Is it just me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me?

It is just me or does it seem that this board does not have the activity that it use to?

While it is still the most active board that I frequent as it relates to bk issues, you are not alone in your observation.

Des.

Comment

I think the downtime the site experienced a little while ago hurt the site's traffic....
      Chapter 7 Filed 12/7/11
      341 Hearing 1/12/12
      Discharged 3/23/12!

Comment

Originally posted by DirkDiggler View Post
        I think the downtime the site experienced a little while ago hurt the site's traffic....
        I think you are right.

Also I have noticed a lot of discharges happening lately so that's a good thing
        "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Right...and frogger and catleg - I haven't seen them lately...

Comment

and tobee! where are you my friend?

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

I see it too but I'm sure it's temporary between the holidays and football season.

Since a lot of economic statistics are pointing to a slowdown and I keep hearing credit card usage is on the rise at the same time personal savings is shrinking I feel that Jan,Feb and March of 2012 will be the presumption period for a lot of today's holiday shoppers.

You will see these people in the news this Friday crashing through the doors in large herds like cattle.

Tensions were high moments after the Target store in Altamonte Springs opened on Black Friday.

They will be joining us by next year!
              The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

I have noticed a decline, too.

PS: I miss Pandora!!
                ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Unfortunately you are right.

Over the last year it lost about 9/10th of it's traffic. I thought it might have had something to do with Google.
                  Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer nor giving legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by debtprison View Post
                    Unfortunately you are right.

Over the last year it lost about 9/10th of it's traffic. I thought it might have had something to do with Google.
                    That's a big drop. I'm just curious, did you mean that maybe Google is now giving this site a lower listing against similar sites, than it did previously?

Comment

The downtime hurt it a lot. Some of the people who couldn't get back on during that time may be gone forever. And yes, I have noticed how once a person gets a discharge, they fade away rather rapidly. Most of the ones from my era have long since disappeared since they got their discharges in 2006.

And let's face it. There are several competitors for this site which are becoming more and more popular.
                      The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                      "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                      Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Originally posted by GoingDown View Post
                        And let's face it. There are several competitors for this site which are becoming more and more popular.
                        That is such a shame, this is such an excellent site. I didn't find this forum until after I filed, but there is such a wealth of information here and so many nice people. 13's anyway, take a long time until discharge, and there are so many little things that can come up. Then, I always like to remind myself "where I came from."

Comment

I've been on here a long time, even lurking for a while before joining; when the forum was down recently, it was down for quite a while as explained in previous postings by HRx. I am sure that contributed to a large part of a decline of members logging in as they may have found other sources/forums during that period. Over the years, a wealth of information has accumulated in this forum and there are still many long term folks who have stayed on here. The trend is that most people seem to leave within a year or less after discharge as their life moves on. People come and go in all forums as anyone who belongs to any other forum on the internet well knows.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

Originally posted by GoingDown View Post
                            And I keep getting banned from them so I guess you folks are stuck with me.

Des.

Comment

Changes in forum traffic is common for all forum genres. People simply move on with their lives after a while----especially after a BK discharge and simply become less active on the forum.
                              The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X