Rising Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20 cent jump last week for Central Fl.

Gas was $2.78 on Monday 11/29 today $2.98!
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

I paid 3.19 a gallon for regular today.. up 15 cents from thursday!
      Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Comment

Here in Oregon we have a 6 cent gas tax increase starting jan 1st.
        I Gotta remember too....there is no inflation. haha
        filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
        "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Not to defend the oil companies (which are corrupt, but not quite so much as the government), but the U.S. government bears a good part of the blame for the present fuel price increases because it refuses to allow adequate domestic oil exploration and production. Arctic and offshore oil drilling would increase supply and reduce our dependence on foreign oil, most of which comes from countries that hate us, anyway.

We're also subsidizing the wrong alternative energy programs. Corn ethanol will never, ever work as a motor fuel. It simply requires more energy to produce than the end product contains. That's a matter of physics, not politics; and all the legislating in the world can't change it. Biodiesel is a much more promising alternative energy option because, among other reasons, it can be produced from non-food crops, including many plants that we consider weeds. But weeds don't have a lobby. Corn does.

Ultimately, I think electric cars are the answer, but we're not there yet until we come up with better batteries and rapid-charging capabilities. Hydrogen fuel cells also show promise, in theory, but are probably a decade or more away from practical implementation.

In the meantime, we could drastically reduce our dependency on petroleum by investing heavily in modern nuclear power plants, which are safe, efficient, non-polluting (in terms of greenhouse gases), and use a virtually inexhaustible fuel source. Yes, there are issues with nuclear fuel disposal, but they can be managed. Solar and wind -- the left's current pet alternative energy projects -- are notoriously undependable, especially in a time of climate change. Even with optimal implementation, solar and wind could never meet more than a fraction of our needs, anyway; and wind energy is devastating to bird and bat populations.

-Rich
          Filed Chapter 7: 8/24/2010. Discharged: 12/01/2010
          Member and Exalted Grand Master: American Sarcasm Society (A.S.S.).

Comment

There's talk that gas prices are likely to reach $5.00 buy 2012. Boy I sure can't wait!!
            The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

I am with you there RichM, our govt seems to do the exact opposite of what makes sense. Don't even get me started on the corn lobby, it makes no sense to use food for fuel. We export our corn and import fuel to mix with ethanol???? Dee Dee Dee, lame. The biggest threat to the future of our nation our government.

BTW, if prices continue to go upward and stay there for a while, can we increase our expense allowed in regards to a ch 13 plan?

Comment

Gas prices may go up and down, but the long-term trend will continue to be UP as long as demand continues to rise.
                [URL Removed by Admin]

Comment

Conclusion : Up like a rocket & down like a feather!

Comment

That's really very serious problem of every country.
                    Gas prices gone up day by day and never go down single cent. I agree with experts and that true its price gone very high in soon time.

Comment

Originally posted by BKOnce View Post
                      Conclusion : Up like a rocket & down like a feather!
                      Haha, love it! They seriously need to start on the feather part here soon ;)

Comment

I just filled up in Indiana. Yes I drive from the Illinois to Indiana for gas. I paid $3.39 per gallon for premium. It was $3.79 in the city.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveGreen View Post
                          I just filled up in Indiana. Yes I drive from the Illinois to Indiana for gas. I paid $3.39 per gallon for premium. It was $3.79 in the city.
                          Consider yourself lucky... we are paying that for regular in S. Florida........
                          Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Comment

Originally posted by enginegirl View Post
                            Consider yourself lucky... we are paying that for regular in S. Florida........
                            central fl is up to about 3.39 for regular....unreal ...unfair......

and tomatoes are just as expensive!!!
                            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I actually saw gas for $4:50 close to disney a few weeks ago... if this continues house of cards will crumbling down once again...
                              Toobee.. I am surrounded by tomato fields here.. the farmers tried so hard to save them, it was awful to see acres and acres of dead plants.....
                              the gas prices are nothing but pure and simple greed.....

Comment

Originally posted by enginegirl View Post
                                I actually saw gas for $4:50 close to disney a few weeks ago... if this continues house of cards will crumbling down once again...
                                Toobee.. I am surrounded by tomato fields here.. the farmers tried so hard to save them, it was awful to see acres and acres of dead plants.....
                                the gas prices are nothing but pure and simple greed.....
                                NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! please!!!!
                                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X