I'm Really Worried About my Husband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Really Worried About my Husband

He hasn't been feeling well for a few months. I finally convinced him to go to the doc. The blood work came back with all kinds of red flags for his liver.

We did the ultra-sound Friday. We have to go to the doc next Friday to get the results, unless they call him earlier. They aren't exactly fast around here with results.

He's been having pain on his upper right abdomen which is where the liver is.

Thank God I have insurance. I really hope this isn't too serious. He's thinking the worst and I am trying to stay strong for him.
    Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se May 29, 2008
    341 July 1, 2008
    Discharged September 4, 2008
    Closed November 10, 2008 :-)

Well, could be lots of things. I know it is easy to picture the worst, but.... will be keeping you in my prayers.
    Chapter 13 filed -8/12/04
    Plan approved- 7/11/05
    Date discharged--10-12-2007
    Date closed- 12/6/2007:yes2::yes2:

Comment

I'm sorry to hear he's not feeling well. I will be keeping you both in my prayers. Please keep us posted as to how he's doing. Big (((HUGS))) to you!!!!!
      Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirates life for me
      Discharged 9/1/04

Comment

Originally posted by arkienurse View Post
        Well, could be lots of things.
        Arkie is right - the problem could be lots of things. Your husband is doing the right thing finding out what's up. So glad to hear you have health insurance to help with the costs of testing too. I'll be praying for you both too.

Arkie and I are nurses so if you need need a shoulder to lean on during this tough time, please IM us. We're here if you need us. Hang in there!
        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Danaf, that is really hard and I am sorry you're having to go through this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I wish you both the very best.
          Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

Ultrasound results usually take 2-3 business days to get to the treating physician. If your physician expected a bad situation, he more than likely would have told your hubby to call his office early this week as to the results. To give you some peace of mind, my mother years ago had a similar situation which turned out to be gallstones. She had really bad pain in the same area as your hubby and was feeling awful. We were all worried to death before finding out what the problem was. She had surgery and was 100% better in no time. It's always scarey waiting for results and we always think the worse. Think positive and I hope your hubby feels much better soon!

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

My Mother has liver problems and I know it's scary, but on a more re-assuring aspect, my Mom has major problems, basically her liver is totally shot (first they thought it was liver cancer after an ultrasound, but then it turned out to be cirrosis which they discovered by doing a biopsy) but even though her liver was/is in real bad shape and she is too old for a transplant (diagnosed at 70 years old, she's now a pretty healthy 74) she has managed ok. At the time I was horrified and scared to death for her when they said she had cirrosis and had pretty much lost most of her liver function, but she's on a few medications and things have stabalized out. Actually, it has even improved a little bit on her last bloodwork, which was really shocking since the doctors were happy that things have stayed the same for so long, which they said was the best case scenario, and they never even mentioned improving as an option, yet it happened!

In her case, she was taking one of those chloesterol medications that can affect the liver, but her dumb-a$$ doctor didn't do the 6 month check-ups that he was supposed to, so she was on them for 3-4 years without a single blood test before he noticed that she had lost 50-lbs (without dieting or trying to, had gone from 150-lbs to 100-lbs) and finally did bloodwork which showed liver problems, leading to the ultrasound then biopsy. And then he claims that the problem with her liver is that her immune system must have gone haywire and attacked her liver, not that the drugs that are well publicized to do liver damage played any role in the liver damage! And despite everyone in the family wanting her to sue this mal-practicing SOB, she still goes to the idiot and won't hear a negative word against him... but I digress, sorry for the tirade!

Anyhow, just wanted to let you know that she is now doing well and is very active at 74 (eats right and exercises and is more energetic than I am!) so even if there is a real problem with your husband's liver, it doesn't mean the end of the line, at least from my Mom's experience I know that things can improve. Take care and I have my fingers crossed for you and your hubby.
              Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
              Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Comment

dana,
                Does he take any medications on a regular basis? My brother had a very similar situation one time and it was being caused by the medication he was taking for his knee pain (an NSAID)..

Also, if someone is a chronic drinker it can cause liver problems. (of course, only on the advice of the physician)

Many times just cutting out the medication can resolve the situation.
                Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

Cindy - He does take some medications on a daily basis and when I go with him to the doctor I will discuss this aspect.

And thanks to everyone else for your kind thoughts and responses. I'm hoping this is a gallbladder thing.
                  Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se May 29, 2008
                  341 July 1, 2008
                  Discharged September 4, 2008
                  Closed November 10, 2008 :-)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X