top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How helpful has this forum been for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How helpful has this forum been for you?

Please take a moment to participate in this poll. :-)
    Very Helpful
    89.39%
    Helpful
    8.38%
    Somewhat Helpful
    1.96%
    Not helpful at all
    0.28%
    Last edited by HRx; 03-09-2007, 10:32 AM.
    The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

I have not filed yet, I'm right on the edge - on again, off again - but this site has kept me from making potentially horrible mistakes.
    Filed C7: 04/25/2007
    341: 05/21/2007
    Last Day for Objections: 07/20/2007
    Discharged: 07/23/07 Closed: 07/26/07

Comment

What I love about this site is: the people are very friendly in here they do not knock you down for your stupid mistakes, like how you got into BK in the first place. I racked up my credit with MOSTLY gambling/cash advances, no one made me feel bad about it. So I'm staying on this forum for a minute even though I'm discharged to lend "opinions," and express my thoughts, and experience having gone from Ch13 and converting to Ch7 within 3 months.

Thanks Everyone who participates in here ! !

Catchmeifyoucan
      July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
      Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
      Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
      Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

On the positive side, it's been such a great learning experience. Ultimately, I rely on the lawyers advice, but sometimes its great to see other people's experiences and have them help you point you in the right direction and learn from others mistakes.

I only have one caution for people using the boards (and it has nothing to do with the boards themselves.) I don't think I've gone more than a couple days without thinking about my money situation--and that's for almost a year. I was spending too much time on here that was only adding to my stress. I had to wean myself off since I had a big knot in my stomach for days at a time.
        *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

I filed Chapter 13 Bankruptcy in February 2005 and was not confirmed until 09/2005. As everyone knows, waiting to be confirmed is the worst!!!!! I had so many questions and the stress level was out of this world, but I could come on this site and everyone was great at calming me down and anwering all of my questions. This site really made an unbearable situation much better. It is nice to know you are not the only one dealing with this.
          sigpicPersevere: "To continue a course of action, in spite of difficulty, opposition or discouragement."

Chapter 13: Discharged 03/15/2010. Closed 05/19/2010::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Everyone here has been incredibly supportive. Not only has this site kept me from making more terrible financial mistakes, it has kept me from divorcing and/or killing my husband!

jane
            Filed: 2/24/2006
            341 mtg: 4/4/2006:angel:
            Discharged: 9/25/08!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Just had to say thank you to.........

All of the people on this site who have interacted either by replying to my posts or reading my posts who have saved me from going totally insane!

I appreciate each & everyone of you even though you & I have never met.

I went bankrupt because of a man & a drug...it was my fault for allowing the madness...I will not repeat the insanity again, I will not repeat the insanity again....this is my mantra.

Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
              Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

I knew less than nothing when I filed!

This board is where my education really begad. Thanks for that.

Comment

Like Hagar100, I knew nothing when I first considered bk. I have not filed yet, but am going to be as prepared as possible when I do....thanks to this board.
                  I appreciate the wisdom and support. Thanks so much!
                  ~~~ Toomuch ~~~

Filed Chapter 7 - 10/15/08
                  341 Meeting - 11/13/08

Comment

I have learned more useful and practical info on this forum than any of the other ones out there on the web.
                    The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                    "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                    Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Saved my life!

At the time that I found this site, I had been served civil lawsuit papers by a "friend" of 12 years whom I had once helped out of foreclosure with a sizable loan, gave him a job and basically let him "coast" as an employee and supposed founding member of the corporation because of our friendship.

When my business went under, my mother had just died a terrible death, a previous employer had been stealing my employees and to cap it off, stole a very large contract right after the death of my mother...I also had to help a family member through a terrible child custody situation during this same period.

When the doors abruptly closed on my business - I suffered a nervous breakdown. I guess it was too much in such a short period of time and it took months for me to come out of that. Just as I started to regain my fighting spirit, I got served. Needless to say, the civil suit (for major $$$) tipped me back way over the edge - more especially because of the fact that this had been a friend and someone I had helped.

I seriously contemplated ending it all. Seriously.

I couldn't afford to fight the wretched and false allegations in the lawsuit and thus it went to default judgment.

Finding this site and reading all the stories of others situations helped me to regain my focus and to just go through it. I filed bankruptcy. I am still going through it, but the world is not ending, and I am still alive.

So thank you ALL for sharing your stories and helping me (even though you did not know I was here until recently).

It has been a journey, that is for sure!!!

P

Comment

This forum has been and will continue to be extraordinarily helpful in my endeavors to navigate through a most difficult situation.

I cannot thank everyone here enough: the mods, owners and contributors have a most informative forum to study.

I would gladly financially support this forum if need be.

Thanks again.

CPO

Comment

Thank you to all those that have already participated in this poll!

Maximum participation in this poll would be greatly appreciated ladies and gentlemen!
                          The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

This is by the far the best forum I've found. In particular, the information for Chapter 13 filers is great! I have yet to file, but this board has been instrumental in helping me understand the option of filing bankruptcy. Cheers.

Comment

C'mon folks VOTE!!! It's anonymous!!

There have been 453 views and only 34 votes on this poll!! lol

Exercise your right to Vote!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X