No announcement yet.

Post Discharge, question about applying for credit union credit cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Post Discharge, question about applying for credit union credit cards

Hey everyone.
    We are 8 weeks post-discharge.
    We checked our preferred credit union for credit cards, and their info states: "The Credit Union credit cards are issued by Elan Financial Services, through a third-party service arrangement."
    We each had an Elan credit card. Elan did not file a claim on either account, so they were not included in the bankruptcy.
    I think though, they were still considered 'burned' by our bankruptcy. Is this the case, even though they did not file a claim?
    If so, we will avoid applying for a credit card with that credit union.
    We will call them today to ask questions.
    Thanks

I think in the case of Elan cards, it is whichever financial institution did the underwriting.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

Ok; thanks shipo.

Comment

I have the reverse situation. I burned US Bank/Elan. Are Elan credit unions off limits?

Comment

Originally posted by flashoflight View Post
          I have the reverse situation. I burned US Bank/Elan. Are Elan credit unions off limits?
          Good question, I don't believe I've ever seen that asked before. I suppose there is one sure way to find out.
          Latent car nut.

Comment

You don’t need credit cards, you should stay debt free. Pile up cash then you are your own credit card if there’s an emergency. You don’t need a credit rating either.

Comment

We are renting a vehicle for the final move to WA. A major credit card (even if secured) is required to pick up the vehicle in one location (CO) and drop off in another (WA). Thank you for the suggestion, but that is not the path we are going to take moving forward.

Comment

Originally posted by 5yrplan View Post
                You don’t need credit cards, you should stay debt free. Pile up cash then you are your own credit card if there’s an emergency. You don’t need a credit rating either.
                You continue giving out horrible advice; the fact is the vast majority of folks in the world do much better using credit than otherwise.
                Latent car nut.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X