Physically sick over situation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jane taylor
    ....the English Springer Spaniel is a big goofball that lives in the yard and hasn't a care in the world.
    Gosh, some days I'd love to be a dog! ;)
    *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

Yup, I don't believe in reincarnation, but if I did, I would want to be that goofy dog--not a clue, not a care!! That dog is always happy!
      Filed: 2/24/2006
      341 mtg: 4/4/2006:angel:
      Discharged: 9/25/08!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

To lie in the sun and sleep all day. To go running around outside and chase butterflies and have the kids come by to pet you and rub your belly. To run wagging your tail to greet your master and instantly be rewarded with food. Now that's the life!

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by SinkingFast
          We need to do a "Minny Happy Dance"!!

WTG, Dano!!

Tell your wife GOOD LUCK!! Best Wishes with her interview!! and may GOD Bless you both.
          My wife had the job interview this morning and said it went well. It is for a full time job with health and life insurance and a 401K plan. It pays $2.50 an hour less than her previous job but we have made some changes since her lay off that should enable us to keep our heads above water.
          The lady that did the interview said they will contact her by this Friday as to whether she got the job. Pray, pray, pray for us..................

Comment

Originally posted by dano100
            My wife had the job interview this morning and said it went well. It is for a full time job with health and life insurance and a 401K plan. It pays $2.50 an hour less than her previous job but we have made some changes since her lay off that should enable us to keep our heads above water.
            The lady that did the interview said they will contact her by this Friday as to whether she got the job. Pray, pray, pray for us..................
            Note to self: pray for Dano's family....check! Consider it done plus all my fingers AND toes are crossed as well - please keep us posted.
            I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
            06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
            07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
            10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
            01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
            09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
            06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
            08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
            Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by lrprn
              Note to self: pray for Dano's family....check! Consider it done plus all my fingers AND toes are crossed as well - please keep us posted.
              No one called my wife about the job she interviewed for, as promised. She had to call the employment agency who didn't know anything. They told her to call the buisness that had the job opening and all they told her was they already filled the position.
              I guess at 55 years old they were looking for someone younger......... Our hopes were dashed and now it is back to square one.

Comment

Ageism is alive and well in America. I am noticing this. Started seeing it at about 35. Full scale now that I have hit the 40's. I look good and am well educated. That said, I can already feel that nobody wants me regardless of skill set. I am back in school to get more skills, and am not sure that is even worth it. This is the country of beautiful people. It has taken me a very long time to see this. The beautiful (young) woman with perfect teeth and perfect smile, getting in her (new) lexus, driving to her (big) suburban home. Her husband (young) has a perfect job, they have beautiful children. No one has one single blemish. Hair is perfect, no bankrupcy on their record. They have never ever been sick. They wear designer clothes and she carries a prada handbag. Yada Yada Yada, these people do not even exist except that everyone wants to be them. This is what the marketing companies bank on. This is the Jones family, and everyone wants to keep up with them!

Comment

I happen to live in a county where all these wannabe's of the Jones family live. The new thing for the housewife to say is is that she wants to make absolutely sure that you "know" that she does not have to work. She makes it almost seem like a sin to go to work (even if she does not have children or they are grown). I met a lady who was applying for a job at Target. I said it must be difficult to commute that distance for the job. "On, no, I do not do this for the money!" Yeah right!!!!! Then why don't you take your special little self to a shelter and do volunteer things for people. I am sure Target does not need your volunteerism.

Sorry I am on a rant today, I just cannot stand this county and its barbie doll people that I keep meeting!

Comment

Its so hard to find a job past the age of 40 now that it is UNREAL.......

Even 40 is considered old and ancient...... experience means nothing unless your in the medical field.

I'm in the older generation at the office. 3 of us, next age is in the early 40's then 25 to early 30's.....

We might as we;; be senior center bound as far as these kids are concerned.

The younger generation now has few morals, absolutely no manners, and the attitude of "so what - fire me".... Boy are some of them in for a rude awakening. And then they wonder why they get fired........ can't keep a job.

Don't know what kind of job your wife applied for, but tell her to put in applications as some of the county offices...... water district, public service dept, electric companies...... they do and still hire older employees..... They want people that are dependable......

In our office when the "seniors" put in a gripe - BOSS LISTENS....... kids gripe all the time.....

Had a young one rattle my cage and press my buttons to see what I'd do..... (her goal - to get rid of me to hire in a friend of hers).... word travels fast in a small office.

Boss addressed the problem immediately, gave the young one a copy of the company rules and regulations, told to read them, abide by them and keep their mouth shut..... if they planned on being employed at our facility.

Me and the other woman pretty well "hold our own" with the new young ones, we're older, wiser, and somewhat smarter!!! As the boss told the young one, "being pretty" doesn't mean you get the job done!!!!

Tell her to try motels as night auditor (I know, 3rd shift) but it pays good, won't tax her out and she can pick and choose her days usually to work.....

Also she can go on-line under your town's name and check out listings for jobs that are available in your area.

Hospitals are a great place for olders to find employment also....... admitting, medical recording, etc...... Some jobs (medical) they will train you for.......
                    Somebody has to watch monitors on patients...... especially late evening and overnite....

Good Luck, just keep looking, and be patient.....
                    Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

It's really scary to think I'm only 2 years away from that category. Yikes!

Comment

thats a nice post minny, well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Minnymouth
                          Its so hard to find a job past the age of 40 now that it is UNREAL.......

Even 40 is considered old and ancient...... experience means nothing unless your in the medical field.

I'm in the older generation at the office. 3 of us, next age is in the early 40's then 25 to early 30's.....

We might as we;; be senior center bound as far as these kids are concerned.

The younger generation now has few morals, absolutely no manners, and the attitude of "so what - fire me".... Boy are some of them in for a rude awakening. And then they wonder why they get fired........ can't keep a job.

Don't know what kind of job your wife applied for, but tell her to put in applications as some of the county offices...... water district, public service dept, electric companies...... they do and still hire older employees..... They want people that are dependable......

In our office when the "seniors" put in a gripe - BOSS LISTENS....... kids gripe all the time.....

Had a young one rattle my cage and press my buttons to see what I'd do..... (her goal - to get rid of me to hire in a friend of hers).... word travels fast in a small office.

Boss addressed the problem immediately, gave the young one a copy of the company rules and regulations, told to read them, abide by them and keep their mouth shut..... if they planned on being employed at our facility.

Me and the other woman pretty well "hold our own" with the new young ones, we're older, wiser, and somewhat smarter!!! As the boss told the young one, "being pretty" doesn't mean you get the job done!!!!

Tell her to try motels as night auditor (I know, 3rd shift) but it pays good, won't tax her out and she can pick and choose her days usually to work.....

Also she can go on-line under your town's name and check out listings for jobs that are available in your area.

Hospitals are a great place for olders to find employment also....... admitting, medical recording, etc...... Some jobs (medical) they will train you for.......
                          Somebody has to watch monitors on patients...... especially late evening and overnite....

Good Luck, just keep looking, and be patient.....
                          She applied for a shipping and receiving clerk job at a distribution warehouse in our hometown. Experience: She was a secretary to the Shop Operations manager at G.E. for 22 years. She could have had the receiving clerks job that opened at G.E. 10 or so years ago (they told her she was qualified) but turned it down because she loved the job she had. Besides her age (54) I think the other thing that may have kept her from getting THIS job is the fact that she has recall rights at G.E. for the next 5 years (they asked her about that in the interview). They are probably afraid she may go back to G.E. in the future if they were to call her back.
                          She has also applied for a police dispatchers job but one of the questions on the application was "are you currently laid off and subject to recall?". She had to answer yes, so that probably shot down any chance for her to get that job, even tho we went to high school with the mayor and the chief of police.
                          The whole situation is like a catch 22. She is an experieced office worker with a sterling work record, she is 54 years old and dependable to a fault (many times she went to work sick just because no one else at G.E. could do her job). But the catch is she IS 54 years old, was just recently laid off and is subject to recall for the next 5 years. A prospective employer has to consider weighing her experience and dependability vs. her age and the fact that G.E. may call her back to work in the next 5 years. It is so frustrating to be in this situation...........

Comment

Now that's a bad situtation to be in............ Shot down no matter what......
                            Yes, those issue have a LOT to do with why she has not been hired......

I hate to hear that, its a shame, but that's the way they do things.......

Has she thought about "temp services" where she can fill in when others are on vacation at some of these companies...... Would probably keep her working all the time, just at different places.....

Like for maternity leaves, vacations, medical leaves, family leaves...... lots of companies hire from "temp services" and sometimes it stretches out into months of employment.....

Might look into that......

Good luck, keep us posted.
                            Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Don't give up hope and get frustrated. This is short lived (I know!). Stick together, stay healthy and get busy with your short to medium term prospects. The sun still keeps coming up EVERY day. You'll soon be over this with new ideas and a lesson or two under your belt. many extremely wealthy and successful businessmen who's names you would recognize, have been bankrupt a couple of times before they got it right.

I've included a site for helpful tips if you've got the time to lern more.
                              Roy
                              Overcoming Bankruptcy

Comment

I must say, this is a great thread

I am bumping this thread, I like that term. Never new that was the word for it. Hope it doesn't get me thrown out of here.

Anyone hear about minimum wage going up, if it is going to really happen?
                                I heard that the republicans were trying to pass it, and put some other sneaky stuff in the bill and it got shot down.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X