Filed today and I'm nervous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed today and I'm nervous

Filing pro se and of course worried I screwed something up.

I was waiting for some tax debt to move from priority to non-priority. But I'm in a time crunch as I have doctor's appointments away from home in 5 weeks, i.e., within the 20-40 day window.

I really, really hope I get a 341 date on Dec 3 or sooner.

AHHHH--I want to throw up.
    Filed Ch 7 pro se Oct 2010 . Filed student loan AP pro se Feb 2011 . Discharged Feb 2011 . AP trial 1/10/2012 . $28K in student loans dismissed Jan 2012 . ECMC appealed. Appeal hearing 7/2012. Original judgment upheld 9/2012.

Everything will be fine! We are all here for you! I have yet to file, can't for a few months, and I know exactly what you mean when you say you wish to throw up. I've been there, am there, and I'm sure will be there. It comes and goes, but you have just taken a giant step in the right direction, and I can only hope to make it as far as you have.

You'll be fine and everything will go great for you. Keep us all posted!
    Decided on Chapter 7: October 13, 2010; Retained Attorney: October 20, 2010; Filed Chapter 7: February 4, 2011; 341 Meeting: March 23, 2011; Discharged: May 24, 2011

Comment

Screw-ups abound, but you come across as capable and thorough. I agree with pikaroth, you're going to do just fine.
      Last edited by debee; 10-30-2010, 01:46 AM. Reason: It's 3am!!
      There are two secrets for success in life:
      1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Congrats on filing! It's normal to be nervous. I also filed pro se and I go from nervous to elated and back again. I am still in the process and am waiting on my 341. Please keep us updated. I will do the same. Sharing with people in the same situation helps to get you through. You'll be fine. Relax.
        Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

Aw don't throw up. It's a mess to clean up. Then you get to throw up cleaning it up.

I admire anyone sharp enough to pro se. You will be alright. The worse they can do to you is capital punishment and the death sentence.

Now if you believe that, you will believe that you will not be discharged, and we here all know you will be with little or no problems. You have a VERY big rooting gallery for you and we love you in God and pray for good things to happen. Also within your medical challenge as well. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Hello wipetheslate,

May your 341 land on Dec 3, go smooth as a breeze, and your doctors have good news !!

Tom in Colo
            Ch7 filed 5/12/2010.....341 meeting 6/30/2010....report of no distribution 8/15/2010.....discharged 10/01/2010.....closed 11/09/2010

Comment

wipetheslate...congrats on your filing. i admire those that go pro se and am certain you will do just great with it!
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Thanks, folks. It was easy to be rational and think "I can do it" when it came to the abstract. Actually filing got me a little emotional.
                Filed Ch 7 pro se Oct 2010 . Filed student loan AP pro se Feb 2011 . Discharged Feb 2011 . AP trial 1/10/2012 . $28K in student loans dismissed Jan 2012 . ECMC appealed. Appeal hearing 7/2012. Original judgment upheld 9/2012.

Comment

Originally posted by wipetheslate View Post
                  Thanks, folks. It was easy to be rational and think "I can do it" when it came to the abstract. Actually filing got me a little emotional.
                  i'm sure it did...it's enough stress when you have an atty...no less you brave souls that go it alone...personally i'm NOT that brave...LOL!!!!
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Aloha wipetheslate,

Congrats on your filing and always keep your head up and "hang loose"!

IBroke - a former Ewa Beach resident.
                    Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
                    FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
                    FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Well, now I want to cry. 341 is scheduled for DECEMBER 6!!!!! when I have doctor's appointments on the mainland. $%^#!!! $%^#!!! $%^#!!!

I wanted to get this over with. I gambled and lost.

I now need an appointment after January 15. I called and left a phone message with the trustee but haven't heard back.

What can I do if the trustee isn't flexible? Can I withdraw my case and file later?

Comment

Can you reschedule the Drs appointment?
                        "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post
                          Can you reschedule the Drs appointment?
                          Absolutely not. It's already been re-scheduled once because of the doctor's change in schedule, and it took over a week for them to get my MRI appointment rescheduled. The appointment was originally scheduled for the week later. Re-scheduling would put me well into January, which I don't want to do because of the type of cancer I have.

Also, it would cost me lots of money to change my plane ticket. Money I absolutely do not have.

I feel like I'm receiving karmic retribution for who knows what. The date is so close to being fine, yet so far.

Comment

I can't offer any advice as such on this, but I can and will say a prayer that the trustee will be very understanding of your situation and reschedule your 341 after January 15.
                            Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Fingers crossed the trustee will let you reschedule your 341.

Good Luck to you!
                              "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X