Has anyone else noticed, or am I crazy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote by Flamingo:
    where in there did I state that people should not have children?

Bandit's reply:
    I never said you said that. I asked you a bunch of other questions though but if you choose to see them as a puppy farm business adventure (yes?), then I guess that is all you will get out of it.

Just to set the record straight here before this topic goes really beyond, here is what you stated in a response directed to me in a previous posting:

"so if the duggers took on 17 kids through adoption or say welfare children that onlyu stay for a few years, then it would be ok? but they cant have their own."

I never called their family a "puppy farm mill" or referenced them in any way as to that. You are just taking this a bit beyond as my only intent was to state that some people may have children because it may be more profitable for them to do so. If you are trying to make more out of this that what was originally there, that's up to you but some people could look at what they are doing as a business venture because the more children they have, the more profitable they are to any investors, agents and to themselves. How they want to live their lives is up to them. I am sure they have been discussed from one end to the other nationally in thousands of forums about their lifestyle and I am certainly done wanting to discuss it. I have my own family to worry about and am going outside right now to start a nice Father's Day BBQ!

Wishing all dads on here a Happy Father's Day!

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

The one thing I have always noticed about the Duggar Family is the older children are caring for the little ones. The older girls are walking around with a newborn in a front carrier day after day. They are the mothers for the smaller ones that the 'PARENTS' keep producing.

Why keep having more if you cant take care of them? The older children should be thinking about their own futures and someday having their own families but they cannot do that.

The person who mentioned her uterus falling made a really good point. I imagine she spends her pregnancies in bed now. She can do that with all the other 'mothers' in the house. If she actually were caring for all the little ones then she probably would have been done about 10 kids ago.
      She does seem to have some bone issues. She has a hunch to her back in most photos. Being pregnant sucks the calcium out of a womens bones. What good is she going to be for all these children in a few years? They will spend their post childhood,post sibling raising years caring for their mother who is unable to stand up straight.

Having had 5 children myself I can tell you that its a struggle to find time for them all. I mean, the ever important alone time with each as an individual. We manage though and each child knows what makes them so special. Each child is different and has their own dreams and ideas.

The Duggar children probably have no idea what its like to be alone with a parent and be the special one for a few hours. They most like dont have a sense of self. That makes me sad as I think of these kids as little factory workers helping to keep the Duggar church alive.
      5/29 Filed 7~ 341-on 6/24
      8/27-DISCHARGED
      11/2 - CLOSED
      EQ-604 EX-605 TU-560 ~4.5 months after discharge

Comment

Originally posted by momof5 View Post
        The one thing I have always noticed about the Duggar Family is the older children are caring for the little ones. The older girls are walking around with a newborn in a front carrier day after day. They are the mothers for the smaller ones that the 'PARENTS' keep producing.

Why keep having more if you cant take care of them? The older children should be thinking about their own futures and someday having their own families but they cannot do that.
        that is a valid argument that I agree with. there is no reason for them to keep doing it when they shove the responsibility onto the oldest to raise their kids for them & in that sense the oldest are getting jipped out of being teenagers.

they do take care of them though, by having someone else the oldest kids do the work. You would think at some point one of them will rebel!! & run away. Then what? ...keep on running for awhile

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
          How they want to live their lives is up to them. I am sure they have been discussed from one end to the other nationally in thousands of forums about their lifestyle and I am certainly done wanting to discuss it. I have my own family to worry about and am going outside right now to start a nice Father's Day BBQ!

Wishing all dads on here a Happy Father's Day!
          ok we dont have to talk about the duggers.

I just put them up to get some discussion because I usually always see them as hated with no valid reasons for so much hostility or really liked because they are seen as good influence & not bad ones like parents who stay on drugs, wont work, abuse their kids, cheating spouse etc.

& I was raised around 3 large families much like the duggers & I enjoyed all the love & company & just so much to do all the time.

a nice fathers day over there as well & enjoy your BBQ!

Comment

Originally posted by momof5 View Post
            The Duggar children probably have no idea what its like to be alone with a parent and be the special one for a few hours. They most like dont have a sense of self. That makes me sad as I think of these kids as little factory workers helping to keep the Duggar church alive.

I do think they make time for them, but a bit more scheduled than just whenever. They have their own church though, not just their family being a church. I think those kids are for the most part really happy & do find special time to be one on one, but maybe not enough. They are very bright kids with high GPA.

One other thing that always kind of bugged me is they make them all take the violin. They should give them a choice what instrument to learn or maybe they dont want to play one. You cant make clones. So who is teaching them the violin when mama is preg? back to the older kids.

so, how long can you keep the 5 years olds in the same room with the 16 year olds? a 7000 sq. ft home does not accomodate that many bedrooms.

I doubt very many parents would ever have that kind of patience or ability, drive or care for than many kids & quite a few would be pulled by government as mom pulls her hair out, because they could not properly care for them. Not because the mother did not love her kids but because it would be too much to handle.

Comment

Originally posted by Footprints1973 View Post
              Maybe I'm over-analyzing the plummeting economy, but I've noticed a couple things lately.

I've seen less and less pregnant women around, at least where I live. I've seen fewer and fewer infants also.

A couple years ago, there seemed to be a bit of a minor baby boom. I knew of about 5-6 ladies who were pregnant all around the same time..and a lot of people who had just had a baby, and this was just in a small circle of friends and coworkers.

Are people holding off or deciding not to have children because of the economy? I know we absolutely cannot afford another child, and we only have one.

I know a lot of people have moral/religious views on childbearing. And I'm not talking about people having abortions. I am talking about people carefully and consiously practicing birth control more and more because they are in debt or fear going into debt.

Any one else observe this or am I just seeing things?

Thanks,
              Laura

It was a long and cold winter around here. So everywhere I look I see a baby bump.

I work in a growing company with alot of late 20ish early 30ish people (So secure job, right age = time to start a family) and it seems we have a baby shower or two about every six months since I started three years ago. I think it has averaged about four new babies a year. This summer we have already had three and two more are expected. So that will be 5 baby's born between May and August. That's alot even form my company.
              Last edited by JollyGG; 06-15-2008, 06:22 PM.
              Filed: 10/26/2006
              Discharged: 03/05/2007
              Closed: 5/19/2008 - Asset case due to balance transfer and income tax refund

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X