PI's Outside - Time to File?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
    This is a perfectly acceptable thing to do. I don't suggest confronting people as I did... but I do have a permit to carry... so...
    exactly. i don't think it would be wise to confront, or even ask. let the police do their job instead.

Comment

Originally posted by ApresMoi View Post
      exactly. i don't think it would be wise to confront, or even ask. let the police do their job instead.
      Does this mean no sequel to this drama? It was just getting good, darn it.

I would probably make sure there was at least one witness in the area, but I would definitely go out there and ask them what the heck they are doing. I have a dog that is bigger than I am. I might go under the pretense of taking her for a walk. I would probably take my camera and get some good shots of the driver and the car and the license plate on my way over to chat. I love the sandwich offer. I use spinach instead of lettuce and that is usually enough to scare a lot of people off.

Comment

Originally posted by ApresMoi View Post
        But is it the job of the police to keep private dicks off your tail? Heck for all I know they are probably off-duty coppers just trying to make a few extra bucks to feed their kids.
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Yeah they would probably say... oh... isn't that Buddy...? Yeah... you go grab coffee, we'll pick up some donuts on the way over to see him.

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
            I would probably make sure there was at least one witness in the area, but I would definitely go out there and ask them what the heck they are doing.
            I took several pictures of the vehicle from inside and outside my home. Showing the position of the vehicle and the various times it was there. I also repositioned one of my security cameras to cover that area. I didn't think they were there for me, but they were definitely stalking someone, so I wanted to document it. We even sent someone to record the license plate as well by hand.

As I wrote, turned out to be a licensed PI on the job.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

We don't need no steenkin PI's in my neighborhood. The place is overrun with nosy old biddies who are all up in everybody's business anyway. All you have to do is ask anybody, and they'll tell you for the privilege of listening to themselves talk. I love to spread false rumors about what is going on in MY life. Eventually it gets back to me in all it's exaggerated glory. With entertainment like that, who needs t.v.?

Comment

Upon the distractions, no one answered your question about notifying creditors of your intent to file. No don't do that, yes some will take action sooner. Nothing good will come out of telling them and any and all info they get will be to one end, get you to pay or collect. And remember, just because you are paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you lol
                Filed CH7 Feb 12 2010
                341 March 18
                Discharged...May 18
                Awaiting closing...

Comment

Originally posted by Dannmcg357 View Post
                  Upon the distractions, no one answered your question about notifying creditors of your intent to file. No don't do that, yes some will take action sooner. Nothing good will come out of telling them and any and all info they get will be to one end, get you to pay or collect. And remember, just because you are paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you lol
                  I could have swore we told her that already. Maybe somewhere else. Sorry ApresMoi if we overlooked that. No do NOT ever tell your creditors your intentions to file. Ever.

Comment

If it was said, I apologize. This is by far the most interesting and enternaing thread ever!
                    Filed CH7 Feb 12 2010
                    341 March 18
                    Discharged...May 18
                    Awaiting closing...

Comment

If it was said, I apologize. This is by far the most interesting and enternaing thread ever!
                      TigerGem and Dannmcg357. Thank you both! I almost picked up the phone to call them and tell them today (just wanted to get it over with), and glad I didn't. No, I don't think I was told not to tell the creditors (specifically). The answer I got (forget who said it) was more mixed than that. I think we concluded it wasn't necessary. But what I was after was whether I would do harm by informing them. Sounds like I could. I'm not telling them. They will find out when I file.

Comment

Thanks, thanks, thanks. It's not my imagination. There was definitely something up. Whether it was me (as opposed to a neighbor) they were checking out I am not so sure about. Though at least a few of those times it SURE did seem that they were (specifically) checking me out.

Comment

Originally posted by tigergem View Post
                          We don't need no steenkin PI's in my neighborhood. The place is overrun with nosy old biddies who are all up in everybody's business anyway. All you have to do is ask anybody, and they'll tell you for the privilege of listening to themselves talk. I love to spread false rumors about what is going on in MY life. Eventually it gets back to me in all it's exaggerated glory. With entertainment like that, who needs t.v.?
                          Tell me about it. The building managers are the worst! It took me awhile to catch on to their game, and once I realized? Gone. I share nothing with any of them any longer. Why feed their rumor mill.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                            But is it the job of the police to keep private dicks off your tail? Heck for all I know they are probably off-duty coppers just trying to make a few extra bucks to feed their kids.
                            Yes, it is their job to check out people sitting in cars in neighborhoods for extended periods who may be up to no good. If they're legitimate PIs, then the police may know them (and not ask them to leave). Residents here are supposed to report suspicious activity. We're asked to, by the police.

Years ago, I was burgled, and that is exactly how someone did it. They cased my house from their car, which they parked in a lot across the street, and once they had my routine down, they knew when it was safe to go in and steal. Also, never post any ads on bulletin boards in grocery stores or other public areas and let complete strangers into your home. Which is what I did. He rang me up, came out to see a TV I had for sale, got a good look at my personal possessions and came back a week later (after parking across the street and watching my routine). I know, because my neighbor described the guy and the car into which he was loading up my stuff. He had very distinctive features. It was him alright.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                              I took several pictures of the vehicle from inside and outside my home. Showing the position of the vehicle and the various times it was there. I also repositioned one of my security cameras to cover that area. I didn't think they were there for me, but they were definitely stalking someone, so I wanted to document it. We even sent someone to record the license plate as well by hand.

As I wrote, turned out to be a licensed PI on the job.
                              Good for you. I might do just that.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X