Credit Counseling as part of the BK process, so we decided go with a DOJ approved Counselor. Get a professional opinion of our situation. See what our options were. We were told "Seek Legal Counsel". And so, our BK odessy began.

We found this Forum, began Consulting attnys, and learned everything we could about filing BK. What to do. What not to do. We were lead to a good attny who's been there every step of the way. Answered every phone call. Responded to every email.

We started the process 10 months before our actual filing date.

A well planned BK,........... Laying the ground work months in advance, makes the 3 months look easy.
                          Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                          Discharged - 12/2006
                          Closed - 04/2007

Comment

12/12/06 - Filed No Asset Chapter 7 - 85K on CC's
                            01/16/07 - 341 drum circle 02/06/07 -US Trustee Review
                            03/19/07 - Objection Deadline - 03/21/07 Discharged/Closed
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh my goodness..this is wonderful! CONGRATS Sinkingfast!!

Your advice has been a blessing to all of us here, especially the ones of us that filed around the same time Good luck and God bless you and your family on your new bound freedom!
                              We filed on 9/28 so mine is coming soon, Christmas to be exact (well few days after I suspect). At least I hope it's coming, I'm still so nervous with toes and fingers crossed hoping for no objection from the trustee We just got our last reaffirnment signed today and attorney says he will file it this afternoon (course I had to make another call to our attorney today and step on their toes a bit to get it moving, apparently this last affirnment had been sitting on his desk lost for quite a while ). I told him no extending the discharge (as he suggested), that I wanted one for Christmas
                              Congrats again and we're so happy for you!!
                              9/28/06: Filed Chapter 7
                              10/25/06: 341 meeting Done!
                              12/25/06: Last day for objections.... Dear Santa, can we have a bk discharge for Christmas please?
                              1/12/07: Discharged & closed!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X