Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope. I had a best buy card and a few other little store cards with zero balances that I didn't even list in the petition. Closed. Oh well, it's what I expected.
    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Oh well. Now we just wait for the 341 next. I hope I can take pictures, but I am seriously doubting it. This building is huge and I know they don't allow any electronics in. I think I've been in this building before and they make it like an airport. We'll see. If I can bring my iPhone in, I'll snap a pic and post it. If not, oh well.

Comment

Ok no offense, but why in the world do you want a pic of the building?
        Filed 5/29/09
        Discharged 9/14/09

Comment

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
          But that sucks!!!! Then you have ZERO CREDIT! I was hoping to just keep the couple cards we have an use them for small emergencies. Now when my checking account runs completely dry, then we can't even put gas in the car. My checking account is now currently in the low double-digits and I don't get paid until August 17th. I have no way to make it until then on the amount in the bank. We have to put gas in the cars every few days and will need money to buy food. These are total necessities. It will be several months until I can start having a buffer once I get accustomed to not paying creditors for the next few months. In the mean time, my previous income was all used for car payments and paying my attorney fees.
          But you haven't been paying your credit card bills, mortgage, or car payments since January and you still had to use your card to get by.

Comment

Debtmonster:

I guess, then you didn't know it's a No-No to use Credit Cards after filing Bankruptcy. Instead of all these nonsense posts, you should have been reading how Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Works. It might behoove you to at least read about how the 341 hearing works before your scheduled date.

I'm like hereforinfo: You haven't paid CCs, Mortgage payments or Credit Card bills since January. What are you doing with all that money you are making on that MLM?

At least I've been able to make the mortgage payment, Dh's truck payment, utilities and paid $6,000 worth of medical & prescription bills since January and be under the State's Median Income by about $5,000.

Luci

Comment

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
              Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!?!??!?!

MAN! Sneaky bastards, aren't they? Was your spouse fuming mad or did not car? Was this anticipated by you or your spouse?
              She was mad that they were discussing her accounts with me, even though I had not brought them up. It was almost as if they were oh shit you're filing, so lets close your wife's accounts too. Within a few hours all of her accounts were closed. She got in contact with them and they gave her the standard response of due to a credit review bla ba bla.

I am glad. I've had it up to my neck with dirty dodgy tactics by cc companies.
              My comments are solely based on my opinion. The information and links that I have
              posted are provided solely for informational purposes, and do not constitute legal advice

Comment

Originally posted by mamaluv View Post
                Ok no offense, but why in the world do you want a pic of the building?
                I want a pic of a 341 meeting in progress so I can post it here. This forum lacks photos.

Comment

I agree. Sounds silly but I'd love to have some audio/visual context to place this all into. After all, these are all public meetings, are they not?
                  Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
                  341 Meeting 09/09/09
                  Discharged 11/12/09
                  Closed 12/14/09

Comment

I couldn't bring my cell phone into the federal BK building when I filed my petition. I had to stash it under a bush in the front of the building or walk it all the way back to the car. I stashed it.

I doubt they will let you take pics at the 341, for privacy issues.

They didn't check us for phones at the 341 though, so who knows?

Comment

The building my 341 was held in was not secure nor did they check bags or anything. I brought my cell phone in with me but I had to turn it off.
                      BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                      Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
                        The building my 341 was held in was not secure nor did they check bags or anything. I brought my cell phone in with me but I had to turn it off.
                        Mine, too. It wasn't even in a courthouse. I'd love to see pics in the forum.
                        filed chapter 7 BK 4/27/09
                        341 meeting 6/4/09
                        DISCHARGED!!! 8/5/09

Comment

Originally posted by killinstinct View Post
                          I agree. Sounds silly but I'd love to have some audio/visual context to place this all into. After all, these are all public meetings, are they not?
                          To capture photos/videos and then publish them on the web legally requires everyone seen in the 341 (including the trustee and court employees) to sign a release. A 341 meeting is not a public place where you expect to be photographed or videotaped. This is why a judge has to grant permission to film and release court proceedings of high-profile cases to the media (think OJ).

What are the chances that even if DebtMonster can get a phone or camera into the courthouse that he can also get his trustee and their staff plus the other folks at his 341 session to sign releases to be photographed/videotaped when they all know it's going to be released on the web where it might be seen by family and friends? Probably about the same as a meteor hitting his house in the next hour
                          I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                          06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                          07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                          10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                          01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                          09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                          06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                          08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                          Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
                            What are the chances that even if DebtMonster can get a phone or camera into the courthouse that he can also get his trustee and their staff plus the other folks at his 341 session to sign releases to be photographed/videotaped when they all know it's going to be released on the web where it might be seen by family and friends? Probably about the same as a meteor hitting his house in the next hour
                            Not if you blur out their faces.

Example

My paralegal told me that people bring phones in.

People and new put pictures of what goes in court rooms on the web and on TV ALL THE TIME and nobody signs anything.

Show me a law in writing stating that you need signatures.

If you're making a movie and gaining profit, then signatures are required.

Comment

I could get one of those sketch artists to draw a picture of it from my memory if you'd like... lol.

And the cases you see on the TV and web are "open" court rooms where they specifically mention that the footage in the court room will be video taped and if anyone has a problem with it, they should not go in. They also sometimes "seal" courtrooms that had previously been "open" and disallow footage to be taped during those times.

And just like you are not allowed to distribute or copy other people's photographs that are copywritten... the odds are that that "example" you gave of people's faces blurred out were because they objected or needed to keep their identities private. When you see cop shows on TV, they usually blurr out the "victims" or "criminals" faces to protect their identities or if they did not give permission for them to publically broadcast.

If you go into any court house or official gov't type trial buildings, you are not allowed to bring in any recording device. Just in the little court house where I got my marriage license at in a small town in Virginia required me to lock my phone in a locker before I went in.
                              Last edited by Amy26; 08-11-2009, 06:50 AM.
                              BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                              Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Those cop shows are for profit as entertainment. You are seeming to forget that.

Just show me the laws in writing for all of this. So far I haven't seen any proof. Just hearsay.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X