Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmc-2008 View Post
    How do you get to pacer?
    PACER provides information about accessing and filing federal court records electronically. Find resources for using PACER.

You need to register for an account. See the following thread for more information on how it works http://www.bkforum.com/forum/before-...cer-guide-tips. Some of it, like the per page fee, may be out of date.

Be careful not to run searches that result in downloading a lot of pages and a huge charge. If you just search for your particular case and follow the instructions in the above thread, you should be able to avoid that.

No debtor who is represented by an attorney really needs PACER. But, because it is a record of the court, that is where you will see the discharge come up, perhaps before you get it in the mail. In most cases, once your plan is confirmed, very little or anything new will show up on PACER until the end of your plan. My mortgage is adjustable and includes an impound account, so the mortgage company filed a report every time my mortgage payment changed due to a change in the interest rate or my insurance and tax payments. That is the only thing that was filed after confirmation until the trustee filed the notice that I completed my plan.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

My NDC account went from Active to Paid in April. Same time the trustee completed the final accounting and notices, which are on pacer.
      Discharged 5/2015

Comment

I'll check Pacer tonight. Called trustee office and was told the order was sent to the employer to cease payments.

Comment

mine was completed on 2/26/15.....I'm dying a slow death waiting..... I'm so impatient.

Comment

Originally posted by Dt3813 View Post
            mine was completed on 2/26/15.....I'm dying a slow death waiting..... I'm so impatient.
            I know, I am not a very patient person either. My final payment was in January and it took until April to see anything happen. I expect that I will receive the discharge in mid May since that is when the 30 days is up.
            Discharged 5/2015

Comment

• Dt3813
              Dt3813 commented
              Editing a comment
              i hope too be around the same time....

Thank you for the pacer info
            Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

We are signing the Debtor Affidavit Requesting Discharge today!!!

Comment

So I check ndc everyday....and although it has been listed as closed and completed since 2/26, I've noticed that instead of the "updated" date changing once a week or so, now it is changing daily....this leaves me to assume that they are working on my file. I am a serious stalker people....I'm driving myself batty! I'm wondering what my new obsession will be after discharge....actually it will probably be my credit score, because I already really stalk that too... Maybe I just need a hobby.... have a good day!

Comment

Finally got the great news TODAY! Now waiting my discharge and refund of moola!
                  Last edited by justbroke; 05-01-2017, 06:52 AM.

Comment

RetiredArmy congratulations on your plan completion!
                    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks JB! And thank you for correcting my attachment for me!

Comment

Remember DO NOT DO WHAT I DID! Make sure you blot out your personal information, attorney, judge, spouse when you post a picture.

Here is what my NDC UPDATED SCREENSHOT looked like today! Never had any Domestic Support Obligations (DSO's), Second Mortgage was stripped and now free from my Title and Deed, no judgment showing up on any of the credit reports either!

Any idea how long the Discharge and Refund process takes for Middle Tennessee District Office?

Comment

RetiredArmy - Congratulation! Great way to start the month of May. Enjoy your new freeedom...i know you have learned a lot from this experience and I'm very happy fior you.
                          Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
                          Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Got this in my email box today after inquiring about my case with my attorney!

"​​​​​​I have filed the final paperwork in your bankruptcy. You will receive a Motion in the mail with a response deadline of May 22, 2017, and a hearing date of May 31, 2017. You will not have to attend this hearing. You should receive your Discharge approximately May 23, 2017."

Then just a few seconds ago got this status update message from NDC: "Congratulations, it looks like you're nearly finished with your chapter 13 case, some helpful information can be found here."

I will post the updates as I approach these dates and required signatures.

Comment

Hi RetiredArmy,

You are lucky if you will be discharged that quickly. My plan completion was updated on 2/3 and last disbursements from trustee to creditors were done on March 13th. Certification in support of discharge was also received on 2/3. Notice of final cure payment to mortgage company filed on 3/22 and response received on 3/30. As of May 2nd, I'm still waiting for my discharge. I know the discharge will not happen until all disbursed checks are cashed which can take up to 90 days. Honestly, I check NDC and Pacer a few times a day. Even though it's great to not have to make any more payments, it will be even better to finally get this behind me and start a fresh new life debt free.

I guess I just have to be patient which it's tough for a Taurus

Anyhow, good luck on your discharge and hope it happens quickly for you!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X