Waiting for confirmation CH13 - FL - update and two questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting for confirmation CH13 - FL - update and two questions

Hello. It's been almost 4 months since I filed, 2 1/2 since my 341 meeting, a 1 1/2 month since POC deadline and initial confirmation hearing (a FLA thing) and about 3 week since the last day for creditors to argue a discharge. It has been very quiet. No objections, no plan changes, no pacer updates, nothing. I emailed my attorney looking for an update and she said that quiet is good. So, I guess the action will begin again in January.

Q1 - I've made 3 payments since I filed. If for some reason the payment amount increases, would the trustee want a retroactive adjustment from day 1? Or do they payment only changes going forward?
    Q2 - How long did it take your plan to get confirmed in Florida?

thank you!

Hi there I'm also in Florida. Things were a little hard for me as my Trustee did come back a few times and it took me around year to get confirmed. In my case, my initial hearing and the first few months were quiet and autopilot. Then when the amended plans came my payment changed a few times. One because the trustee wanted more, then my income changed and then again because the trustee objected. When my payment changed it was not retroactive, it was from the month the payment changed and going forward. I know this process of waiting in hard, for some people they sail through with no objections and get confirmed pretty fast. My experience was not that. If it weren't for this forum I would have been lost, my attorney was less than responsive until the 11th hour on each filing and it was very frustrating. I even considered trying to change attorneys. If you read other posts others had the same experience so it's just the way it goes I guess. Ironically, more recently after I've been confirmed and had some challenges they were on it and responded right away and I was pleasantly surprised. Ask questions here and you probably will get far more solid information than from your attorney in a timely manner, this forum is invaluable. Hang in there and I wish you an easy peasy 13!

Comment

Hello Eap82. Thanks for your response! It seems that the process in Fl takes much longer than in other states. So I am just getting started then. I tend to be impatient and worry a lot. Did your confirmed payment increase a lot compared to the original payment? Do you feel the quality of life is better now than before filing?

Comment

Originally posted by Thingshappen View Post
        Hello Eap82. Thanks for your response! It seems that the process in Fl takes much longer than in other states. So I am just getting started then. I tend to be impatient and worry a lot. Did your confirmed payment increase a lot compared to the original payment? Do you feel the quality of life is better now than before filing?
        Hi. My payment fluctuated by nearly 1k but this is very dependent on your specific case. In the end I pay less than my max proposed payment was but it took a lot of back and forth with the attorneys and trustee. I have mixed feelings on my life after bankruptcy lol

Comment

I can suggest: the initial period will fluctuate, but during that period, prepare as much detail as possible, to defend your position so you don't get shorted. We worried as well, so burned that nervous energy by communicating with physicians etc in order to get letters and documents to present our case. As the classic G.I. Joe cartoons go: "Knowing is half the battle!". Retain all your records, even if in a manila folder, or a beat up old box; as long as they are together. I kept a few manila folders labeled, "BK Bullsh*t #1, BK Bullsh*t 2", etc. That approach made it very easy to distinguish these all important folders from others.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X