top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How helpful has this forum been for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't filed bankruptcy nor have I been in a position to need to but I know three people who have - all three very different cases: one for medical bills (ch 7), one had a business failure (ch 13), and one ran up her credit cards (ch 7 x 2 in nine years) - and I wanted to learn more about what they may have gone through.

Reading through the various threads I see everyone is helpful to each other no matter the income or circumstances. I'm very impressed with this community.

Best wishes to all!

Comment

After a long time considering whether BK was the best course of action for me, I am now in planning mode. So I hit the internet looking for more info and all I could find were the same basic FAQs on various consumer counseling and attorney websites.

I found this forum about a week ago and it is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I have learned so much in just a week from reading here. Now I won't feel like such a newb when I meet with a BK attorney. And, seeing that I've done my homework, he'll hopefully work more diligently for me.

Comment

If there were webawards for "THE MOST HELPFUL" forum........this would be it

It has really helped me 1. with my self-esteem. 2. provided me with first-hand information through the steps of Ch 7.. 3. and shown me....there's going to be a better tomorrow

Thank you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

This forum has been invaluable for me
          Filed Chapter 7 September 25, 2009
          341 November 2, 2009
          Final Day for Objections 1-1-10 (Happy New Year!)
          Discharged 1-4-10

Comment

This forum has been great. It gave me so much info in preparing for the worst. The best part is reading how many people have similar problems, ans what great advice has been given from those who have already been through it. Can't thank you all enough.

Comment

I started looking at this forum several months before I filed, though I only joined in September this year, when I actually filed the BK.

I learned so much. Perhaps the best things were that my plans to pay off and keep a couple cards were not going to work (and would be a very poor idea) for a couple of reasons, and also a complicated thing with my living situation. I learned that I needed to stay on my own lease and not just jump ship and officially move into my fiance's house prior to the BK discharge. Without that bit of information, I likely would have ended up in a mess of a chapter 13, and I say a mess because my fiance's income is high in combination with my own and I did NOT want to be in the situation of effectively making him pay for my debts by having to use all my income to fund a 13. Without the forum, I might have ended up in my lawyer's office without enough documented expenses to justify a 7, still up to my neck in SL debt of course because I cannot discharge that, AND stuck with years of debt payments for a 13.

It has also been great to have the support going through the 341, the attorney conversations, ect. I have a friend who is filing now and I told her and her husband to come here!
              Filed: 9/9/2009
              341: 10/13, went well!
              Discharged 12/17/2009

Comment

Extremely helpful emotionally. Everyone is so supportive and non-judgemental. It is helpful to see that others survived, some have even thrived, since their BK filing. Learned alot, found answers to questions. Really a great forum!
                All posts are opinion only- I am not an attorney.

Comment

Oh. This forum is priceless in helpfulness. Simply awesome. I love it!

Comment

I have really enjoyed posting and reading on this forum. I get great answers, and if the answer is not know they don't hesitate to tell you instead of giving out bad information. They are willing to chat, direct you to a great link, disagree with great attitudes.. what else can I say this is a great board with great information and wonderful poster.

Comment

Just voted. I received a lot of help so far. My only complaint is that I spend too much time reading all the good info
                      Last edited by nonsense2020; 02-26-2010, 05:43 AM. Reason: corrected grammar

Comment

Um. Yeah. Where can I find the forum 12 step program for people who are addicted to the forum?

Comment

Absolutly, vote so they can keep this forum alive. Before I decided to file, I never heard of the word bankruptcy, did not know such a thing existed. After I decided to file I got on the internet and by gods grace I found this forum. I know so much about bankruptcy now, I've been able to help my friends and family on the do's and don'ts when considering bankruptcy. Even my partner tells his friends to call me for info. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to BK and all of you guys who contribute to this forum, because of your experiences and those gurus' you have helped so many people go through this process. And I know you have helped so many, because I read almost everything that has been posted. And I encourage those who have already been through the process of bankruptcy to please keep logging on and reply when you can from your experiences to all the other's out there needing some input.

Thanks again Love You Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

This forum is such a well of hard-earned collective knowledge it's downright amazing...then again, we do live in amazing times....

I've learned more from reading this forum for a couple of months than I've heard from several attorneys I've consulted, which says something about these particular attorneys - not about the profession in general...

Filed a Ch. 13 pro-se a couple of days ago which I wouldn't have imagined possible two years ago when the BK thought originally hit me. Thank you, one and all...
                            No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

I would say that this forum has been a very good help especially for those who's having difficulties with their debts...actually, I recommended this forums to my friends so they could get a few tips..^-^

Comment

Picked wrong answer. sorry was supposed to be very helpful

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X