No announcement yet.

The First Test Of Living Without Credit Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so sorry Sammie. That's very sad. RIP, Kelsie.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Just for you Sammie and Kelsie The Rainbow Bridge Poem Hope it helps!

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
      There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
      There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
      The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Comment

Originally posted by Sammie View Post
        I am deeply saddened to tell you that we lost our beautiful girl today. She died on the table when they opened her up, she had a blood infection that spread through her body. Please say a prayer for our beloved Kelsie.

This is quite a way to go into a 341 Meeting tomorrow. Thank you. sammie
        My tears are flowing right with you

Comment

Sammie,

I'm so sorry for what's happening to your furbaby. I have 2 golden retrievers myself and they are my family. I'm going to be sending positive thoughts for you and your dog tonight and hoping that everything goes well with the surgery and with your meeting tomorrow. I grew up with a samoyed, beautiful, loving family pets.

Hopefully these are the biggest challenges you'll have to face and now it'll be a smooth transition for the prrocess ahead.

Funny after I filed a couple months I had 2 things i wanted to pull the non-existent credit card for...the brakes had to be fixed and my youngest dog had a lump under her armpit and i had to take her for testing. That was just a week ago and everything turned out fine. Looks like we have similiar things going on at the same time.

Good luck with everything and let us know how everything goes.
          Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
          Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Sammie,

My heart hurts for you, just this past Monday I had to say good bye to my 17 year old cat due to renal failure. My heart was broke, just as yours is now.
            The following day, while driving home from work I seen a deceased cat, young on the side of the road. My heart hurt even more.

Then I realized my poor kitty, just as your beloved dog had a wonderful life full of love, food, shelter and all that a dog/cat could hope for. They had all the cuddles, playing and the best of care throughout their life. I still miss my boy, he took a part of my heart with him. That being said, he had a life so many animals could only dream of. The bond we shared is just more distant, but will always be there.

Take care of you, I know you are hurting right now. I am so sorry for your loss.
            8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
            11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

Kelsie was a lucky dog to have you for her mommy, Sammie. I would be feeling fairly numb by now, if you are, maybe that will help with tomorrow. Good luck with the meetings, I have sent my prayers for little Kelsie.

Comment

Aw jeez, Sammie, so sorry to hear.
                Sending hugs and comfort.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Sammie,
                  I'm so very sorry. Those who don't have animals cannot understand the love we share with them. You are in my thoughts today. Give yourself some space and time to just grieve. As Kawh said, let the numbness be your fried today.

The Bajan
                  Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
                  Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

Sammie

I'm so sorry for the loss of your furbaby (hugs hugs hugs).

Comment

Hi Sammie,

I can't stop crying for you, your family and Kelsie. Take peace in knowing she's totally whole again and without pain.

My thoughts are with you today..good luck with your 341 hearing. Know that you have many here who understand and cae deeply about what you're going through.
                      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
                      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Awww, Sammie, I am so sorry for your family's loss.

Our furkids make such an enormous imprint on our hearts, don't they?

My prayers for you today are two-fold; to assuage your family's grief and for a successful 341 meeting.
                        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                        Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Tears are flowing in Oregon for you today Sammie. Kelsie was a very lucky girl to have had such a loving family to care for her. Your beautiful girl is running again and is waiting for you at the rainbow bridge.
                          BK7 Filed 7/10/12 • 341 8/15/12 • Discharged 10/17/12 • Closed 5/6/13 Thanks to everyone here!

Comment

Tears are flowing down my face right now for all of the beautiful responses to our Kelsie's passing. I don't know how to post a picture of her here or I would. We had 8 years of a beautiful, loving, "spoiled" relationship with our sweet "Sammie/Samoyed girl. The most gentle dog we ever had. She got me through our meeting today & I just want to thank everyone here so much. The one thing I would like to say is when we were at the Surgeon's office, he explained that he would be amputating her leg, she would be kept over night & we could pick her up this afternoon. I bent down to Kelsie's beautiful white face, placed a kiss on it & told how much we loved her & that she would be home tomorrow (today), my husband, Dr. & I saw one tear come down her face. Not 2 hrs. later, she was gone, a blood infection ran through her body and he revived her twice & then she was gone. When he called my husband to let him know he said the Dr. was totally chocked up, he insisted on bringing Kelsie home and helped to bury her in our yard. When he was leaving I asked him if he had a bill or if he was mailing it.. He looked at me and said "no, there is no bill, she is an Angel & Jesus protects us with Angels." Can you say my dh and lost it. Hugs to all of you.

This is what happened today, first of all I hope no one has to experience a life changing moment like we did before not only a 341 but also a 9:00 am mandatory Financial Meeting. I was numb and it took place an hr. away. The FM was from 9:00 to 11:00. The speaker was a former Marine and he & his wife had filed ch 13 yrs. ago. He was very professional and very funny, he put a total of 60 ppl completely at ease. He did not speak about how we got into the mess we are in, but every positive outlook for the future---77.87% of 13's fail, and he mentioned the 12 ppl that did not show up for the morning meeting that their cases were automatically dismissed until they heard from their Lawyer. Stressed 2 things, do not go pro se and do not ask the Trustee questions. (Of course when the Trustee came out he asked does any one have questions for me?) 4 idiots raised their hands. Well one guy stands up and says "my Mtge. Co. just upped my pmt. by $237 dollars", Trustee says, "well we have to discuss this with your Attorney & put your Mtge. into your pmt. plan, your pmt. now is $200 & it will rise considerably". Well, it sure did $1200.
                            All in all it was a very informative meeting. We signed papers that we were there to get credit for the course, were told that we do NOT have to attend any other meeting & then on to the 341 right in the same room. We were #48 out of 60 & 6 more cases were dismissed because of not being there. The Trustee was not happy with 1 woman and her Attorney, her husband failed to appear May 29, Jun 29, & today, he said one more time and it will be tossed out of Court. It took about 1 hr. 15 mins. to get to us, we were all Affirmed at the same time as a group. We were called, he asked us if this was our names and address, did we owe chid support, taxes & then we get the zinger (remember the post I did about 6 wks. ago that the Para Legal showed our income for the year was $1,000,000! That was sent in with a correction. The Trustee looked at it and said "I think we need to have a serious conversation" our Attorney said "every since my PL started taking Zanex these screw ups happen". They all laughed, looked at us and said, "everything is fine, your pay history is good you are free to leave". We were in front of them for 2 mins. and then out the door.

Now we start a new beginning thanks to all of you for everything. sammie ((half smile tonight I know you understand)
                            Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Comment

Sammie, the story of your vet's kindness brought tears to my eyes and now they are welling up again as I type this.

I'm glad your 341 went smoothly. At least something went right for you this week, even if it is a very small consolation after the loss of a family member.
                              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thank you LITR I am looking out the window right now at my dh who built Kelsie a regular bed to be buried in and my friend, Dr. dh and myself threw pink and white roses in her grave, she has a Chimia? that I will be putting nightly candles in and tomorrow we get the Annuals. Tears are still coming down my face, we really are in shock She was his "baby girl" & even though I have been the one with her 24/7-Daddy always won out. No one, except all of you on this forum know that we filed and for her Dr. to do this is just unbelievable to us. How do we recipicate--I can't even think now.

I guess we are now in the 90 day club, but I want to be able to help other ppl that come in through this journey. sammie
                                Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X