Interesting information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting information

Sometime back on these boards, a poster was talking about putting one of his car's in his son's name to hide it from creditors. If I remember correctly he said the son was 19 or 20 years old and still living at home. This may have been 9 or 10 months ago when this post was made. ( I am not saying this is the correct thing to do)

Anyhow yesterday, I decide to get some quotes on my car insurance policy just for the heck of it.
    I never gave them any information about my vehicle at all. They were able to run my address and find out what vehicle's were registered at my home address. My car came up then my son's who was living here for a short time a year ago car also appeared. The insurance company ask me what vehicle I wanted a quote on.

Let me say again, I am not agreeing with the OP about doing this but if the insurance companies have this program then collectors may also abe able to locate assets using this program to. I just found it interesting that I didn't have to input my vehicle information to get a quote.

pretty scary how BIG BROTHER knows everything, or at least things that they do. even with the information is incorrect, it's really difficult to correct it.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

fraudulent conveyance: What about the Penn state coach who just transfered his home to his wife for one buck. Of course his lawyers said this is ok to do. But he maybe facing a number of lawsuits so I find this interesting to.

Comment

I believe the service is from Equifax, since they now own the company that use to do this. The service also can return all traffic citations you have ever been issued! Yes, we are so electronic now, there is no sense in lying to a bank or insurance company. I think the company was called Checkpoint or something like that.

With all the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) laws in place, motor vehicle registration as well as driver's license information is freely available! There are now some privacy protections in place now, but that information has been available for years.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
          I believe the service is from Equifax, since they now own the company that use to do this. The service also can return all traffic citations you have ever been issued! Yes, we are so electronic now, there is no sense in lying to a bank or insurance company. I think the company was called Checkpoint or something like that.

With all the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) laws in place, motor vehicle registration as well as driver's license information is freely available! There are now some privacy protections in place now, but that information has been available for years.
          I think it might be called Choicepoint because I've seen it in the inquiries on my credit report.
          Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
          Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Nicollette View Post
            I think it might be called Choicepoint because I've seen it in the inquiries on my credit report.
            YES! That's it! Choicepoint! That company has been around for YEARS. They are one of the premier companies for background and pre-employment screening. That's how I learned about them about 10 years ago. They were bought by LexisNexis and then I thought Equifax. They are a data aggregator that collects all the public data.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

That is scary.
              The world's simplest C & D Letter:
              "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
              Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X