This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new format of this forum really sucks

I just got back from vacation in the high country and return to find that this whole forum has a new format that is harder to read and navigate than ever before.

I've been on this forum since 2005, and this is the worst format ever.

What happened?
    The world's simplest C & D Letter:
    "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
    Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

I like it.

Comment

Hi GoingDown:

We are not yet sure what happend, but something did last week that totally put the site down for two or three days. There are a couple of other threads on the subject.

While rebuilding, Laz chose to install the latest edition of this forum software. It is a major upgrade, and is why it looks so different. The rebuild is not yet complete, and he has advised me and the other Moderators, that it might be a couple of weeks before the restoration is completed.

In the meantime, please make notes of features that should work but don't, and other quirks, anomalies and other problems you encounter. Let me know, either here, or by PM, and I will pass your concerns on.

Thanks!
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

It definitely takes some getting used to. I find that there is a lot less content per visible screen and way more space than necessary consumed by controls and pretty boxes and borders.
        filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

ditto cat...i was away for a bit over a week and this is terrible..but getting use to something "new" is always odd.
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I like the old one better. This new one seems to be slower and harder to read. The only one thing I like so far about the new one is that I can quickly recognize what thread/post I already posted in.
            Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

Harder to see what you're doing when you're replying to a post, the text box seems a lot smaller than the previous one....however, I am just glad to have the forum back...and thank Laz for his work.
              Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
              AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

One man's opinion:
                1.Seems to run slower in general.
                2. as already mentioned the format seems to waste a lot more space..... things are unnecessarily spread out.
                3. except text box which is smaller
                4. as yet I see no improvements, but maybe I'm missing something

Comment

Originally posted by ryan View Post
                  One man's opinion:
                  1.Seems to run slower in general.
                  2. as already mentioned the format seems to waste a lot more space..... things are unnecessarily spread out.
                  3. except text box which is smaller
                  4. as yet I see no improvements, but maybe I'm missing something
                  You need to click on "Go Advanced" now to get to the old default reply box. Yeah it seems a little smaller too, but the scrollbar helps.
                  I don't know why some of the smilies in the right side display have shrunken to pinhead size either. And I miss my green smilie! , and the blue cool one too!
                  “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

whatmoney.....???? you mean theses???LOL!!

and where's the "go advance" thingy located at?
                    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                      and where's the "go advance" thingy located at?
                      Don't mean to hijack the post. It's at the lower right corner right below the Quick Reply box, sandwiched between Post Quick Reply and Cancel
                      Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

wnguyen....yes, thanks...i finally found it. just had to look beyond my nose! i do believe that is where i obtained those little fellows smiling above us.

Comment

I just logged in - first time in about a month. It's SO slooowwwww!

Comment

Yeah spearmint, took me about 3 minutes and 5 refreshes to go from Main page to this thread...and if it holds true to course, I'll have to refresh once or twice after hitting the post button for it to post.
                            Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
                            AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

And it's REALLY slow at the moment. WTF happened? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
                              Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X