top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New here with a rant, and ready to file!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here with a rant, and ready to file!

Just finished all required paper work and classes today. The lawyers will review next week and we will discuss the next steps.
    I'm worried about so many things! This process is so humiliating intimidating and exhausting! Looking back we have awhole lot of nothing to show for our current situation other then junk!

Words of wisdom, anyone?! What happens next, how long til we know anything?! ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ž

We are under the Tx median for filing with a family of 4, but concerned about the "totality if circumstances" because in the short term my husband has earned extra than previously, but it's temporary. Thinking this may push us to a 13 or seen as abuse. Idk, over thinking so many things. I have a lawyer, although I don't think it was the right choice, but in my area we don't have many BK lawyers to choose from, think he is a run if the mill type... What should I look out for?!

I'm rambling and exhausted, thank you for listening! Good day everyone!

I guess you wonโ€™t know anything until the lawyer determines you have all that is necessary to (file) .
    then you will be scheduled for the 341 meeting. After that you wait 60 days ... Donโ€™t worry just go though the process.

Comment

I think you're just overthinking which happens to the best of us. Your attorney is paid to deal with these small hiccups including "temporary" income. Just provide any paperwork in a timely manner as requested. Try not to sell or do anything with property until your case is discharged/closed. Wait for your 341 Meeting and attend on time. You may then find, after the 341 Meeting, that it was really not a worry.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks. Its been three days with no sleep, and so many questions on how to list, answer, describe items accts etc.

Also, was just looking at my districts (southern districts in TX, way down south) self schedule for 341's and I see nothing but chap 13's.. Not a single 7! Is that odd? Are chap 7 not allowed or frowned upon in my area?

Comment

Chapter 7s are actually filed more than Chapter 13s. It may be how they are scheduled. Chapter 13s Standing Trustees may have a different process there.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X