top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8 years from last filing or discharge, the exact date??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8 years from last filing or discharge, the exact date??

So I understand it has to be 8 years before one can file a 2nd chapter 7. Is it 8 years from the date I filed last time? Or the complete discharge date??

You go by the filing date.

Des.

Comment

I am having a hard time determining that. June 28, 2013 I have certificate of counseling. Aug 13, 2013 certificate of debtor education, Final decree April 25, 2014, Waiver of filing fee granted on July 30, 2013. "Case no 4-13-0xxxx". I am so confused

Comment

It's the date that you filed the prior case. The date on which your petition was filed with the court. If you're using PACER, it's the date at the top of the screen -- after searching for your case -- which reads "Date filed:"
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
          It's the date that you filed the prior case. The date on which your petition was filed with the court. If you're using PACER, it's the date at the top of the screen -- after searching for your case -- which reads "Date filed:"
          Is there a fee for pacer? Thank you so much for your reply

Comment

Yes and no; the fee per page is fairly inexpensive, and unless you use up to a certain threshold, something like $30.00 per month, they don't bill you for the usage. Said another way, use it sparingly and you won't incur any charges.
            Latent car nut.

Comment

Originally posted by dontlook View Post
              Is there a fee for pacer? Thank you so much for your reply
              To just search for your case and bring up the first result page, is free. If you click additional links, or cause a significant query, it will not be a free query. As shipo writes, you have about $30 of free queries per quarter. So, just searching for your case (by the case number), and just looking at that first screen... should be free.
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I think I found it on creditkarma

Public Records

Things like bankruptcies and legal judgments against you can show up on your credit report and do some damage to your score.

Individual: Bankruptcy
                Jul. 29, 2013
                -

$0.00
                Discharged CH-7

Overview

Reference Number XXXXXXXX

Date Filed Jul. 29, 2013

Classification Bankruptcy

Type Individual

Responsibility Individual.

======================================

I can get my credit matrix together- now- but to take the initial counseling session, it is only good for 6 months. I cant take that until Jan 29 2021 at the soonest.

Also someone brought up chex system, I have to get that file.

I located the forms to waive the file fee. I did not have to file a tax return, but can probably order that paperwork. I am excited! I so want to get on with this!
                Last edited by justbroke; 01-11-2021, 05:37 AM. Reason: [moderator removed reference number]

Comment

Good that you found the filing date. I wouldn't, however, be so anxious to take the personal financial management (first) class so soon. You never know if you'll have to "delay" the filing, so take that class "just in time".

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                    Good that you found the filing date. I wouldn't, however, be so anxious to take the personal financial management (first) class so soon. You never know if you'll have to "delay" the filing, so take that class "just in time".
                    That is good advice. I appreciate it. ...with all the talk about a financial reset- maybe it isnt the right thing to file at all. I dont know. Something has come to my attention. Homeowners insurance in the country can cost $2000 a year. So- if I move and have a mortgage I have to have it. That rate compares with under $400 a year to live in town. A fire hydrant is right outside my house. It also would take 2 or 3 years to be able to get another mortgage. The thing that is pushing me is the possible equity in my house. PA is a lousy state for house exemption. The federal is not too generous. Since I lived here alot of years, equity is building. I pay a few $ now and then to the principle of the mortgage. Amortization really- more people should understand it. I am almost half way into a 30 year mortgage, but the total paid is around 1/3. See how that works? Throwing a few bucks on the principle has chopped off close to 2 years of my mortgage. I am talking less than $20 a month. But then- my home insurance is for 55k. my brother just spent 70k on a pick up truck. The point is many vehicles today cost more than my house. But I dont want to live in a car. I want to stay in my house. In this region, it isnt fancy- but a good 50% of the homes have no mortgages on them. This is not the case in suburbia keep up with jones areas.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X