top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How helpful has this forum been for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anonymuse View Post
    On the positive side, it's been such a great learning experience. Ultimately, I rely on the lawyers advice, but sometimes its great to see other people's experiences and have them help you point you in the right direction and learn from others mistakes.

I only have one caution for people using the boards (and it has nothing to do with the boards themselves.) I don't think I've gone more than a couple days without thinking about my money situation--and that's for almost a year. I was spending too much time on here that was only adding to my stress. I had to wean myself off since I had a big knot in my stomach for days at a time.
    I agree. My wife says this stuff is driving me crazy. I filed 3 weeks ago, but the waiting is wearing on me. I started doing it myself and opted after doing a complete petition, to hire a lawyer and have not regreted it. Although he said I put way more than he ever did in a petition, I believe he knows the ropes and I don't. There are definitely ropes in use in the system. I discovered Pacer on this site which is good and may relieve some of the tension. Now I know where all of this junk mail comes from these Bankruptcy sharks. They are obviously accessing Pacer or some other database. I really appreciated the comments and sympathy from the younger folks about us senior citizens filing. Yes it is tough to realize that you try to do everything right for 40 or 50 years and then wind up like this, but at this age, it is a matter of survival. I can't see my wife and I being a slave to Chase until we die. At 62, you just don't have the energy to fight with Chase and the other sharks, so we changed the terms of our agreement with them. In retrospect, given the current economy, it may be the best decision we ever made. We may have a lot more company real soon.
    Last edited by Chased; 07-14-2008, 03:03 PM.

Comment

When I realized earlier this year that bankruptcy may have to be an option for us, I started researching to find out everything I could before we went to speak to an attorney. I wanted to understand the process and what our options may be and how those options may/would/could affect us. This forum was one of the first sites I came across and I can not tell you how helpful and informative it has been. Knowing that there were other people who are going through what we are and hearing what they have to say has eased my fears considerably.

When we went to our consultation appointment with our attorney last May the knowledge I gained in part from reading these posts helped us to have a more complete understanding of not only what to ask the attorney but also enabled us have a more complete understanding of the attorney's explanations. Knowledge gained, at least in part, due to the posts on this site.

We have our signing appointment with the attorney on Thursday and hopefully everything will go smoothly from there.
      Filed 07/31/08
      341 Meeting 09/04/08
      Discharged: 11/20/08
      Closed: 11/24/2008

Comment

Chase Credit Card Ads on this site.

Originally posted by manglicmot View Post
        I have not filed yet, I'm right on the edge - on again, off again - but this site has kept me from making potentially horrible mistakes.
        Putting Chase advertisements for credit cards, on this site is a bit insulting, and inappropriate, since they are the number 1 preditor, abuser, crook, scam artist and shark that has been the cause of many of the people being in bankruptcy to begin with.

Comment

The forum has been very helpful to us. Lots of information that I never got from a lawyer and lots of empathy and understanding. People have been very open and generous in giving advice and support. It has been a real lifeline!

I do, like so many others here, wish I had found this group sooner. Maybe we could have done some planning. But it has still been helpful and I really do appreciate all the insight you guys have shared!

Filed Ch 7 -- July 9, 2008
          341 mtg ---- August 14, 2008
          Discharged ---- October 17, 2008
          Closed --------- December 11, 2009!

Comment

Whois Bkforum.com

Domain name: bkforum.com

Administrative Contact:
            Internet Services
            Internet Services ********@oligarchy.com)
            +1.4197152582
            4 les Grandes Bruyeres
            Boullay-les-Troux, 91470
            FR

Technical Contact:
            Internet Services
            Internet Services ********@oligarchy.com)
            +1.4197152582
            4 les Grandes Bruyeres
            Boullay-les-Troux, 91470
            FR

Registrant Contact:
            Internet Services
            Internet Services

4 les Grandes Bruyeres
            Boullay-les-Troux, 91470
            FR

Comment

Chase Credit Card Advertisement On This Site

google ads on this site for Chase Credit Cards by the moderators is inappropriate. This is like sleeping with the enemy, and adding insult to injury. You can eliminate this in your google setup, so why don't you? It makes you look like you are trying to make money off of other people's misery. Results on scroogle are about 788,000 for chase credit card abuse. Making money from pushing chase credit cards is not cool.
              Last edited by TheLightOfDay; 08-08-2008, 08:38 AM. Reason: Spelling.

Comment

THE ADS ARE NOT PLACED HERE BY THE MODERATORS!
                Originally posted by TheLightOfDay View Post
                google ads on this site for Chase Credit Cards by the moderators is inappropriate. This is like sleeping with the enemy, and adding insult to injury. You can eliminate this in your google setup, so why don't you? It makes you look like you are trying to make money off of other people's misery. Results on scroogle are about 788,000 for chase credit card abuse. Making money from pushing chase credit cards is not cool.
                Bankruptcy History:
                Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
                Discharged - 02/16/2006
                Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

Like many others I wish I had found this site sooner. I have learned so much and everyone has been so helpful and understanding.
                  I tortured myself with shame for 2 years prior to filing. Then I let the thieves without guns torture me.
                  It took me at least 18 months to detach emotionally from the negatives associated with filing Ch 13.
                  And in retrospect it has been the most astute business decision I have ever made.
                  Best wishes to all of you.
                  CH 13 OLD LAW
                  10/14/05
                  Closed completed
                  Final accounting 04/2009

Comment

AWEsome!!!

I can't thank this poll anad everyone enough. Although I am just in the process (will file Oct 22), this forum has already saved my sanity. Though I still stress out...it's like being able to pick up the phone and talk to a good friend about your problems and what you are going through. It truly is lifesaving! You know that all of us are in a form of the same kind of boat...that is conforting in itself. OTHERS TRULY KNOW WHAT YOU'RE GOING THROUGH~

So...thanks everyone..you guys are terrific
                    bk22

Comment

I found a ton of great information here and got some great advice and answers to my questions. People were quite supportive...we're all in the same boat!
                      I have to say, filing for me was a relative breeze. I had a great lawyer and my case wasn't complicated at all. Pretty cut and dry. It was awesome to not have to worry about trying to make all of those credit card payments every month, then when I got the discharge notice I was totally relieved. My case was closed a couple weeks later and it's all done.
                      I've gotten an Orchard Bank Mastercard with a $500 limit at 8.9%, and I'm not so stressed out anymore. I can finally move on with my life!
                      Filed Chapter 7 4/29/08
                      341 Survived 5/27/08
                      Discharged 8/19/08
                      Case Closed 9/08/08

Comment

RE:How helpful has this forum been for you

This forum is very helpful for us.I learn lot of kowledgeble things.I really apprecite this one.need many informations about this.
                        -----------------------------
                        Muthu

http://www.shepelskylaw.com

Comment

I just found you guys today..Thank God.....I have only a State Pension to live on and I am going to live overseas where it will stretch further. So instead of BK I am just going to let them get their judgements, but even after the house is gone I will still be about $300K short.

Liofe is not easy at the moment, but it will get better.

Comment

This forum has helped me alot. Heck, I was even familiar with Pacer until I found this site. I was only familiar with 13network.org.
                            Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
                            Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

This site is very helpful and seems like a great place for support through this time!

I have a question (not sure if it's best to ask it here)
                              but I would LOVE to have a signature like everyone has, you know the filed confirmed, payment amount and months to go! Any help would be appreciated, I think I've found a home!

Comment

?

Sorry, how do I input a new post on this website? I can't find this option anywhere.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X