• Show
Clear All

Notice of Intent to Pay Claims

Filed: 12/20/2019
    341: 3/12/2020
    Confirmation 3/20/2020 100% plan

Today received "Notice of Intent to Pay Claims"

Total amount initially scheduled: $118,914.83

Due to several creditors not filing claims, the total amount of claims is $44,835.92

There was over $74k owed that the creditors did not file proofs of claim!!

The banks that did not file were Chase Card Services, Prosper Funding, USAA, and a hospital.

I can't believe this! I'm simply floored that these major banks did not file proper proofs of claim. I'm still waiting to hear back from my lawyer as to how to proceed, but it looks like my BK just got a lot easier to swallow.

Wow, I wonder why; JP Morgan Chase definitely filed a claim on my Chapter 13 back in 2015.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

Sometimes we get lucky...good news for you 😀Chase did not claim $20,000 that I owed in 2012...never knew why, was just happy😀
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

A lot of creditors have actually bet on the fact that many Chapter 13s do not survive. I too had about $30K in claims that were never filed and I believe that it was Bank of America and Chase.

Just make sure you have VERY good paperwork that they were properly served the notice of bankruptcy and you keep all that documentation. Don't want them to come back in the end and claim "improper" service/notice!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

USAA and hospital didn’t file claims in my Ch 13 either. I filed 6/2019. All in all I had about $20k in claims not filed - did not change my payment though! (100% plan)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X