top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double Rent Is Ending - After Only Two Months!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Rent Is Ending - After Only Two Months!!!!!!

We are so grateful and excited to announce the ill-advised first rental in Puyallup has been removed from the market as of 10/4/22 and the move-in date is 10/18/22, which means if they sign the lease on that date, we will be refunded part of our payment for this month. If not, the lease for the new renters will begin 11/1/22.
    So relieved to get out from under this and not have to pay until 4/30/23 (when the one-year lease would have naturally ended.) And considering the slowdown in demand, we count ourselves very lucky to be done with this undesirably located rambler!!!!
    We are saving 20k by getting off the hook now for breaking the lease in September, which was the first entire month we no longer lived there.
    Instead of paying for a full month out of our bank account, we persuaded the leasing company to apply our entire deposit (which was slated to be repaid to us fully since there was no damage to the property) to this month's rent, thus saving ourselves nearly 3K and not depleting our savings further.
    Making the bold and risky financial decision to break a lease, move and have to pay double rent potentially for many months to come was scary but necessary to ensure my husband will thrive at and keep his job as well as ensure the feline fur babies' happiness and provide us with better access to medical care and other social and economic amenities along with much needed increased interior space and a vast back yard complete with frequent wildlife visitors, all for only $125 more per month- certainly a bargain and a good deal in most any one's book, LOL!

Act on what your gut tells you and take financial chances - when you are able to and have the funds to back you up!!!!!
    Last edited by Barbisi; 10-06-2022, 01:05 PM.

Well we were sweatin it that's for sure! So glad that's over with, without the double rent for the remainder of the lease - 6 months. And yeah it is nice to have wildlife in the yard. After all, we are away from the burbs, but still close to civilization. We may need to consider a power generator since the neighb's have mentioned days-long power outages. We do have a couple fireplaces and firewood. Hey, at least we are not in the CO mountains - when it snows there, that's it - you better have ALL your supplies to last awhile, cause you are on your own up there!

Comment

Since you'll no longer be paying for the Puyallup house, it'll be like getting your Chapter 13 discharge all over again. F-R-E-E-D-O-M!!!
      Latent car nut.

Comment

As usual, you are so perceptive shipo!
        Paying double rent was like a continuation of BK13 all over again.
        We were so resentful but tried to chalk it up to the "pay to play "situation so aptly defined by justbroke - in order to get out from under suffocating debt (or in this case, a very poor commuter location) you have to be prepared to cough up the cash.
        Luckily, we had the necessary funds in reserve, but a waste of nearly 20K like that (i.e., 6 months' worth of rent for a house we long ago vacated) would be close to impossible to truly recover from and might have heralded a downward financial spiral which could have even led to another Bk13 filing.
        Well, maybe that's a reach, but after what we've survived, we have learned well from our tutor, the bankruptcy court, and know even one financial disaster can lead to insolvency if enough ill bodings align.
        I am at once so relieved and giddy for this second chance at freedom.

Comment

I am so happy someone rented that house! You are free once again. I definitely would let go of the resentment simply because when you sign a lease that's the terms and it sucks, but it what it is...And making that move was really for the best so it was the best for you even if costly. And best of all you had the option/were not stuck there until the end of the lease and you could swing the double payments because BK 13 is history!!

I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X