No announcement yet.

Congrats To Sinkingfast!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FANTASTIC, SF!! You have finally jumped the last real hurdle - we couldn't be happier for you! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Hope you are going to stick around for awhile after your case is finally closed (won't be too long now!) and continue to share your extensive bk knowledge with everyone here. Please, pretty please??
    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

congratulations

Comment

Sinking, how many days after the deadline for objections did you get discharged?

It seems my judge only discharges about 4 days a month, so even though I'm beyond the objections date safely we're not yet discharged. I guess either way it's moot now, the objections deadline passed, so it's just a waiting game.

Congrats, good luck in your new financial life.

Comment

Thank You, Thank You all!!

Finding this Forum was a Godsend for me! I've learned a lot. Vented a lot too.

Online,............

Our paralegal told us that the Trustees don't physically do the Discharge here themselves. Once your date comes and goes, if there's no Objections or Extensions, a week later, at midnight, the Court Computer kicks on and auto generates the Discharge. Our last day was 12/11 and we were discharged on 12/18.

I guess different Courts could do different things. Maybe some Trustees physically want to issue the Discharges themselves. Who knows??!! It might be partly luck of the draw on when your 341 is assigned.

I noticed, looking at PACER, people who filed 10 days to 2 weeks before us had their 341's the day before ours and got their Discharges today too. So about 4 days a month for Discharges sounds about right.
          Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
          Discharged - 12/2006
          Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
          Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

CONGRATS SF! I remember when you first joined. You helped us all and certainly earned your new beginning. Good luck and don't come back here again! (Not the forum, just the whole bk thing )

Comment

SinkingFast that probably explains it, thanks. I did flip through Pacer and can't make out a pattern. Some cases are discharged on or within a day or two of the objection date, others take weeks. It almost seems to be judge dependent although I am not sure if the judges have any role in the process?

Comment

Originally posted by FoolAndHisMoney View Post
                CONGRATS SF! I remember when you first joined. You helped us all and certainly earned your new beginning. Good luck and don't come back here again! (Not the forum, just the whole bk thing )
                ROFL, FAHM!!

I certainly don't ever wanna do this again!! That's for sure!!

Honestly, I'm enjoying being like the old days. Broke. Don't own much of anything. And don't OWE either. Feels good!!

I don't know if the Judge has anything to do with Discharge or not, Online. When I chatted with the paralegal, she specifically said, "Mr. << Trustee's Name >> does not issue the Discharge Orders personally." That lead me to believe it was the Trustees. Could be Judges. Not sure really.
                Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                Discharged - 12/2006
                Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

WOOHOO!!!!! What a merry Christmas SF. You have been a ton of helfpul information and moral support. I am glad it went well for you. I feel bad for those that have a hard time of it with their trustees. I guess your kicked out of the 60 day club too. Probably the only "club" I would appreciate getting booted from, lol. Anyways, congrats-enjoy the feeling of being debt free.
                  Filed: 08/09/06
                  341: 09/18/06
                  Discharged: 11/22/06
                  Closed 11/30/06

Comment

Congratulations!!! You always have great advice for me & others!!!!
                    Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
                    Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

Thanks so much, Miss P and Amis!!

This is such a wonderful family of friends here!! I just cannot describe what you all mean to me!!
                      Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                      Discharged - 12/2006
                      Closed - 04/2007

Comment

Congratulations!!!
                        Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirates life for me
                        Discharged 9/1/04

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyGirl View Post
                          Congratulations!!!

Hey, DG!! You've been missed!! I do so love looking at your AVATAR!!

TY, TY!! and,.............

Merry Christmas to you and yours!!
                          Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                          Discharged - 12/2006
                          Closed - 04/2007

Comment

Congratulations and Merry Christmas!!!!

niteflytes
                            Filed Ch. 7 - 11/30/06; 341 meeting 1/10/07; Discharged 3/19/07
                            TU: 535

Comment

Woo-Hoo CONGRATS to You SinkingFast!
                              Donna
                              Donna

Filed Pro Se August 10,2006 :cry: 341 Meeting: September 19,2006 :blink: Last Day to Object: November 20,2006 :cool: Discharged: November 27,2006 :clapping: CLOSED: December 15,2006 :tongue:

Comment

TY! TY! Niteflytes and Donna!!

It truely is a wonderful Christmas present!!
                                Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                                Discharged - 12/2006
                                Closed - 04/2007

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X