Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New NDC status, "Interim, Discharge & Close"

Hello folks,

Is there a formal definition of what the NDC status of, "Interim, Discharge & Close" means?

Thanks in advance.
    Latent car nut.

No. The individual Chapter 13 Trustee uses one or more of the various available statuses within the NDC. Mine went from "Active" to "Completed" and then to "Closed" without any other statuses. Other Chapter 13 debtors have seen statuses such as Ready To Close, Discharged, Audit and Close.

Now, my guess is that you're in purgatory. I mean, you're between the discharge and the administrative closing of the case. From experience and years on BKForum I can tell you 100% that it can mean anything from 30-90 more days until closing. And, just for fun, it can be longer if the Trustee doesn't file their final report.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

justbroke, lol, thanks.

You are correct, four weeks after my final payment I went from Active to Discharged, three days later I went from Discharged to Completed. Now less than a week later I went from Completed to "Interim, Discharge & Close". Regardless, I'm not holding my breath for the final Closed status, when it happens, it happens.
      Latent car nut.

Comment

shipo ...do you ever check pacer to see your status. NDC only reported my case as discharged then stopped giving updates. Pacer shows the official court status.
        Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

sophieanne, nope, I've never been on Pacer. Funny thing though, my NDC status has changed twice since it flipped to "Discharged"; first "Completed", and now, "Interim, Discharge & Close". If nothing has changed in a couple of weeks I may look into Pacer.
          Latent car nut.

Comment

A quick update; over the last couple of weeks my NDC status has changed yet again. The NDC site is strange, it has both a "Case Status" and an "NDC Case Status" field. The former is now showing, "Interim, Ready for Discharge" while the latter is showing "Discharged", so my "Completed" status has been removed. There is also a "Date Case Closed" field further down and it is blank. I guess it is time for me to check Pacer and see what it shows.
            Latent car nut.

Comment

@shipo...a quick log on will answer the question. You just log on and go to the home page. The status of your case will show at the top of the page. I hope you're doing well these days.
              Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Originally posted by sophieanne View Post
                @shipo...a quick log on will answer the question. You just log on and go to the home page. The status of your case will show at the top of the page. I hope you're doing well these days.
                Thanks, I hit Pacer this morning and couldn't pull anything up. Annoying.
                Latent car nut.

Comment

shipo - couldn't pull anything up..how come? What was it doing?
                  Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

When I would search for my case number it would come back with no results.
                    Latent car nut.

Comment

well that's no good..perhaps a glitch..or your not entering the complete number ? (I'm not suggesting you're not, but thinking of what could be causing the problem). Your case would've been in there for the past 5 years. Maybe try again later...
                      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Originally posted by shipo View Post
                        When I would search for my case number it would come back with no results.
                        See my response in a thread here. You are likely on the criminal side of the US District Court and not the Bankruptcy Side of the US District Court. They both use PACER (CM/ECF).

The best way to make sure you're on your Bankruptcy court's side of PACER, start from your Bankruptcy Court's Home Page and look for CM/ECF Live.

You can access the entire PACER thread here as well. https://www.bkforum.com/forum/before...cer-guide-tips
                        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I tried again today and no joy.

When I first get to the "Welcome to the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Hampshire Live Database" page from the main Pacer login screen there is a message which says, "You will NOT be able to file in NextGen until your CM/ECF account is linked to your upgraded, individual PACER account."

When I follow the instructions I am told to go to www.nhb.uscourts.gov and select "E-Filing (CM/ECF)". When I do that it loops me right back to the "Welcome to the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of New Hampshire Live Database" page. It seems I'm getting nowhere fast.

Edit: I've tried this on two different browsers and both end up on a never ending loop.
                          Latent car nut.

Comment

Interesting, they're on NextGen. I didn't know they were rolling that out or the affect of the conversion/update. Must be frustrating.

I was able to login to the NHB CM/ECF without following those directions. I just used my normal PACER (CM/ECF) username and password. Once I'm logged in it does have a message that I "will NOT be able to file in NextGen until your CM/ECF account." But I'm assuming that you're just searching and don't need to actually link your old "PACER" login to a CM/ECF login which would be capable of filing documents.

At least that's what just happened when I tried it.

Comment

According to the instructions from the NHB site, I'm supposed to relogin, however, I just end back up at the page telling me to look at the instructions. Regardless, I'm so close to the closure of my case I don't suppose it much matters whether I get into Pacer or not.
                              Latent car nut.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X