Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

341 meeting is over! Take this from someone who suffers from PTSD, GAD and OCD.

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 meeting is over! Take this from someone who suffers from PTSD, GAD and OCD.

Well after a month and some change of getting no sleep and barely eating, my 341 meeting has now come and gone and it went surprisingly smooth. I'm a Chapter 7 no assets case and I think that I was there with the Trustee for just a shade under three minutes. He asked me the basic questions and asked me if there is anything that I forgot or any errors. I brought up that I forgot to give my attorney a copy of a check that I received just before filing for work I did for someone one night. I brought that copy with me and showed him and all was well. The only thing that caught me off guard was when he asked if I was employed which I'm not. He asked what kind of work I usually do and I told him and that was it. No creditors showed up (thank God Almighty!) and off I went.

I was nervous at first because I arrived thirty minutes early and got to sit in on other people there for the same reason. The couple already speaking with the trustee was there for a good half hour talking to him AND the US Trustee via speakerphone. My lawyer came in, pulled me aside and said don't worry about that. He won't want to talk to you and of course, I was still nervous but it turns out he was right. I trust my attorney but by nature, I always worry and overthink everything!

So now I guess I'm officially a member of the 60-day club. My question for that though is it really 60 days? On my paper, it says creditors have until July 8th for them to object but wouldn't it be more like 40 days or so since courts are closed on the weekends? Hopefully, this gives other people hope who still have their meeting to look forward to. I say this because from experience if your attorney says DO NOT WORRY and everything will be fine, trust him/her. My attorney told me the day I filed that he already knows how my meeting will go and he was 100% correct. He advised me to STOP reading horror stories online and pretty much to stay offline period LOL.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X