Payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payments

Hi, I am new to the forum and there is so much helpful information, it has helped a lot! I did have a question, I am making my first payment and wanted to know how long it typically takes them to get it The site says five days, I was hoping it was a little sooner then that. I have my 341 towards the end of next week, it is a 100% plan. I am nervous about starting all over again because they didn’t get my payment.

Even if your payment is a day or so late, it won't impact your overall case and plan. Hopefully you can find out if your Trustee allows an electronic debit of the payment. In that way, you don't have to mail the payment. But if you're in Utah and mailing to the "highly popular" PO Box in Tennessee, then it probably will take 5 days for it to be received (and processed).
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

The popular bankruptcy lockbox service (Suntrust) in Tennesse is slow and the USPS is also slow. I have serious doubts you will make a 5 day deadline. I encourage you to use TFS or whatever electronic payment option is available for all of your payments. If you initiate an electronic payment with TFS today, the trustee can see that you initiated your payment today with TFS and will let you slide for being late. Can't verify you sent it if you do the lockbox. You can also do a Moneygram payment with TFS as well at Walmart Moneycenter if TFS is allowed. With the exception of payments prior to the 341, you can be a little late and it won't matter.

Comment

i have submit my payment both through TFS and through wage garnishment. In both cases, it takes 7 days for my payment to be received.

Comment

My first payment was by TFS and took six days to process. Since then, my payments have been wage garnishment and they were four days at the quickest and 15 days at the slowest. Most have been 7 days.

Comment

Every Chapter 13 debtor should remember. Any "on-time" payment to the Trustee is an "on-time" payment to any creditor. On-time means the date of receipt at TFS or when they pull it from the Tennessee lock box.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X