My Old Friend Murphy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Old Friend Murphy

We made plans/down payment to get siding installed on garage which would take 2-4 months to get the supplies.

We also need to get the second car and have been saving up money. No word on the siding it's somewhere 6-8 weeks into the waiting period.

I told husband if we buy a car they are going to say the siding is ready. But we really needed that car and I feel my marriage is better already even though it's just 3 or 4 days of having two cars. I hadn't heard anything on the siding so I thought why not!

Bought the car on Tuesday. Picked up on Thurs since it had to be transported. Friday morning, voicemail message "Hi this is so and so from home improvement we have your siding!"

It will work out it's not a terrible Murphy, but I just knew this would happen. We only have about half the cash we need for the siding, but he allows 30 days to pay it off so we can swing it.

BUT REALLY??!!

I am glad we got the car anyway since it's done and if we had waited another week, we wouldn't have the down payment for the car and had to wait even longer.
    I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Given I work with, in, and around automation, I am well acquainted with Mr. Murphy! You pushed through your Chapter 13, you'll figure out a way to get the siding to work out.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

I never invite Mr. Murphy to any of my life events, but he just has to show up. I'm waiting for what he's going to do next. I just bought a new car; first in 12 years, so we'll see what happens.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Carmella..you knew Murphy would show up and he didn’t disappoint. You’re good at making things come together. I hope things are well in every other aspect.
        Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
          I never invite Mr. Murphy to any of my life events, but he just has to show up. I'm waiting for what he's going to do next. I just bought a new car; first in 12 years, so we'll see what happens.
          Y'all beat me, my first new car since 2002 is on a boat in the Gulf of Mexico at this moment; hopefully it'll be here in a week or two.
          Latent car nut.

Comment

Carmella, as our little coterie of BK13 gurus ( shipo , sophieanne,justbroke) have stated above, you'll triumph over this latest blip and continue on undeterred to the wonderous world known as post- BK13 life!
            (It looks like sophieanne is the only one among our alumni not to have bought another car soon after the BK13 discharge. Is that correct?)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X