Set backs !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set backs !

I got a meijer card with comenity bank just before my bk was discharged, all was going well for 5 months until citi partnered with meijer . Citi was Included in my bk and they closed my meijer account soon as they took over meijers cards. I got a letter like I was in bk , saying this is not a attempt to collect and we have closed your account . Of course I called but that went no where as they can’t understand I’m discharged. At this point I just want to pay what little I owe but they will not bill me. What a mess. Any ideals ?

Does any of it show on your Credit Report?

Another thought; given your bankruptcy has been discharged, what happens if you simply reapply for a Meijer card? Yeah, I know they'll probably issue a summary denial, but it might open up the conversation to pay the remaining balance. Assuming you aren't granted a new card, are you able to afford a Secured Credit Card from the likes of Capital One?
    Latent car nut.

Comment

I have a mission lane & ollo card with no annual fees. I don’t need credit really I just liked having the meijer and rebuilding was going well.

Comment

Have you tried asking to speak to the bankruptcy department? Seems strange they wouldn't want to work out a repayment plan with you,
        Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
        Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Send the creditor what you owe and be done with it. You don't need anyone to send you a bill. Look at your last statement then add a few bucks to cover the accrual of interest and pay it.

Edt above: I really should have stated: "Look at your last statement, subtract from it the payment you made, add to it any charges you ran up since the closing date of the statement - then add a few bucks to cover the accrual of interest and pay it."

Why the creditor is not asking for payment of post petition charges at this time is anyone's guess. If you incurred the charges after you filed you owe it and if you don't pay it now, two years from now someone will realize you owe it and you will get a demand for payment totaling a lot more than you currently owe.

Des.
          Last edited by despritfreya; 05-07-2020, 05:23 PM. Reason: add comment to make it more complete

Comment

Thanks Des.. I’ll do just that! It’s not due , it’s not late so I can take care of the bill and move on.

Comment

Update.. paid off the card. It appears it’s been reinstated.. very odd. No complaints here though!

Comment

Originally posted by Layla55 View Post
                Update.. paid off the card. It appears it’s been reinstated.. very odd. No complaints here though!
                This is both interesting and great news.
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

All’s well that ends well.
                  Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
                  Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X