Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proof of claims coming in slow

Hello,

We filed at the beginning of September and the deadline to submit claims is during the second week of November. So far only 30 percent of the unsecured creditors have filed for proof of claims. Is that normal? Do they typically wait until the last minute to submit claims?

If I recall correctly, most of the claims came in for my Chapter 13 very close to the deadline; in my case, 100% of my creditors filed claims.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

For me, all of the secured filed right away. On the unsecured side, about 30% of the creditors with about 25% of the debt never filed. Of the other unsecured, 40% filed within 30 days of my petition and the remaining 30% trickled in up to about a week before the claims bar date

Comment

Originally posted by notreallyme View Post
        For me, all of the secured filed right away. On the unsecured side, about 30% of the creditors with about 25% of the debt never filed. Of the other unsecured, 40% filed within 30 days of my petition and the remaining 30% trickled in up to about a week before the claims bar date
        Lucky you! I am hoping that not all the creditors file proof of claim. I know it is wishful thinking but one can only hope. Also, did your payment get adjusted after the claims filing dated passed? Or will you be finishing your plan before the 60 months?

Comment

Plan wasn't adjusted, so should pay off quite early. Original payments were too high - attorney had double counted some debts as they were listed differently on the three credit reports . Was even shorter but trustee just raised their fee from 6% to 8%, so a little more each month goes to trustee rather than debt. Original plan estimated 10% for them, so still better than original plan.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X