Did anyone else see the eclipse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone else see the eclipse?

It was stunning! I have never seen this dark, nor full of an eclipse in my entire life, and the shadows it cast through the tree leaves onto the walls and the ground all showed the moon. It was awesome!

Later on I will post some pictures of it.
    The world's simplest C & D Letter:
    "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
    Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

We couldn't see it here from FL. My DH was very upset.
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

I saw it. The shadows cast through the trees were great. And the overall light was beautiful!

We have a steel security gate/"screen" on our back door. With all it's little holes, the shadow it cast against the wall when it was hanging open was amazing. Unfortunately, our camera is broken and the cameras on our old flip phones are lousy. I look forward to seeing your photos, goingdown.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Nothing here in my area as heavy clouds started to move in mid-afternoon and in our area I don't believe we could see it anyway. Did see some of it on TV from Boulder, CO and it looked magnificent. Another five years until there is any chance of seeing another one in the US.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

It supposedly wasn't viewable at all on the east coast of the U.S., so we didn't bother. Will have to look at it on TV--which is really what one should do anyway, so as not to cause damage to the eyes.
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
            Will have to look at it on TV--which is really what one should do anyway, so as not to cause damage to the eyes.
            There are ways to see an eclipse without looking directly at it. One way is to put a pin hole in a piece of card board and point it at a wall to project the image. Or, you can look for neat shadows cast by trees, like this one.

Of course, on the TV or internet, you can see some pretty spectacular images like this one

Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 05-21-2012, 07:49 PM.
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Wow! Very cool!

Comment

Comment

Comment

And here are some other peoples' photos of the eclipse...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X