Rising Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is so sad.
    I don't like the football team there but everything else in Boston and other cities are pretty cool.

Originally posted by HRx View Post
    It was a major article about the spike in homelessness with women in California. It spoke about how many of them live in thier cars with thier pets and such. Many stay in homeless parking lots from 7pm - 7am. Verying interesting yet sad article.

Newton is a nice town...I used to work of Washington Street at the "circle of death" lol

Comment

Peak oil is a myth. Just like General Butler said about war, this peak oil stuff is a racket.

Comment

When I lived in Europe gas was way more than we are playing now in America.

Comment

As to prices in Europe, I can only write this: VAT. Also, in the UK, 80% of the price of fuel is from taxes. Draconian, European statism-like taxation holds favor with very few Americans. Some Americans are certainly infatuated with European statism - most notably many in the spot light - media elites, leftist politicians, Hollywood types, et al.

Here's an email from Professor Walter Williams to me:
          You're right about the European prices. Over 50 percent of the price are taxes. As to my article mentioning VAT, I don't recall it.
          Cheers.

Professor Walter E. Williams
          George Mason University
          Department of Economics

Http://www.gmu.edu/departments/economics/wew
          I don't believe it is reasonable to compare apples and oranges. From Lew Rockwell:

The price of a barrel of oil in:
          Gold: 2006 - 0.125 of an ounce; today 0.111 ounce. Oil is 12.6% cheaper in terms of gold.
          Silver: 2006 - 6 ounces; today 5.77. Oil is 3.99% cheaper in silver.
          Platinum: 2006 - 0.0682 of an ounce; today 0.0525. Oil is 30% cheaper in platinum.
          This is from my friend in Norway:
          $ 4 for gas! Wow. In my small village they charge $ 2.56. Oh, but that's for 1 litre. When calculating it into US gallons it's $ 9.69. Diesel is about the same and sometimes a little higher despite the fact that the government says they charge much less taxes for diesel. It's like free market and economic rules doesn't apply anymore and nobody can explain things.

My country Norway is an oil exporter. Even though it is admitted that we reached peak oil production in 2001, the income from oil and gas is astromomic for the state and they put most of it in the so-called pension fund which invest in thousands of companies around the world instead of using it for much needed infrastructure and research. It's the inflation scare of course. Don't they grow a lot of oranges in Florida? Imagine if Florida had the most expensive oranges in the world like we in Norway as an oil producer have the most expensive gasoline in the world. Only for it's citizens of course. It makes my blood boil that we have such a rotten system.

In our house we have two ovens that use kerosene. Many have stopped using them because of the high prices and last year i filled up almost 250 gallons at a price of NOK 7,48 per litre. When I now checked the price it is NOK 10,49!!! Or about $7.80 per gallon. It's a 40% increase in price in just a year which is unbelievable. Instead of filling up the tank this year too, I can buy a really nice wood oven as I have the garage full of dry wood.

These are really dramatic times as things change for the worse at such speed it's almost unbelievable.
          From 03 May:
          Global gas prices

Nation City
          Sierra Leone : $18.42 gallon
          UK, TEESIDE: $5.64
          HONG KONG, HONG KONG: $5.62
          UK, MILFORD HAVEN: $5.56
          UK, READING: $5.56
          UK, NORWICH: $5.54
          GERMANY, FRANKFURT: $5.29
          DENMARK, COPENHAGEN: $5.08
          NORWAY, STAVANGER: $5.07
          NORWAY, OSLO: $4.93
          ITALY, ROME: $4.86
          TURKEY, ISTANBUL: $4.85
          PORTUGAL, LISBON: $4.80
          KOREA, SEOUL: $4.71
          SWITZERLAND, GENEVA: $4.56
          KOREA, KOJE/OKPO: $4.53
          AUSTRIA, VIENNA: $4.50
          CROATIA, ZAGREB: $4.32
          JAPAN, TOKYO: $3.84
          AUSTRALIA, SYDNEY: $2.63
          CAMBODIA, PHNOM PENH: $2.57
          TAIWAN, TAIPEI: $2.47
          GEORGIA, TBILISI: $2.31
          LAOS, VIENTIANE: $1.66
          THAILAND, BANGKOK: $1.60
          CHINA, TIANJIN: $1.54
          CHINA, SHANGHAI: $1.48
          RUSSIA, MOSCOW: $1.45
          KAZAKHSTAN, ALMATY $1.36
          KAZAKHSTAN, ATYRAU $1.35
          TAJIKISTAN, DUSHANBE: $1.32
          AZERBAIJAN, BAKU: $1.15
          Iran,Tehran: $0.40
          VENEZUELA, CARACAS: $0.14
          My friend in Thailand writes:

Today I paid 35 baht/litre for gas here in Thailand. (approx. 1.71 US dolllars)
          From the UK Daily Mail at

Finally, from Paul Joseph Watson, who lives in the UK:

Peak oil is a scam designed to create artificial scarcity and jack up prices while giving the state an excuse to invade our lives and order us to sacrifice our hard-earned living standards.

Publicly available CFR and Club of Rome strategy manuals from 30 years ago say that a global government needs to control the world population through neo-feudalism by creating artificial scarcity. Now that the social architects have de-industrialized the United States, they are going to blame our economic disintegration on lack of energy supplies.

Globalization is all about consolidation. Now that the world economy has become so centralized through the Globalists operations, they are going to continue to consolidate and blame it on the West's "evil" overconsumption of fossil fuels, while at the same time blocking the development and integration of renewable clean technologies.

In other words, Peak oil is a scam to create artificial scarcity and drive prices up. Meanwhile, alternative fuel technologies which have been around for decades are intentionally suppressed.

Three separate internal confidential memos from Mobil, Chevron and Texaco have been obtained by The Foundation for Taxpayer and Consumer Rights.

These memos outline a deliberate agenda to gouge prices and create artificial scarcity by limiting capacities of and outright closing oil refineries. This was a nationwide lobbying effort led by the American Petroleum Institute to encourage refineries to do this.

An internal Chevron memo states; "A senior energy analyst at the recent API convention warned that if the US petroleum industry doesn't reduce its refining capacity it will never see any substantial increase in refinery margins."

The Memos make clear that blockages in refining capacity and opening new refineries did not come from environmental organizations, as the oil industry claimed, but via a deliberate policy of limitation and price gouging at the behest of the oil industry itself.

Peak oil is just another weapon the globalists have in their arsenal to move towards a new world order where the elite get richer and everyone else falls into line.
          North American Union? PNAC? Amero? Anyone else heard of these terms? It's what's coming. It's the future. And it relates to gasoline prices, depression, and war. Then after we have the North American Union, the Asian Union, and of course the EU, it will be easy to unify the 3 main economies. Trilateral Commission?

I'm from the Philippines. The Philippines have been disarmed for the most part. The USA is really the last one standing in regard to freedoms and firearms. The myth of peak oil and high gasoline prices are part of the plan to destroy the middle class and make everyone poor in the USA except for a small elite. Of course then, who could afford to drive, buy groceries, much less buy and maintain firearms and ammunition, truly the teeth of liberty?

Another friend in the UK writes:
          This clampdown of freedom is scary.

For the first time in my life, I couldn't take the car out, groceries took priority. I live rural, disabled and really need my car. I give around $3000 a year to the government in taxes for the 'privilege' of running my car. They took our guns away decades ago. Don't end up like us here in Europe.

Comment

What's most interesting about the high fuel prices is that none of the several so called "experts" have reached a consensus as to why prices are actually so high.
            The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
              When I lived in Europe gas was way more than we are playing now in America.
              My first trip to Europe was in 1970 and it was already that way. The VAT (Value Added Tax) was and is responsible for much of that. However, 90% of Europeans drive small (4 OR 2 cylinder) vehicles, generally with manual transmissions as opposed to automatic.

Europeans have always paid way more than us for gas, but they've never been the gas-guzzler kind of folks. So perhaps in the end it all balances out?
              BK 7 filed and discharged in 2004 after 30+ years of perfect credit. Life HAPPENS.

Comment

So true.

What's most interesting about the high fuel prices is that none of the several so called "experts" have reached a consensus as to why prices are actually so high.

Comment

On LBK, it's 3.99/gal. for regular...okay? This is May, in February it was 2.89. Go figure....By Sept., we're predicting 4.99/gallon.....guess what, what if it was a work day, and no one could afford to get to work?

Again, I will reiterate. Everyone needs to take the same week off, save $, save gas & guess what, the world as you know it will cease to function.
                  Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
                  Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

I filled up my tank earlier this week and used mid-grade $3.85 instead of the required premium for $.10 cents....while the cost difference would've actually been quite miniscule, the psychology behind the savings is HUGE!!
                    The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

How did the vehicle run when you downgraded the gas?

I know my SUV only takes premium and if I tried to use downgrade gas it would run rough. I had a friend do that with his SUV and it messed his engine up.

I filled up my tank earlier this week and used mid-grade $3.85 instead of the required premium for $.10 cents....while the cost difference would've actually been quite miniscule, the psychology behind the savings is HUGE!!

Comment

How did the vehicle run when you downgraded the gas?

I know my SUV only takes premium and if I tried to use downgrade gas it would run rough. I had a friend do that with his SUV and it messed his engine up.
                        it has to do with compression ratio any thing over 10:1 will in most cases need higher octane gas higher octane only mean increased BTU'S which mean is the fuel burns faster once the spark plug firers how much fast is only milliseconds

instead of paying for higher octane have new plugs put in, change the air filer make sure you Car/Suv CPU is running correct

you can purchase hotter burning plugs for the motor you may want to check with your dealer to see what they suggest
                        Filed Chap 7

Comment

My dealership makes sure I get my regular checkups and they suggested not using lower grade gas. My SUV is only 2 yrs old and is a V8.

And living in San Diego, one is used to higher gas prices. I don't have to drive as much as I used to, so tank stays fuller longer. Or I drive my DH's V8 truck that takes reg unleaded.

Originally posted by jerzey View Post
                          it has to do with compression ratio any thing over 10:1 will in most cases need higher octane gas higher octane only mean increased BTU'S which mean is the fuel burns faster once the spark plug firers how much fast is only milliseconds

instead of paying for higher octane have new plugs put in, change the air filer make sure you Car/Suv CPU is running correct

you can purchase hotter burning plugs for the motor you may want to check with your dealer to see what they suggest

Comment

My dealership makes sure I get my regular checkups and they suggested not using lower grade gas. My SUV is only 2 yrs old and is a V8.

And living in San Diego, one is used to higher gas prices. I don't have to drive as much as I used to, so tank stays fuller longer. Or I drive my DH's V8 truck that takes reg unleaded.

I drove a raced up 72 chevy over 400hp for 8 years used 87 or 89 and had zero issues
                            no detonation in the cylinders, car run great till the guy i sold it too forgot about the tiny little thing called motor oil

Now if its a warranty concern then yes you are stuck
                            I am simply saying a tune up may let you use cheaper gas at no cost to engine wear

and one tip that helps is syntec oil if you havent already used it
                            after a few oil changes your MPG will improve ( not huge but enough to save a few $$$ over the year)
                            Filed Chap 7

Comment

Comment

We use synthetic oil in both vehicles.

Originally posted by jerzey View Post
                                I drove a raced up 72 chevy over 400hp for 8 years used 87 or 89 and had zero issues
                                no detonation in the cylinders, car run great till the guy i sold it too forgot about the tiny little thing called motor oil

Now if its a warranty concern then yes you are stuck
                                I am simply saying a tune up may let you use cheaper gas at no cost to engine wear

and one tip that helps is syntec oil if you havent already used it
                                after a few oil changes your MPG will improve ( not huge but enough to save a few $$$ over the year)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X