Verizon not on credit report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verizon not on credit report

Is there any reason why Verizon would not show up on a credit report? I was under the impression anytime you enter a contract with Verizon it appears on your credit report. What does it mean if it's not there?

Originally posted by ksgirl38 View Post
    Is there any reason why Verizon would not show up on a credit report? I was under the impression anytime you enter a contract with Verizon it appears on your credit report. What does it mean if it's not there?
    Verizon has NEVER been on my credit report. I'd say having utilities on a credit-report are the exemption - not the rule. And IMO, that's how it should be because I wouldn't consider my power-supplier, phone- or cable-company as somebody who issued me a "credit".

Now, if these accounts go into collection for non-payment, they might show up after all.
    Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
    FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
    FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

I've been with Verizon for 10 years and it has never appeared on my credit report. Never been late paying. I think IBroke is right that Verizon and utilities only report when accounts go into collections. When I discontinued service, I did have a utility send me a letter saying that my account was always paid on time and that the letter could be used as a credit reference.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Verizon doesn't want to pay to report good accounts. It does not benefit them. On the other hand if they report a bad account they know it will impact the consumer. Boils down to money.

Comment

A couple of years ago, I think I remember somebody stating that their utility provider would actually report every month to the CRAs. Back then, I was quite surprised when I heard that the first time. But as I said before, a reporting of such an account is certainly not the rule.
          Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.

Comment

Originally posted by IBroke View Post
            Verizon has NEVER been on my credit report. I'd say having utilities on a credit-report are the exemption - not the rule. And IMO, that's how it should be because I wouldn't consider my power-supplier, phone- or cable-company as somebody who issued me a "credit".

Now, if these accounts go into collection for non-payment, they might show up after all.
            I assumed since in most cases you sign into a contract this is why it appears on a credit report.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
              I've been with Verizon for 10 years and it has never appeared on my credit report. Never been late paying. I think IBroke is right that Verizon and utilities only report when accounts go into collections. When I discontinued service, I did have a utility send me a letter saying that my account was always paid on time and that the letter could be used as a credit reference.
              That clears it up. I think it was on mine, but someone mentioned recently that it wasn't on theirs. I only assume because of the BK that is why it's on mine.

Comment

Originally posted by df04527 View Post
                Verizon doesn't want to pay to report good accounts. It does not benefit them. On the other hand if they report a bad account they know it will impact the consumer. Boils down to money.
                Exactly. Reporting your "on-time" payments can only help you, but not them. Reporting that you defaulted on your bill to them turns up the pressure on you, and thus helps Verizon recover the money owed, or at least gives the company satisfaction that they ruined your credit for 7 years.

I know that none of my current utility providers are on my credit report, however, when I defaulted on a huge debt with T-Mobile, they reported it to all 3 credit bureaus, and now that the account has been sold to a JDB, the JDB account is on all 3 credit bureaus (although the original T-Mobile account is gone). I am filing for BK in approximately a week, so I will see what happens with my credit reports.

Comment

Originally posted by bcohen View Post
                  Exactly. Reporting your "on-time" payments can only help you, but not them. Reporting that you defaulted on your bill to them turns up the pressure on you, and thus helps Verizon recover the money owed, or at least gives the company satisfaction that they ruined your credit for 7 years.

I know that none of my current utility providers are on my credit report, however, when I defaulted on a huge debt with T-Mobile, they reported it to all 3 credit bureaus, and now that the account has been sold to a JDB, the JDB account is on all 3 credit bureaus (although the original T-Mobile account is gone). I am filing for BK in approximately a week, so I will see what happens with my credit reports.
                  I wasn't behind any with Verizon. In fact I had actually paid ahead. Would it be because I reaffirmed the contract?

Comment

Originally posted by bcohen View Post
                    I know that none of my current utility providers are on my credit report, however, when I defaulted on a huge debt with T-Mobile, they reported it to all 3 credit bureaus, and now that the account has been sold to a JDB, the JDB account is on all 3 credit bureaus (although the original T-Mobile account is gone).
                    Just to make sure: Are you certain that T-Mobile reported it or - what I'd guess - collection agencies did on T-Mobile's behalf?

Comment

i don't know about verizon, we have had them for so many years and we keep them because we get an extra 20% off our total bill because it use to be one of one of our's accounts. they never asked for any credit check, although when you want new service they check your credit.

i was floored when we moved here and the power company wanted a credit check, we never missed a payment in forever, and told use we needed a small deposit to turn the lights on. even tho we were renting the first couple of years i remember someone telling me they have to give it back to you after a certain time. so i called them and they returned the money to us. very odd, since our utility companies do no reporting they still want to see how you pay your bills.
                      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X