top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How helpful has this forum been for you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still have not filed, but I've really learned a lot by reading other peoples experiences. Next consult with a Lawyer (probably in Apr) will be much more focused than the "deer in the headlights" style BK tutorial I received last June. The folks on this list are nicest group of people you'll find anywhere and are always avail to help. I'll probably be relying on them alot to help me get up the courage to "stop" the bill payments, and actually file.

Comment

I filed BK13 in January and the great folks on this site gave me the support to know that I did not do something terrible and underhanded. In December I finally accepted the fact that I needed to file and reading the files plus asking questions helped me select an attorney, be prepared with the paperwork, and file in about 3 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by HRx View Post
        C'mon folks VOTE!!! It's anonymous!!

There have been 453 views and only 34 votes on this poll!! lol

Exercise your right to Vote!!

Some of those views are probably web crawlers, but 34 votes is incredible small!

Can you send a blanket PM to everyone on the board to go to this thread and vote?
        *** THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE--ONLY A LAWYER CAN PROVIDE THAT. ***

My posts represent hours of research on and off the web, these forums, my experience, and my opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymuse View Post
          Some of those views are probably web crawlers, but 34 votes is incredible small!

Can you send a blanket PM to everyone on the board to go to this thread and vote?
          That's true...mass--PM's aren't allowed.
          The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Thanks to all

This Forum is a must for all people.We learn from each other.We share our thoughts that we don't share any place else.Nobody ever wakes up and says Oh what beautiful Day,i'm going to file bankruptcy.Lots of good people had some setbacks in Life if it be medical,job loss,etc.My Attorneys, Lewis & Jurnovoy,have a 1 hour show,taking calls and answering people concerns.they always say the clients always want to pay back who they owe money to.But,Lewis and Jurnovoy say on the show that,Hey, we need to look at your basic needs and expeneses.Some will do fine with Ch.13,put bills in a pot and pay what the court deems what a person can pay back or not.The bill collectors can like it or lump it. The court has decided!! On other hand,some will do great in Ch.7 Straight out bankruptcy.Anyhow,we all have our story to tell and just so good to come in and hear that some one got their Discharge,Some got their Closing.Then those who have already finished,yet they come in here to help others who have just begun their journey to a fresh start. To all who started this forum thank you so much. and thank to all our other friends here and the other 4. i think i will take these friends with me to my 341 meeting lol take care all
            CH. 7 Filed 4/4/07 done DISCHARGED AND CASE CLOSED 7/10/07 approved auto loan 3/082005 ford escape 14500
            all cc balances paid in full after transactions credit report disputes raised fico 25 points fico 8/07 448 fico 4/08 595

Comment

I'd just like to comment that aside from the legal aspects of bankruptcy that this forums and it's great members have supplied, there has been an invaluable moral support provided here also. Much fear and trepidation has been calmed by you guys, and I'll always appreciate that, and try to contribute what little I can when I can!
              09/13/06: -- C13 filed with Courts
              12/04/06: -- Plan confirmed!
              Payments left: -- 38

Comment

Some of the views are likely visitors.

The value here is immeasurable, from a legal perspective. That is to say, learning from others, from real experience. None of this is actual legal advice, but it is worth far more than the $200 an hour we pay an attorney.

The real value is the support. The knowledge that we are NOT alone, that we are NOT failures.

That honest mistakes happen, that addictions or compulsions or bad choices or random events can drag anyone down. Rich or poor.

To me the REAL value in this board is the people and the knowledge that not only CAN life go on. . . but that lives MUST go on and that it would be terribly sad if those who matter and care (family/friends, whoever) went on without each and every one of us.

YOU (and I) are the board. And our value is more than the book value of Chase, CITI, Fair Isaac. mortgage companies and all the others COMBINED.

DMC
                Last edited by DeadManCrawling; 05-05-2007, 03:58 PM.
                11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
                12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
                3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

This has indeed been the most helpful site by far. Nobody here to judge you. Those that have already walked those steps are so willing to help the new comers that have yet to walk that path. That information is invaluable.

Thanks everybody!

Comment

this forum is the greatest.. for me i was in the shadows learning and paying attention to others experiences for about 2 months, just today i felt the confidence to start commenting and sharing my history and experience. with credit to this forum, i was VERY prepared when i visited my attorney. he even cracked a joke about my questions being more indepth than his bar exam.

Comment

I really enjoy reading the information on the forum and find the people informative and respectful on a subject that is unpleasant.

I look forward to being armed with knowledge when I go to interview attorneys and can spend the time asking "what are you going to do for me" and "Why should I use your services" rather than "teach me what bk is about".

The only thing I can suggest for improvement would be a forum to discuss last attempts of avoiding bk.
                      CH 7 File Date 11/09/2007
                      Discharged 2/22/2008
                      Closed 2/25/2008

Comment

this site has been a lifesaver, I am definitely alot calmer about the bk, I haven't filed yet due to some instability at work that may cause me to change jobs, but that should be resolved one way or the other by the end of June.

In the meantime I plan to learn as much as I can from this site so when I do file it will a no brainer.
                        Paperwork turned into attorney 7/10/07

Comment

Profuse thanks for this forum and it's moderaters/contributors

I too am very glad to have found this forum.

What I knew of BK before I found this forum was absolutely nothing. I didn't even think one could go BK anymore with the new rules/legislation.

I've learned a great deal (thanks to this board) since I sank financially, and I'm sure I'll be on here often now asking the crazy questions since this whole experience is driving me crazy, but at the end of the day I wish I could hug everyone who contributes in one way or another to this board by way of advice.

So...at the end of the day...Hugs atcha all who are going thru this, sharing the experience, and whatever advice you can give.

"Knowledge is power, and power is knowledge"

Comment

I have found answers to almost everything I was wondering about. It has helped tremendously to read posts from so many others who are in the same situation as me. Whenever I am worried about something I do a search on it and am always uplifted by what I read.

Comment

I've learned a great deal I am so glad to have found this place it has helped me alot
                              4/12/07: Chapter 7 Filed
                              5/10/07: 341 Meeting
                              7/09/07: Objection to Discharge Due

Comment

I am nearing the end of my chpt. 13. I wish I had found this site much sooner! This site has answered many questions about what to expect when being discharged and how long it takes. It has also given me hope for my post-bk life! Thank you so much, like I said, I wish I had found this site earlier on in my bk. THANK YOU!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X