No announcement yet.

Rising Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my neighborhood $4.04 per gallon for premium. ALL stations.
    Last edited by robivi3; 05-09-2008, 04:57 AM.
    "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

I've tried to stop looking at the gas prices, it hurts too much. I know when I go to fill up the tank, I just prepare to give them all thats in my bank account as well as several pints of blood
      Last edited by woohoogirl; 05-09-2008, 09:37 AM.
      Filed Ch 7 2/21/08
      Discharged 6/5/08!!!!

"Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."~ Roger Caras

Comment

Prices in our area had been hovering around $3.61 for unleaded, $4.19-$4.24 for diesel for the past week. Yesterday I observed that unleaded is now around $3.66 with $4.29 for diesel......and we are in a rural area....
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

In my area, premium 4.39$(self service) and 4.89$(full service).

Comment

Today, unleaded is $3.73 a gallon, $4.38 diesel. Yikes! We are in a rural area where public transport is almost non-existent. The husband is threatening to trade one or the other car in on a motor scooter. Of course we can't do that until all the BK stuff is over with. And my little puddle-jumper, besides being an ex-cop car, ex-code's enforcement car, with all that in-town mileage, has the world's worst ever paint job. When I go to the car wash, I don't just wash the dirt off, I wash the PAINT off with it. Anyone looking at my car as a viable trade, or even asset sale, would laugh themselves into the 'Funny Farm'. And at the prices, who would want the diesel car enough to pay off it's mortgage?

I hope I have given someone a laugh today. Love to all. Hang in there.
            Last edited by AngelinaCat; 05-10-2008, 01:10 PM.

Comment

I heard that gas prices for 98% of the U.S. markets will be $4.00 for regular unleaded by Memorial Day, and will reach $5.00 by summers end. If this ain't scary I don't know what is. Prices have reached $3.67 in my area. It's without a doubt we're getting fleeced on gas prices. There is not way in hell that U.S. fuel demand can grow exponentially with prices being this high for so long.
              Last edited by HRx; 05-12-2008, 07:35 AM.
              The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

I'm in the State of Washington in a little coastal town and gas was $3.80 per gallon as of this morning on my way to work!

Comment

Originally posted by woohoogirl View Post
                  I've tried to stop looking at the gas prices, it hurts too much. I know when I go to fill up the tank, I just prepare to give them all thats in my bank account as well as several pints of blood

Gas is still considered as a "luxury" item in other third-word country... why?... because I heard there some people sold their blood pints (in those countries) for "food" dollars... Now, that's starving!

Comment

I was spending between $140.00 and $200.00 per week for my commute. That's why the new Honda, now 41.00 - 60.00!!!
                    "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

I noticed more people on the bus today....
                      Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
                      Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

Originally posted by HRx View Post
                        I heard that gas prices for 98% of the U.S. markets will be $4.00 for regular unleaded by Memorial Day, and will reach $5.00 by summers end. If this ain't scary I don't know what is. Prices have reached $3.67 in my area. It's without a doubt we're getting fleeced on gas prices. There is not way in hell that U.S. fuel demand can grow exponentially with prices being this high for so long.
                        That is just insane. If this keeps up, we may truly have anarchy on our hands.

I get 35+ miles a gallon, but at $4.09 it still hurts like heck. Maybe I'll get a scooter and a rubber suit instead.
                        Filed Ch 7: 12/27/07
                        341: 2/6/08
                        Discharged: 4/11/08
                        Finally closing: ???

Comment

I dusted off my 1961 Comet the other day and got it out. I suspect I can get over 30 miles to the gallon on that 85 hp in-line 6 cylinder with 3 on the tree. Pulled into the gas station and a guy getting out of a big ol' pickup truck said, "I'll bet you never thought you would be putting $4 per gallon gasoline in that Comet." Ha! I'll bet that Comet never believed it would have the opportunity to drink $4 per gallon gasoline. But it did get me to thinking about all of the gas price swings that that little car has seen. And I remember the day gasoline prices went to $1.00 per gallon - my wife actually cried. Ah, the good old days..........

Comment

When I was a kid, back late 1959 and early 1960s, we used to have a service station on the right hand side of us, and to the left about a half mile down the road was another. Every now and then these two would get into a 'Gas War' with signs out in front of the establishment with the older prices crossed out and newer lower ones painted in. I can remember prices of $0.11 per gallon....and the long lines for fill-ups! S*I*G*H*

Comment

Ah the good old days...

“When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

My first ever job while in High School was at a Full Service Hess Station (fill it up with 101 sir?,,,crisp white uniforms) and gas was 28.9/gallon back in 1972...the price would skyrocket to 32.9 on holiday weekends in the summer and people would be *****in like crazy. Cars would be backed up on the main road. We had to wash all the glass, check all the fluids etc. The minimum wage was $1.85/hr. I'd get my 16 hours of pay and felt like the world was mine............lol
                                Chapter 13 Filed: 11/7/07
                                341: 12/11/07
                                Confirmed: 2/17/08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X