This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dingdong View Post
    Hopefully you can sock away what you were paying on those cards and build a little nest egg.
    Yep... that nest egg will be a new car to replace the ones they are going to eventually take from us. I'll have to wait and see if GMAC comes back with an offer for us to pay a low amount to call it fair and square. Like I said in another post, I don't want to pay $600 to some attorney to pay to redeem a car that needs new shocks, has almost 77,000 miles and needs the windshield replaced because of a big crack in it. So I could easily dump $800-900 into this car to keep it up to date. Not including all of the holes in various places for the aftermarket speakers that were installed.

Comment

It doesn't matter even if you have a zero balance. We owed nothing on our Mobil and 76 gas cards, and within 2 weeks, they were closed. They are owned by Citibank, so that was it.

Also, as for your attorney filing everything electronically, all Federal Courts have a requirement that everything be "e-filed". So every attorney is e-filing now. In L.A., the attorneys (not the secretaries) have to take a 2 hour course on line.
      Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
      341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
      Discharged: 11/30/2009
      Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Originally posted by 2manybills View Post
        Also, as for your attorney filing everything electronically, all Federal Courts have a requirement that everything be "e-filed". So every attorney is e-filing now. In L.A., the attorneys (not the secretaries) have to take a 2 hour course on line.
        Then why did my previous attorney tell me that it would take her almost 60 days to file my case from the time I paid her off?

The new attorney I went to was SWAMPED with people. WAY MORE than the previous attorney and he was able to get me done in record time.

I guess we'll just have to wait for the outcome now. Everything can appear to look good on the outside, then I will have bad luck like many people here and the UST can be nasty.

Comment

The second B of A confirmed that I was filing, they even closed my spouse's accounts and she is not even filing.
          My comments are solely based on my opinion. The information and links that I have
          posted are provided solely for informational purposes, and do not constitute legal advice

Comment

Just because he is behind doesn't mean he was not going to file it electronically. They just may be behind in completing all of the documents. They still have to complete all of the documents and then upload them on to the Court's ECF filing.

The only difference really is that in the "old days" when you filed directly with the court, you would send a runner to the courthouse to file documents. But now you upload and efile, but the documents still have to be filled out.

Comment

Originally posted by shabam View Post
              The second B of A confirmed that I was filing, they even closed my spouse's accounts and she is not even filing.
              Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?!??!?!

MAN! Sneaky bastards, aren't they? Was your spouse fuming mad or did not car? Was this anticipated by you or your spouse?

Comment

The only difference really is that in the "old days" when you filed directly with the court, you would send a runner to the courthouse to file documents. But now you upload and efile, but the documents still have to be filled out.
                Why didn't they do this right after the Internet came out? Why did they wait so long to do this?

Comment

Because it is the court system -- need I say more!

Actually, the Federal website, at least in Cali. is even better than most of the State courts. You can get more info. The State courts are arguing over which way they want it done, so not one County is the same. Unless the Fed is all uniform as far as filing goes.

Comment

Unless the Fed is all uniform as far as filing goes.
                    The Feds are uniform. The same system that handles Bankruptcy, handles the U.S. District Court (Federal Court at the United States Courthouse). I made several newbie PACER mistakes by signing on my local FEDERAL COURT (U.S. District Court) PACER/ECF system and running query after query and wondering why I wasn't finding any Bankruptcy cases. LOL I did find lost of drug related cases.
                    Last edited by justbroke; 08-10-2009, 03:01 PM.
                    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Oops. Meant to say "at least" instead of "unless"!

Comment

You'll do fine. Just remember, you have no debt. Even if you have to scrape by for a bit, you'll come out ahead. No more monthly CC payments.

I filed last Thursday and all of my credit cards have disappeared except for two (US Bank and Discover). I imagine it's only a matter of a few more days, however. Time to learn to live without the CRACK (credit card). It really is like breaking an addiction.
                        Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
                        341 Meeting 09/09/09
                        Discharged 11/12/09
                        Closed 12/14/09

Comment

Yeah, just keep calling the automated #'s for US Bank and Discover and when they stop allowing you access to hear the balance, you know they shut you down. That's how I found out with Shell. Then I called customer service and go bounced around until I hit the right department for them to drop the knowledge on me.

Comment

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
                            But that sucks!!!! Then you have ZERO CREDIT! I was hoping to just keep the couple cards we have an use them for small emergencies. Now when my checking account runs completely dry, then we can't even put gas in the car. My checking account is now currently in the low double-digits and I don't get paid until August 17th. I have no way to make it until then on the amount in the bank. We have to put gas in the cars every few days and will need money to buy food. These are total necessities. It will be several months until I can start having a buffer once I get accustomed to not paying creditors for the next few months. In the mean time, my previous income was all used for car payments and paying my attorney fees.
                            I like your posts Debtmonster and not tying to be judgemental but what the heck did you think would happen when you filed BK? Did you really think you would still be able to have a couple cards to use to tide you over?

Comment

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
                              Because I did not default on them.
                              Check the fine print in you card agreements. You are in default if you file for bankruptcy. It's in every single card agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by pookieny View Post
                                I like your posts Debtmonster and not tying to be judgemental but what the heck did you think would happen when you filed BK? Did you really think you would still be able to have a couple cards to use to tide you over?
                                I thought they would only turn off the cards you defaulted on and keep the ones that were current going. I know I'm not the only one who thinks there.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X