NDC website gives me anxiety!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NDC website gives me anxiety!

Has anyone else noticed since the pandemic that the ndc takes forever to update? In the beginning my employer took my payment out of my check on Friday and by the following Wednesday it was posted on ndc. Now its still showing my last payment was on 8/18, but my employer says they send a payment every week from my check.

just frustrated because i remeber the trustee saying no matter what its your responsibility to make sure its paid. 😡😡

While NDC isn't updated, you have pay stubs (presumably) that show the money being deducted from your pay/sent to the trustee correct?

In that fashion, despite data lagging on NDC (which would annoy me as well), you should have a paper trail to show that the payments were sent in case of a question.

Or am I missing something?

Comment

No i do have all my direct deposit stubs showing the deduction every week. I just get annoyed. But even the weeks i have takin vacation and had to send in my own payment they take forever to cash it.

Comment

I would not worry about what's in the NDC. We only use it to generally know what's going on, but many Trustees actually use a different system. The other systems feed into the NDC and that feed could be instantaneous, daily, weekly, or some other periodic timeline. It may also be down at this time. I don't have any insights into the inner working of how the NDC interfaces with systems such as 13 Network or TrustWin.

I would ask the Trustee if they use 13 Network or TrustWin or something else so that you have direct information! My Trustee used TrustWin a system from SunTrust bank. I used the NDC at times as well, but TrustWin was the "direct" system used by my Trustee.

(TrustWin is also known as Trustee13.com)
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

The underlying question is when do we get into trouble for payment issues. I normally check 10 calendar days after the date I paid to see if it has posted. The trustees around here are too busy to file a trustee motion to dismiss until you are a whole two months behind. So I mostly don't pay any attention to the due date. If you want to get a mortgage during the 13, your payment record at the trustee should show all payments made by the 29th day after the due date. My lawyer does request that if you are more than a week late due to actual financial difficulties to let him know right away. As long as the paystubs or TFS Billpay receipts are available to submit to the trustee, you're fine. I would not mail a money order or check. The trustee payment is too important to leave it in the hands of the unreliable US Postal Service.

Comment

While a Chapter 13 debtor is "ultimately" responsible for payments to the Trustee, a wage deduction order (WDO) should -- and usually does -- keep the debtor from getting into trouble. That is so even if the employer pays "late" to the Chapter 13 Trustee.

If you are having specific employer issues, then please seek out your payroll or legal department and make sure that the company is submitting the payroll deduction appropriately. This is usually not an issue with major or large employers. If it's a smaller employer, it could be an issue if the employer is withholding but not submitting the funds.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by flashoflight View Post
              The underlying question is when do we get into trouble for payment issues. I normally check 10 calendar days after the date I paid to see if it has posted. The trustees around here are too busy to file a trustee motion to dismiss until you are a whole two months behind. So I mostly don't pay any attention to the due date. If you want to get a mortgage during the 13, your payment record at the trustee should show all payments made by the 29th day after the due date. My lawyer does request that if you are more than a week late due to actual financial difficulties to let him know right away. As long as the paystubs or TFS Billpay receipts are available to submit to the trustee, you're fine. I would not mail a money order or check. The trustee payment is too important to leave it in the hands of the unreliable US Postal Service.
              I am so glad I finished my Chapter 13 payments just before COVID happened and when the USPS seemed to lose their MOJO. Ironically, even though my plan specifically stated I couldn't send personal checks, I got tired of going to the post office every month, buying a money order, and then mailing it, so after a year of that nonsense, I tried sending a payment from my bank's online bill-pay facility; didn't hear any complaints, and then did that for the next four years; never once did the Trustee complain.
              Latent car nut.

Comment

Since we pay once monthly by on-line direct payment, should we be concerned now that we are only five months (5 payments) from being done presumably forever? Do we even have to check the NDC website to find out when we are entitled to our discharge and the final closing so we can sell our house and move out of Colorado? Or are we somehow notified by e-mail or mail?

Comment

The NDC is not a good source to determine the status of the case, but it is a good source to generally know what creditors have been paid. It also has good general information about the case. I don't know of anywhere one could look that would definitively instruct the debtor as to the overall status of the case. And here's the reason; some Trustees will update the NDC (or their system that feeds into the NDC) with status codes that gives you a good idea as to what is happening, while others do not. Mine was in the latter and didn't have all those mysterious letter codes.

The best way to track your case, is simply to track your own case. Use the NDC as a tool to look at checks and get a general sense of the case. The court docket is the official record of the case itself. Some Trustees use a different system to actually manage your Chapter 13 case. That's systems like TrustWin, a/k/a Trustee13, or 13 Network (another Trustee system).

Combine what with feedback from your attorney and some indications from the NDC (or Trustee-specific system), and you should be able to tell the "status" of your case.

Comment

So after doing some digging i found my trustees website and it says on it that he uses bankruptcylink.com to track everything. Half the problem solved! Except the website is not user friendly and i called them and got a voicemail box, seems like this is going to work great.

so new question? Has anyone heard/used this bankruptcylink.com?
                    Last edited by Clay3007; 09-09-2021, 05:44 AM.

Comment

I have never used that particular one. I can tell you this, other than the NDC (National Data Center) and 13 Network all of the others that I have seen are horrible. They look like they were made by a 15-year old back in 2005. Not that a 15-year old can't make a fantastic site, but it was a 15-year old in 2005.

(Most of those that used 13 Network now just use the NDC.)

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                        I have never used that particular one. I can tell you this, other than the NDC (National Data Center) and 13 Network all of the others that I have seen are horrible. They look like they were made by a 15-year old back in 2005. Not that a 15-year old can't make a fantastic site, but it was a 15-year old in 2005.

(Most of those that used 13 Network now just use the NDC.)
                        Well i managed to get ahold of some one from the site and got logged in to find the info is the same as the ndc displays. Still has not recorded a payment since 8/18. The website is not very user friendly

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X