They crawl out of the woodwork!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They crawl out of the woodwork!

Get a discharge and the world knows it! LOL. Let's see, so far in the past week we've received the following letters all with the same sentiments to start: "congratulations on your Ch 13 discharge and fresh start! We're here to help you!"

Preapproved credit card cards
    Refinance my mortgage
    Apply for NEW mortgage
    Preapproved for new car
    Want to buy our cars outright
    Preapproved for timeshare
    Preapproved for furniture

LOL! All in the trash..... Good grief. Why can't they send me a winning lotto ticket instead?! 😂

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
    LOL! All in the trash..... Good grief. Why can't they send me a winning lotto ticket instead?! 😂
    Because there's no $$ in it for them!

Yup. . . circular file for those letters "trying to help".

Des.

Comment

LOL! But they all just want to help you!
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

LOL LITR! Of course, of course... I'm not a crook LOLOLOL!

Des.. yep... gonna have a bonfire with them all

Comment

Hey Lady... tell me how many you get - we'll have a contest LMAO!

Comment

Okay, you keep careful count! Hopefully, I will be able to start counting by this time next month.

Barclays has actually been sending me an offer for a credit card every week or two during my entire Chap 13. They go right to the shredder! I may need to get a new shredder. Mine already struggles. Too many offers of credit may finally do it in.
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

"congratulations on your Ch 13 discharge and fresh start! We're here to help you!"
              Where was there willingness to "help" BEFORE you, me and everyone else got into our messes that led to BK. Oh the irony....

Comment

They did help thats why we are hwre!!!

Lady i am afraid i will bite! Because i have felt so broke, i know they are not smart and what they lead to though. I sure hope so anyway!!!!
                Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

It's a shame the credit industry has scared so many people from filing for bankruptcy with the threat of "ruining their credit" and never being able to borrow again. I try to assure people that YES, you will probably get credit offers the day you get your discharge, but with the media storm for a perfect credit score the way it is, I'm not sure how many believe me.
                  Any information posted by me is for general informational purposes only. While I am an attorney, I am not YOUR attorney and any information I provide is not legal advice.

Comment

I had more than one auto loan offer in my mailbox on exactly day 61. I think they must time it.
                    Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

I was getting car dealership offers the day after my discharge & it hasn't stopped .... Feels good to throw them in the fire .....
                      Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
                      Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
                      Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Add 4 more preapproved credit card offers....to the trash. Ugh.

BKAttyMI understand what you mean. We gave up all credit card usage years ago, just something we chose to do and go cash only at that point in time. I just can't see going back to a cc ever given we've gone so long without one at least 2 years before we even ended up in a ch 13; credit score doesn't phase me in the least

Comment

LOL LITR! Of course, of course... I'm not a crook LOLOLOL!

Des.. yep... gonna have a bonfire with them all
                          Better yet, use their business reply envelopes and send them a glitter bomb! Or tape it to a brick and make them pay postage for it.
                          4/29/2011 - Filed Chapter 13, have to pay a massive payment each month!
                          6/16/2011 - 341 meeting
                          7/21/2011 - Confirmed!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X