top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We got our discharge today wooopeeee!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We got our discharge today wooopeeee!!!!!

Wow finally we received our discharge in email today from the attorney and I printed it out and made several copies of it.
    My wife and me are so releived that this is once and all over with and we don't have to worry about it any more. It is nice to know the car is paid for and the bills are gone and we can get a fresh start.
    This was the longest 4 1/2 years of our lives. I am looking forward to getting a savings account going and to try to buy a small home again in phoenix.
    Just hang in there all you new 13 folks we are living proof that if you put your mind and heart into this you can succeed and finish the plan as we did.
    All we can say is oh what a reliefe it is..

Ron and Kathy
    Mesa, Arizona

Chapter 13 discharge!!!! Yeah!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm about to make payment 12 of 60. 20% done. Thanks for posting and reinforcing that there is light at the end of the tunnel!
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

it will end

I remember when we had the first year done and thought man oh man years to go and it does come to an end eventually. time does go by faster than you think.
      good luck in your plan and hang in there and see it threw to the end it is worth getting free again and hopefully making smart decisions to succeed in life.

Ron and Kathy

Comment

Congrats to you on completing your 13! Bravo!

Comment

Thank you it was surprise to us to get our dischage today March 8th especially when our last payments were sent out the end of Feb. We were told by our attorney that it could take months with the backlog of cases. I called the trustee office earlier to ask about if it could be sped up and they did indeed and it was much appreciated.

thanks again
          Ron and Kathy

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Well done!!
              Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Thanks everyone it sure seemed like it would never happen along the way especially years back even getting one year at a time thinking we had years to go made it seem forever but now it is done signed sealed and delivered. Now we just wait for the car title to get here about a month they said. You all can make it if we did.

thanks
                Ron and Kathy

Comment

Ron55 congrats on your completion ,i am 8 months away and cannot wait.i have a question,one of my cars is going to be paid off in June.you stated you were waiting for a title,do they wait until the end of the plan to mail it ?i was hoping i would get the title after paying the car off ,i will still have 5 months left in the plan

Comment

Congratulations!!!! And, thanks for the encouragement.

Comment

Congrats! So happy for you guys. We are 7 payments into our 60 months. Still can't see even a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel as we are not yet confirmed.

Comment

Congrats! IT must feel really great!

Like you, I am done but I have not been so fortunate to discharge quickly lol. My last payment was in January . . . Got my congrats letter from Trustee, and 6 refund checks! Yes, 6!!! It has been hell getting my work to stop the garnishment (even through a court order lol). Trustee can't close until all checks are cleared. All checks can't clear IF my work keeps sending them money. Endless cycle. Finally, my work has stopped the garnishment and all checks have been cashed. Could be any day for me now . . . but I am thinking one more week or two . . .cause I believe the Trustee is only in the office on Mondays and Tuesdsays . . sigh lol.

As for the person asking about the title of the car??? All states are different. Some allow you to have the title as soon as the car is paid (as was in my case). Other states do not allow the title to be released until after the discharge, even if it was paid off. You need to check your state.

Congrats again . . . I am right behind you. The good news for me, for now, is that myFico score is 675 which makes me very happy. Trans Vantage of 672, Trans Fico of 674 and Experian Plus (which means nothing) of 673. I do think I am gonna be ok . . .

Comment

Congrats, Ron!! Enjoy your well-earned financial freedom - you sure earned it the hard way. So glad you are finally getting your fresh, new start at long last!

Please do stop by periodically to give all of us current 13ers a sneak peek at what post-13 life is really like! Couldn't be happier for you two!

Yes, folks....it's another Chapter 13 discharge party!! Bring on the balloons and confetti!
                          I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                          06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                          07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                          10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                          01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                          09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                          06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                          08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                          Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

congrats! seems to me you need one of these guys:

just figured out how to do that... lol

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X