No announcement yet.

Rising Gas Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruie control does work, as does airing your tires and alternating mid-grade w/regular unleaded. ---IN MY situation, got 28 more miles out of the tank. Gas in Wichita is 3.56 today.
    "You can never get enough of what you don't need to make you happy."
    6/16/08: Attorney approached lenders to surrender old home
    8/26/08: Met w/attorney RE: filing BK
    9/29/08: Filing Chapter 7

Comment

$3.56!! Wow!!!

I filled up at $3.95 today and that was the cheapest I could find on my way home.
      BK 7 filed and discharged in 2004 after 30+ years of perfect credit. Life HAPPENS.

Comment

some of these political cartoons are quite the riot

Comment

Originally posted by FLBK7 View Post
          $3.56!! Wow!!!

I filled up at $3.95 today and that was the cheapest I could find on my way home.
          And I was thrilled this morning to see that the cheap stuff had come DOWN to $4.21...
          Filed chapter 7: June 9, 2008
          341 meeting: July 18, 2008
          last day for objections: September 16, 2008
          DISCHARGED September 18, 2008 - CLOSED September 29, 2008

Comment

We have actually dome down a bit in prices here, and they have held steady for the last few days. The place closest to home (and typically most expensive) is down from $4.12 to $3.94; deisel is down to $4.85 from $4.95. The two cash onlys in town are $3.93 and $3.95, with the Citgo across the street at $3.97 and $4.75 for deisel. The place closest to work is at $3.95. Their high had been $4.02.....
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

$3.58 in central Minnesota..we'd gotten up to $4.37.
              Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
              (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

3.87 here our high was 4.07

Today I discovered one reason why we have such high gas prices. We waste to much.

It is the first day of school here in Ashe County. I have the misfortune of living near a school. Traffic is backed up at least a mile. The School System runs a bus to each location and the buses stop. Why do people in vehicles that aren't getting more than 15 mph (lot of SUVs and pick ups) feel the need to take their kids to school causing gridlock and wasting gas since the county runs school buses?
                May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

It's $3.59 where I live in Oklahoma, but in Tulsa, some stations it's as low as $3.44. (Chuckling at thinking $3.44 is considered low now)
                  filed: 5/17/06
                  341: 7/5/06
                  discharged: 9/6/06
                  closed: 12/20/06

Comment

Originally posted by JRScott View Post
                    3.87 here our high was 4.07

Today I discovered one reason why we have such high gas prices. We waste to much.

It is the first day of school here in Ashe County. I have the misfortune of living near a school. Traffic is backed up at least a mile. The School System runs a bus to each location and the buses stop. Why do people in vehicles that aren't getting more than 15 mph (lot of SUVs and pick ups) feel the need to take their kids to school causing gridlock and wasting gas since the county runs school buses?
                    I always drove my kids to school on the first day of school. I'm sure this is basically the norm everywhere.

My kids rode the bus most of the time, but........... When daylight savings time (or lack of it) works in such way that my kids had to walk 9 blocks in pitch black darkness to the bus stop, I would just drive them myself. Sorry, but safety is a mother's first concern. Particularly in big cities with huge suburbs. These days kids aren't safe out there before sunrise!
                    BK 7 filed and discharged in 2004 after 30+ years of perfect credit. Life HAPPENS.

Comment

Its not just the first day of school here, I just thought of it because it is, this will go on now until school lets out next spring. This is a rural area, no one walks 9 blocks. The buses pretty much stop at almost every house unless there are several clustered together. If parents want to carry kids to school, I say eliminate the bus program and just save money, make it the parents responsibility rather than the county's to get the kids to school.
                      May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                      July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                      September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Well it is interesting here. The place closest to us has gas at $3.85, diesel $4.65. In town the two cash onlys were higher than the Citgo across the street. Citgo: $3.85; cash onlys: $3.89 and 3.86 respectively. The place closest to my work: $3.86. Now, a station I had never listed before because their prices were nestled between the cash onlys and the Citgo, had gas today $3.79! Lowest diesel I found at yet another place is $4.55.
                        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by JRScott View Post
                          Its not just the first day of school here, I just thought of it because it is, this will go on now until school lets out next spring. This is a rural area, no one walks 9 blocks. The buses pretty much stop at almost every house unless there are several clustered together. If parents want to carry kids to school, I say eliminate the bus program and just save money, make it the parents responsibility rather than the county's to get the kids to school.
                          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Right now, gas is about $3.74 and the worst part is everyone was thrilled. It just seemed like it was yesterday, we were complaining about $2.74 a gallon.
                            (Signature removed by Moderator)

Comment

WASHINGTON -- The price of retail gasoline would fall by half, to around $2 a gallon, within 30 days of passage of a law to limit speculation in energy markets, four energy analysts told Congress on Monday. Testifying to a House Energy and Commerce Committee subcommittee, Michael Masters of Masters Capital Management said the price of crude oil would drop closer to its marginal cost of around $65 to $75 a barrel, about half the current $135. Fadel Gheit of Oppenheimer & Co., Edward Krapels of Energy Security Analysis and Roger Diwan of PFC Energy agreed with Masters' assessment at the hearing. Other witnesses say speculators aren't a major factor in oil prices, however.

Comment

3.55 here. Hear it's going to keep going down.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X