Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto drafts

Hello community,

I am going through the preparation process to file chapter 13 at the end of this month. I have been stopping the auto draft for most of the creditors. However, I still have a couple more including Lending club that dont allow me to switch it off online. I think I need to call them but I havent tried it thinking that may get suspicious since the payments are overdue and they didnt go through. I am already getting charged NSFs. The other option is to close the account which I have to anyways since I owe money to the same bank. They will most likely freeze my account once I file. Any suggestions? thanks!

The only effective way to stop some creditors like collection agencies is to close the account and move from one bank to another. It's often not good enough to close an account and open another one at the same bank. They'll lie and claim it's stopped when it won't stop. If you know 100% you are filing BK, make sure your account is empty or negative prior to account closure because the next debit to that account might be a dischargeable debt rather a bill you want paid such as rent and then you'll still owe the rent without having money to pay for it.

Comment

Thanks for your response. I am closing the account next week. It is an old account that I have had a bunch of different auto drafts on over time. I have been inactivating them but I want to make sure all is clear to avoid NSF charges. Question, I am overdue on a credit card with the same bank, would they give me a hard time to close the account? thanks for your help!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X