Am I the only one with horrible anxiety? r/o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tinfoilhat View Post
    Oh yea, the weening off process is worse than what you're going through without it

Taking it destroys your sex drive, kills memory, etc, etc, etc. It's great at first though. But at one point your safety net is going to fail and your going to be in the worst place when it does.
    What I mean buy that is you took your .25 like always but your body says it's learned to fight it off so you feel anxious even though you took your dose. What the answer? Up the dose, then bam your good, this stuff is great. But then it tapers off and your .5 does nothing, next step is 1mg.

And all the while you feel like it has no bad effects on you, but people notice it trust me.

Anyone start taking it and can sleep better at night? Thats a side effect in case you don't know. Sure it is prescribed for sleep disorders (or was)

Xanax is like the credit card of prescription drugs.

Here, watch this video of one of the neighbors who liked to take xanax for fun. She went from wide awake to this, to drooling, to out, I later found out it was from taking a 2mg dose. I have it all on video (just not uploaded) How did this start? Stress, a prescription, the thought of "oh wow this stuff is great" Want this to be you? Oh you can handle it though right, maybe, maybe not. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgTXgC1VQ4o
    I know all this. I used to work for a doctor who prescribed Xanax, pain pills and sleeping pills to every patient rather they needed it or not which is why I'm scared to take them.
    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by aces67 View Post
      I know all this. I used to work for a doctor who prescribed Xanax, pain pills and sleeping pills to every patient rather they needed it or not which is why I'm scared to take them.
      That would be good to know in the first post. Then again you're not the only one in this thread considering taking the drug.

PS you don't have to post everything you already know after someone has typed up a lengthy reply. Sorry for the free advice.

Comment

Destroys your sex drive..... DANG.... scrap THAT then....

On depression meds AND no sex? BAD combination in my opinion! LOL!
        341 September 2, 2009 (5 minutes)
        Last day to object: November 2, 2009
        Discharged: November 3, 2009
        Closed: December 2, 2009! I'm done!!!!

Comment

Dealing with severe stress and anxiety is horrible. It is also not necessary, because if your doctor prescribed the xanax for you, you should take it.

I started laughing when I read this, because not 30 seconds before reading this thread, I took a .25 xanax myself.

Don't think you'll get addicted because I have been taking this same dosage as needed for 8 years. I only take it when my anxiety is severe, maybe twice a week, and I have never increased the dosage over the 8 year period.

Do what you need to do to get through this. You have two little ones depending on you, and there is no need to go through life stressed out to the point that you make yourself sick. If you are using this under a doctor's care, then don't be afraid to take it.

Break the .25 in half and try that first. That's what I do. Most of the time half of one works for me, even after all this time.

Comment

Thanks for that. It just scares me a lot. The patients that use to come in where I worked at would be completely out of it stumbling and slurring their words.

Yesterday I got some semi good news from my lawyer and even though it's not final my mood has improved dramatically.

The UST now sees that we don't make as much money as he thought. He says once he gets dh's checkstub for the end of this month then he may withdraw his presumption of abuse. Our lawyer gave him new I and J's that show dh only makes $4700 a month and only brings home $3599 of that. After expenses we only have $15 leftover every month.

B/c of an error my lawyer made the UST filed a presumption b/c he THOUGHT we were grossing $6300 a month every month and had the means but just didn't want to pay our bills.

I think if it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all.
            4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
            5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
            7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
            7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Yuck yuck and yuck I know that feeling you are talking about, as many other do as well

I don't know how i have managed honestly i think as cliche' as it is to say..
              Is it what it is

when I realized several months ago (almost a year.. wow) that BK was what I must do
              I thought it was a tragedy I went through anger/sadness/guilt (major) then I said "self
              this is not a tragedy..something bad to your family is a tragedy..this is a bad situation that i could give excuses for in a hundred different ways but it doesn't matter now.."
              I need to get through this one and learn from it

I would not dare say I am "over it" but I am coming to terms with the decision
              I do worry about the 341/discharge and all the possible things that can occur but i guess i have resolved to say that i will "meet that bridge when i get to it" for now i am filed and waiting..

..............sigh...............

everything (at this point) is not in your control.....response only at this point

I a not sure why th universe would like me/us to have this experience but I guess i will have faith in that there must be a reason...lesson (?)

Comment

Originally posted by aces67 View Post
                Yesterday I got some semi good news from my lawyer and even though it's not final my mood has improved dramatically.
                Going by those words I believe you can go on without drugs.
                Normal people have ups and downs, we don't need drugs for all the downs unless your stuck there. Hope you know what I mean by that.

Comment

I know it doesn't help much but what will worrying about it going to do to help solve the problem?

And the absolute best help for worry is EXERCISE - you will be amazed. - jb
                  jb - A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes.
                  Filed - 2/27/09
                  341 - 4/3/09
                  Discharged - 6/20/2009

Comment

Originally posted by jeb View Post
                    I know it doesn't help much but what will worrying about it going to do to help solve the problem?

And the absolute best help for worry is EXERCISE - you will be amazed. - jb
                    The problem is you don't make a conscious decision to worry about something. It happens naturally.

You can make the decision to do things to keep your mind off of it, such as exercise.

Personally I think people going through a typically stressful time in life should exercise, and do things to prevent stress even if it hasn't effected them yet.

Many people are getting into situations here that are long lasting and will take it's toll on a person. These people should get a head start in the anxiety battle (NATURALLY) before it gets ahold of them.

Comment

Originally posted by fyi2 View Post
                      Yuck yuck and yuck I know that feeling you are talking about, as many other do as well

I don't know how i have managed honestly i think as cliche' as it is to say..
                      Is it what it is

when I realized several months ago (almost a year.. wow) that BK was what I must do
                      I thought it was a tragedy I went through anger/sadness/guilt (major) then I said "self
                      this is not a tragedy..something bad to your family is a tragedy..this is a bad situation that i could give excuses for in a hundred different ways but it doesn't matter now.."
                      I need to get through this one and learn from it

I would not dare say I am "over it" but I am coming to terms with the decision
                      I do worry about the 341/discharge and all the possible things that can occur but i guess i have resolved to say that i will "meet that bridge when i get to it" for now i am filed and waiting..

..............sigh...............

everything (at this point) is not in your control.....response only at this point

I a not sure why th universe would like me/us to have this experience but I guess i will have faith in that there must be a reason...lesson (?)
                      Fyi:

I felt the same way when told last Sept. by a non-profit debt management co. they could not help us...we needed to see a Bankruptcy Attorney. Met with him late last Sept.

Yes, I went through all the sadness/anger/guilt etc. Realized in December, hey..... we paid an Attorney to take our Case & will be filing in 9/09 and as long as I give him the required information... from date of filing until discharged, it's out of our hands. I feel very confident in our Attorney.

We (Dh & I) have experienced so many trials & tribulations in the past 4 years; but our Faith remains Strong. Our Attorney has reassured us waiting until 9/09 to file our case will be simple. He went on to say I've provided detailed accounting of all monies spent. At 341 we will answer yes or no. Trustee requests additional information, he will provide it.

Worried or Concerned? No! I've spent days and days reading the Stickies & posts found on this forum and asked questions. I've, also, know Everything in regards to Bankruptcy is not 'written in stone'. Trustees allow a Student/Parentplus Loan as an expense in our District. As TeacherMomma stated in her thread of her 341, the UST would Not allow such as a monthly expense.

Luci

Comment

Everyone has stress but not everyone can deal with it as well as others. Some have more stress than others. I personally have an anxiety disorder and I have recently had to admit it to myself. I was able to control it until we bought a house 2 years ago. I started to worry about things breaking and not having money. I worried that we would never be able to get furniture to fill it. I worried that something would happen to me and my wife would be stuck with the mortgage. I worried that I would lose my job and not be able to pay and we would end up the street. My job did end but I was able to shift to another dept but now I work for a former boss that I did not get along with. Then my wife got pregnant last year and I worried about the million things that can go wrong with that. I discovered we didn't have money for daycare so we had to refi and my wife was resistant but the truth won out. Then I worried about if my son was being taken care of properly there and I had reason to believe he wasn't so we took him out and found an in home sitter. Then I worried that noone would know if she hit him or something and he developed this strange fungal rash that would go away on the weekends and come back when he was at her house all week.

Meanwhile my wife was pregnant again and I had to figure out a way to pay for two kids daycare and worry about all the million things that could go wrong with the pregnancy in the meantime. The solution was for my wife to go part time and work evenings and weekends. It was only 20 hours a week so that cut her salary in half. we were both making about 40k so that was 25% of our salary all together. This caused us to slip further and further behind on the mortgage and we knew that when she was on maternity leave she would not get paid so we had that looming over us. We were two months behind on the mortgage and we had to use our tax return to buy more baby furniture and other baby stuff. We used the rest to stock up on some food and to pay the mortgage and some other bills. Meanwhile we noticed that my son's pupils were different sizes. He was diagnosed with Horner's syndrome which could be caused by a tumor or he could just have been born with it. So we had to get an MRI done. Thank God it was not a tumor. We started to slip again. We were two months behind and we got a notice that we were in default and so my wife took out 3k from her 401k and caught us up but we knew that we were going to start slipping again because the maternity leave was just a month away. One day I woke up with chest pain and it would not go away. I had had it several times before but it passed. This time it persisted and my heart was racing and I felt like I was going to die. I had a feeling of impending doom. It was an anxiety attack and they have come more and more frequently since then. I was at the point where I could not take it anymore and I could not handle the stress so I had to convince my wife it was time to file.

She finally agreed to go see a lawyer and he talked us into walking away from the house and filing chapter 7. That decision alone was a great relief for me and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. In the meantime I need to take some medicine so that I can stop having panic attacks that make me feel like I am having a heart attack. I like not feeling impending doom constantly. I am less likely to snap at my wife and I am worrying much less. I don't feel like my stomach is in knots constantly anymore. The drugs handle the symptoms while I handle the problems that cause the symptoms. I am not going to stay on the drugs a second longer than I have to because I do not want artificial happiness. I just need them to get through a tough time.

Maybe everyone worries about these things and has these feelings, I can't say. There are a lot of people out there that have it far, far worse than me and I am not looking for pity. I have a lot of blessings in my life. I try to focus on those things and move forward towards the solutions to our problems. In the mean time I just need a little help.

Comment

Originally posted by Kpower View Post
                          Maybe everyone worries about these things and has these feelings, I can't say. There are a lot of people out there that have it far, far worse than me and I am not looking for pity. I have a lot of blessings in my life. I try to focus on those things and move forward towards the solutions to our problems. In the mean time I just need a little help.

Yes, exactly. You just don't know what the straw that breaks the back is going to be. It can be the littlest thing, but you can only take so much stress before you break. I think that there is no reason for any person to suffer with that level of stress and anxiety when there are things your doctor can prescribe to do exactly what you said, give you a little help until you can work out the solutions to the problems that are making you that way.

Until someone has actually had a panic attack, they can't understand how bad it can be for someone with anxiety/panic disorder. I've been there, I know how you feel! Just keep looking ahead, things will be better!

Comment

I too am having a very difficult time with the stress...I need to keep myself under control as if I lose my job over not being able to perform I will be letting my family down even more than I feel I already have. I previoulsy took Zoloft for depression and anxiety and was weaned off with no problems, however, recently when problems with the the BK and very unresponsive attoryned started to blow up I felt like I was just a bundle of nerves, no sleeping constant knots in the stomach, wondering how we will get thorugh this. I saw my physician and she started me back on the Zoloft, but prescribed Xanax to ease symptoms until the Zoloft starts to work (takes about 4 weeks). I only take 25 mg and it just takes the edge off, I can at least sleep until about 4am and I am able to function fine at work. Take what you need to get through this.

Comment

Originally posted by timeouts1 View Post
                              prescribed Xanax to ease symptoms I only take 25 mg.
                              Theres an idea, take 25 mg xanax after your 341, 3 months later when you wake up it'll all be over and you'll be debt free I guess you meant .25 mg

Comment

I wouldn't start with the xanax. Anxiety is a natural response to stress unfortunately. Exercise of any kind will be helpful and keep the kids busy too. When you start stressing take the kids out for a long brisk walk. It will be great for all of you. I won't preach about xanax, there are just too many reasons not to take it. Do you have one person you can confide in, even if you don't give all the details? You need to have someone watching out for you, because if you do go over the edge you may not realize it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X