Waiting for Frankenstorm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting for Frankenstorm

While we still have power here at the Jersey Shore, just wanted to send out good thoughts to all of you in Sandy's path. Stay safe, hope we are all still here in a few days. Nothing left to do but keep the margaritas chilled. Best wishes to all.

You all stay in my thoughts and prayers...

The Bajan
    Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
    Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

I just saw pics of Cape May... yikes.
      Wind is whipping up here in central NJ.
      Came across something on FB that sounded like it might work about using C batteries with quarters to replace D's if necessary. http://lifehacker.com/271907/turn-a-...-with-quarters
      Cancelled my dr appt this morning and the dr thought I was being silly. Yeesh. Hello, we are in a STATE OF EMERGENCY.
      Stay safe!!!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Stay safe my friends in Jersey. The wind and rain is howling here in Pa. Out of all of us my son had to go to work today drives truck for the postal service. I'm really worried for him. His boss said get in here. He works the 2-10 shift and drives a semi.

Pam

Comment

The replica Tall Ship, HMS Bounty, has sunk off the coast of North Carolina. 14 crewmembers were rescued by the Coast Guard; two are still missing.

You may have to copy and paste that in your browser. Or just google HMS Bounty...

This is a sad day for the Tall Ship community. I hope and pray the two missing crewmembers are found soon.
          Last edited by AngelinaCat; 10-29-2012, 01:54 PM. Reason: spelling
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Stay safe and remember we're all sending good thoughts your way. I ivied through 3 or 4 hurricanes in Florida (before I moved away) so I can imagine what you're feeling.

If you're prepared and safely in doors you're already winning.

Be safe!
            Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
            Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Hello from CApe MaY!! We are safe and sound - didn't even lose power! Mainly beach front flooding and erosion - just popped out to survey things - unlike what some people say - most of us stayed this time.

We were prepared and ready - crews are working to get sand back on the beach where it belongs -

Comment

Glad all is well, Pansyface!

Hopefully we will hear the same from our other members in the storm's path.
                LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Aw Pansy hope you are ok!!! I was worried about you.
                  Please if you get a chance to peek at 815 let me know???

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Thanks keepsmiling!

We are still not allowed up on beachfront yet. I will check on 815 when I can get up there. McGlades got smashed and there was a fire at Higher Grounds. Lobster House took on a ton of water but will open again once they have dried out.

Comment

Hello from NJ - mainland about a mile off Ocean City. I'm fine, internet and phones are off and on, but we have power and only lost a big old holly tree, and we are allowed on the roads that are open. Many friends not so lucky. My heart breaks as the photos and aerial images are coming in.

I also must add that I haven't been a big fan of Gov. Christie, but I'm really liking him over the last few days.

Comment

Keepsmiling -

Got up onto BeACH Avenue and checked out 815 -looks fine - all beachfront houses look good - even landscaping survived nicely and that's not always the case!!

Pjmax - glad you are in good shape - I am feeling so badly for others who were not as fortunate as we were!!

Comment

we have a cousin lost their house.....complete...it floated away

son and wife and baby took off for nyc where their inlaws place has a generator....

my best friend of 30 years is right there and i can't get her

we are in NC FREEZING!!!!!!!!!

pray for nj and everyone.
                          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Tobee43 - so sorry to hear of your cousin's loss. We were LUCKY as h*ll and to so many who have lost so much, I send out prayers and hope for a better day.

Comment

Originally posted by PANSYFACE View Post
                              Tobee43 - so sorry to hear of your cousin's loss. We were LUCKY as h*ll and to so many who have lost so much, I send out prayers and hope for a better day.
                              me too...and thank you, it's my DH husbands family that is all there. plus my son and his family. i am just so worried for my friend of 30 plus years, we talk everyday for all those years and i can't get her. so i'm hoping she left...although her husband is a hospital pharmacist and i'm thinking they may be at his hospital since it has numerous cancer patients that can't do without their meds? i'm sure they are ok, they are both smart or not depending on whether she would leave her house.

i'm glad you are doing well. we still have many to hear from in the northern part as well. we can't reach them either.
                              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X