Exemptions remain the same

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exemptions remain the same

I need to verify where I read it but I believe that I read that if you have one set of exemptions in a 13 and then convert to 7, that your exemptions stay the same.

In my case, my 13 was dismissed early this year and I'm refiling for 7. I am not converting. I am also in another state.

My intention has been to maintain the same figures for everything as much as possible because I expect the trustee to review my Chapter 13 paperwork. For that reason, my intention has been to doublecheck that the exemptions I took in another state for my Chapter 13 are valid in my current state for the Chapter 7.

Question: Does that make sense? I have been in my new state for less than two years, after the original Chapter 13 paperwork was filed, btw.

Also, if that makes sense, I'm not quite sure what to do about a few things that I see in the original Chapter 13 paperwork that seem to vary from how I'd have filled it out on my own. Yes, I did sign the paperwork at the time but figured they knew what they were doing. Like, there's nothing listed for any computer equipment whatsoever so unless it's lumped into furniture and furnishings, it looks like they just omitted it. Same for my camera. There are no amounts for these things. No idea why they were not itemized and, frankly, I'm afraid to muddy the issue by adding new line items in the later paperwork for the Chapter 7 and trying the exempt them when they weren't there in the original Chapter 13 paperwork.

Thanks for your thoughts.
    11/2008 - Filed Chapter 13
    02/2010 - Chapter 13 dismissed
    08/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 pro se in new district
    09/2010 - Chapter 7 341

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X