top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VOTE TOMORROW!!!!! (An Adventure at the FL Polls)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VOTE TOMORROW!!!!! (An Adventure at the FL Polls)

doesn't matter who you vote for, just VOTE. it's our right and so many fought for the freedom to make our votes heard.

now, i what to "share" my voting experience in florida, as this was so surrealistic, it could only happen in the movies .

in florida you just have to provide a photo id, of course that includes a 5 point drivers license. i had to wait in line approx. 1/2 hour when i finally got to where i had show my id. the people in front of me just flashed their licenses and happily proceeded to the polls. however, not so simple for me. i showed my drivers license and then was asked to produce my voter registration card. (which is NOT required). the poll worker told me if i didn't have it, i couldn't vote!!!!!!!!!!!! lucky for me i had it and it took all my strength to not challenge her publicly. this was late on friday.

as i know this is not true, and being concerned how many she did this too, i contacted the board of elections and told them what happened. the supervisor of elections got on the phone and said how sorry she was and in 40 years there has been no problems. i said i can appreciate that, however, you have one now. how will things like this effect the election in florida?????
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

That sounds terrible.

Oregon votes by mail, and Arizona has that as an option. I signed up to have my Arizona ballot mailed to me automatically, and I just sit down and vote at home and then put it in the postage paid envelop they send with it, and mail it back to them.

I mailed mine back in over two weeks ago.

It makes it really easy to vote, and I think it also may help to reduce voter fraud.
    The world's simplest C & D Letter:
    "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
    Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

I voted by absentee ballot , 2 weeks ago. It is easier to read and study the laws they put on the ballot. I started it 10 yrs ago and nver turned back.
      chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

well, let me continue with some interesting points about this florida ballot:

they are asking us to make constitutional changes pertaining to health care, homestead property tax, actions of the supreme court, abortion rights, religious freedom, home stead property tax exemptions for surviving spouses of vets, tangible person property tax exemption and MORE.

i'm telling you it took me 3 weeks to study this ballot and it's issues. it's language is misleading and i'm telling you, in my entire life i have never ever seen anything like this before. it would be fine if everyone was a constitution atty that was voting to understand the significance of issues, however, they are extremely difficult to understand and are simply not clear for most people ...that's how confusing the language is.

i feel as tho i have moved back to the early 60's ....this is really scary to me.
        Last edited by tobee43; 11-05-2012, 09:01 AM.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by Floridagail View Post
          I voted by absentee ballot , 2 weeks ago. It is easier to read and study the laws they put on the ballot. I started it 10 yrs ago and nver turned back.

really, you understood all those new proposed amendments??

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
            well, let me continue with some interesting points about this florida ballot:

they are asking us to make constitutional changes pertaining to health care, homestead property tax, actions of the supreme court, abortion rights, religious freedom, home stead property tax exemptions for surviving spouses of vets, tangible person property tax exemption and MORE.

i'm telling you it took me 3 weeks to study this ballot and it's issues. it's language is misleading and i'm telling in my entire life i have never ever seen anything like this before. it would be fine if everyone was a constitution atty that was voting to understand the significance of issues, however, they are extremely difficult to understand and interrupt...that's how confusing the language is.

i feel as tho i have moved back to the early 60's ....this is really scary to me.
            There are a number of terrible propositions on the Arizona ballot which change our state constitution.

My general policy for them is simple-- I vote "no" on them.

Our state's constitution has already been amended so many times with terrible results that I no longer trust people who want to keep on changing it.

It usually comes back to bite us in the a$$, so I just vote "no."

Comment

Originally posted by GoingDown View Post
              There are a number of terrible propositions on the Arizona ballot which change our state constitution.

My general policy for them is simple-- I vote "no" on them.

Our state's constitution has already been amended so many times with terrible results that I no longer trust people who want to keep on changing it.

It usually comes back to bite us in the a$$, so I just vote "no."
              i hear you. i just didn't vote on many of the issues i left them blank because if you think it was a NO it was a YES ...LOL!! really, the way these are written on line the very next line contradicts the next so if you are thinking NO...you are really voting YES.

what a mess. i went door to door the other night and told many, that if you do not fully understand what you are voting for leave it blank and you know why? because saying NO to things like vets wifes, health care etc. i just don't think unless one has a full understanding should even think about what their vote could do..the final outcome is uncertain as these are written to not be clear to the general public.

Comment

I heard from a few people they just vote No, rather then read them. They should have separate elections for those items. My step daughter tried to vote in Brandon, around the block lines. so she gave up.
                chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Originally posted by Floridagail View Post
                  I heard from a few people they just vote No, rather then read them. They should have separate elections for those items. My step daughter tried to vote in Brandon, around the block lines. so she gave up.
                  it's so terrible. yesterday my neighbors sister who lives near miami had to wait 8 hours. this is unreal. there is no reason for this to be happening. the poll worker are slowing down the process for certain. i so agree, those items should have been done at a different time.

Comment

Vote early and vote often!
                    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                      i hear you. i just didn't vote on many of the issues i left them blank because if you think it was a NO it was a YES ...LOL!! really, the way these are written on line the very next line contradicts the next so if you are thinking NO...you are really voting YES.

what a mess. i went door to door the other night and told many, that if you do not fully understand what you are voting for leave it blank and you know why? because saying NO to things like vets wifes, health care etc. i just don't think unless one has a full understanding should even think about what their vote could do..the final outcome is uncertain as these are written to not be clear to the general public.
                      That's terrible when they phrase it in such a way that a no actually means yes.

Here's the way ours are written on the ballot:

A "yes" vote shall have the effect of protecting crime victims from having to pay damages to a person who was injured while that person committed or attempted to commit a felony against the victim.
                      YES

A "no" vote shall have the effect of keeping current constitutional law related to liability for damages.
                      NO

Comment

There were problems at my polling place in the last two elections. After asking for my ID, which is not allowed in California, the poll worker told me I was not on the rolls because she didn't know how to look a name up alphabetically. I knew I was there because I hadn't moved. I had to show her how to use the alphabet to find my name instead of trying to go through all the names looking for mine. Another woman kept having her ballot rejected and nobody could figure out why. When I went to put my ballot in the machine, I noticed the display said she had overvoted, meaning she voted for two candidates for one office. I had to explain to the poll workers that they need to look at the message the scanning machine gives when it rejects a ballot. The woman had "spoiled" all the ballots that are allowed. If I hadn't come along when I did, she would have spoiled her last one and not been able to vote. That was the last election's problems. There were more during the prior election. I called the registrar of voters to report the problems both times. I hope things are better tomorrow.

Go vote everybody! It's important. If you have any problems at your polling place, don't give up. Call your local Registrar of Voters if you have to.
                        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

At least you got to vote early. I tried 3 times! Each time I went the line was around the building.

So I will be waiting with the other 60% that did not early vote tomorrow...grrrr!

I will vote NO on all the amendments because they should not be part of the constitution.

And I did study each amendment careful. If we give every vet's wife, first responders and every elderly person a complete tax break on their property taxes - Where do you think that money is going to come from?
                          Last edited by Freddy03; 11-05-2012, 12:29 PM.
                          "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Wow tobee...good for you to call the elections office. That is pretty scary....we got there for early voting between storms, they said, as they have an online thingy you can check the wait times. They were all about 40 mins. We got there walked right in!

And yes thank you for the freedom that i can vote!

Comment

goingdown: i wish i could get a copy of the ballot here's just a quick but not accurate list of the issues

lady:, i was there!! in the computer right next to my husband and she still ask me for more id! since i did this post, i got another call from the supervisor of elections and she said that person has been removed from the polls.

freddy: we vote at a city hall and we did it in the middle of the day hoping most people would be at work, i think that's why we only had a 1/2 wait. when we went to leave the line was around the building! this is nuts!

df: i was so upset about what happened because i just was thinking how many did the poll worker turn away?? how many votes? i know someone was sent to that polling place and hopefully things will be straighten out by tomorrow's voting.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X