Is this site running slower nowadays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this site running slower nowadays?

Is it me (my computer running slow) or does this site seem to be running slower now that the format has changed from the way it used to be a few weeks ago? It seems that since with the format change, every time I try to open up a new message on this site, it takes about 15 seconds or so to open it.

On a side note, I find it funny that there are both type ads on this website, where you see BOTH type companies trying to help you with your credit & BK problems AND companies offering their collection services. LOL!!! TOO FUNNY!!!

I know those collection service companies help pay the bills to help keep this site up and running, but I am appalled that these companies want to run their ads in this particular forum . . . a forum that is designed to help consumers in need and NOT HELP vulture companies seeking bill paying challenged customers, so they can beat them up when they are down in desperate need of help.

Quagmire

Yeah it runs slow.

Comment

This morning.. its like molassas... :/ takes about 15-30 seconds to load a page and about the same to load a topic. Ugh

Comment

Yes, running MUCH slower. So frustrating at times that I simply shut it off.

Comment

ditto!! i was a watcher prior to finally joining so been here for months and have NEVER Ever seen this...but they are updating the site, apparently, so that's what's going up as the info is being changed?
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Thanks Everyone. I thought that it might just be my computer, however it seemed that every since the format/layout was changed on this site , my pages seem to always now download very slow . . . no matter what time of day I am on this site.

Quagmire.

Comment

Thanks Everyone. I thought that it might just be my computer, however it seemed that every since the format/layout was changed on this site , my pages seem to always now download very slow . . . no matter what time of day I am on this site.

Quagmire.

Comment

Same here.
                Very slow.
                Doesn't matter what time of day I come here.
                I've started opening every thread in a new window, just so I don't have to wait for things to load after hitting the 'back' button on my browser.
                7/01/10 - filed!
                11/20/10 - discharged and closed

Comment

The owner is into crunching numbers and putting little awards and such on your profile. He explained in another thread that the number crunching takes time. Other than that, I have already been too vocal about these New and Improved situations. If "Tide" was a good soap, and now we have "New and Improved Tide" what was wrong with the old and unimproved? I think this site is being over engineered. But, I'm already in trouble for my opinion. 'Hub
                  If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I don't think it is the extra stuff that is slowing things down.
                    I've been on boards with even more stats, than this one has.
                    Seems (from watching the bottom of my browser bar) that most of the delay is waiting for some of the ads to load.
                    7/01/10 - filed!

Comment

So, is anyone looking into the slow loading problem,
                      Or are we stuck with things taking forever?

If so, I think it might be time for me to just quit stopping by. Taking way too much of my time anymore.
                      7/01/10 - filed!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X