My 341 Story (Chp 7, Pro Se)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 341 Story (Chp 7, Pro Se)

Hey everyone - I just got back from my easy-breezy 341 meeting. Like everyone on here has said IT IS QUICK! I know there are exceptions, of course, but my meeting was pretty by the book. I apologize in advance if this post is long but I just want to explain how my meeting went and hopefully calm the fears of someone who was just like me 24 hours ago.

I got to the building at 8:05 a.m. for my 8:30 a.m. meeting and was the first person in the room. The room was rather dull - white paint, grey vertical blinds covering what would be lovely large windows, posters with information. The room was set up with about 5 rows of waiting room-style chairs that went about 5 or 6 back. There was a large desk with four chairs around it and one larger office chair behind it. The Trustee came in at about 8:15 to start setting up her desk. She stacked some papers (obviously everyone's bankruptcy paperwork) and flipped through a few folders. After another five or so minutes, she announced who she was and that this was a 341 Meeting. She said that people with attorneys wouldn't be heard unless their attorney was present. By that time, there was an older couple, their attorney, a single female, and a male and female, one of whom was an attorney. The Trustee called the first name - mine! I presented my DL and SS and she informed me that the conversation would be recorded electronically. I said my oath and we began the questions.

For the most part, she just ran through the schedules. She asked me if I was renting (yes ma'am), if I owned anything of value over $500 (no ma'am), and who was furnishing my apartment (my parents' let me borrow some of their furniture along with neighbors). She asked me to confirm if my tax statements were my most recent (yes, ma'am), if I was hourly or salary (hourly but full-time, ma'am), what my usual paycheck was (between $700 and $800). Then she got to my bank statements, which I figured might be my only potential hang up. I am a full-time student and I received student loans and student loan refunds. She asked me about an $1,800 payment to my university and I explained that I was issued a student loan refund and then took that money to pay back tuition (the round-about way financial aid has you pay back balances). Then she asked me about buying $1,100 airline tickets in late May. I explained that my mother had a family emergency and I purchased the tickets. My parents then paid me back by paying some of my bills (shown by the sporadic ATM deposits they gave me).

After that she asked about my car and I had brought a copy of the reaffirmation agreement for reference. She asked me if the car was in reaffirmation and I said that yes, I had submitted the reaffirmation to the law firm representing my car loan last week and she said, "Okay,".

Then she said, "Thank you for your time," and I was on my way.

The whole process was EASY and I was back in my car at 8:33 AM. I am soooo grateful to everyone on this board! You guys have helped me more than you can know!

great job!!!!!!!!!!!!! another pro se'er does it!!!!!!!
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

See, it's not so bad! Congratulations and welcome to Club Sixty!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congrats on a smooth 341!
        "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Best wishes!!!!!

Comment

Welcome to the 60 day club! Nice write up, thanks for "paying it forward".
            Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X