No announcement yet.

Latest News on UI extensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no it just means if i take the $6.00 an hour job NOW.
    The minimum wage in Florida is $7.25/hr. So you really haven't been looking for minimum wage jobs lately? The last year the Florida minimum wage was $6.15/hr was 2005.

The minimum wage in my state will be $8.50/hr starting in Jan, 2011 ($8.40/hr now).

Now if you are an illegal alien you might find a job for $6/hr, paid in cash...
    “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Fallonedward View Post
      Things are so bad in my area that this summer my college aged son was turned away from McDonalds as they told him they are only hiring folks with degree's. OK give me a break this is flipping Mickey D's for goodness sake...ugh
      McDonalds only wanting people with degrees? What happened to the Indians they brought in (the only people left that want to work for them because they don't know any better yet, are willing to work 6 or 7 days a week, 12 hours a day, for a fraction of what everyone else is willing to work for?).

How long until the fast food joints require a Masters Degree? LOL

Comment

I definitely think Obama and the dems are going to fight the republicans for unemployment extension for any compromise the republicans want. It's unfortunate, but if Obama doesn't extend unemployment the democratic base will never forgive him. I just hope the dems don't bargain say for a 3 month extension for the republicans 2 year rich tax cut extension.

Perhaps say 1 year unemployment extension for a 1 year rich tax extension, or bump it to $500,000 and up rich tax cut for a 6 month unemployment extension.

The sad part is, this will drag out well into December as the republicans don't care about the unemployed, but they will start getting really nervous as the rich may have to pay a higher amount in January. Nothing worse than a millionaire sweating over a few precious dollars they may be losing!

Comment

Originally posted by helpme2010 View Post
          I definitely think Obama and the dems are going to fight the republicans for unemployment extension for any compromise the republicans want. It's unfortunate, but if Obama doesn't extend unemployment the democratic base will never forgive him. I just hope the dems don't bargain say for a 3 month extension for the republicans 2 year rich tax cut extension.

Perhaps say 1 year unemployment extension for a 1 year rich tax extension, or bump it to $500,000 and up rich tax cut for a 6 month unemployment extension.

The sad part is, this will drag out well into December as the republicans don't care about the unemployed, but they will start getting really nervous as the rich may have to pay a higher amount in January. Nothing worse than a millionaire sweating over a few precious dollars they may be losing!
          You are far more optimistic than I. Obama and the Dems are too weak and disorganized. Obama spent too much time teaching law. We need a tough litigator in there. He needs to be prepared to walk away from extending the Bush tax cuts. Let the Republicans spend all there time and energy trying to extend them. The country would be way better off if they all expired then if they were all extended.

Comment

McDonalds only wanting people with degrees? What happened to the Indians they brought in (the only people left that want to work for them because they don't know any better yet, are willing to work 6 or 7 days a week, 12 hours a day, for a fraction of what everyone else is willing to work for?).

How long until the fast food joints require a Masters Degree? LOL

nope have a masters and they wouldn't consider either of us...since we both have one...so that didn't work!!! PHd...may have done it...you think?
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

i'm with you on this one helpme...i think they are just using us as pawns......just something to trade off for a bigger piece of the pie...
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by msm859 View Post
                You are far more optimistic than I. Obama and the Dems are too weak and disorganized. Obama spent too much time teaching law. We need a tough litigator in there. He needs to be prepared to walk away from extending the Bush tax cuts. Let the Republicans spend all there time and energy trying to extend them. The country would be way better off if they all expired then if they were all extended.
                wish we could find one of those tough litigators for us!! who would it be????

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                  nope have a masters and they wouldn't consider either of us...since we both have one...so that didn't work!!! PHd...may have done it...you think?
                  tobee, I am disappointed with you. If McDonalds wants a PHd, then you go out and get that PHd, also, you should get another degree from Burger University, if that is what a fine, high-end establishment like McDonalds demands, then that is what we will all do. So it may cost $40,000 and 2 years of your life, but just think about the ROI

Comment

Originally posted by msm859 View Post
                    msm, I agree with your statement 100% and I was being overly-optimistic. I get angry at Obama everytime he tries this compromise speech and how we can all work together when at the same time the republican whips are telling the media that the single focus is to remove Obama from office and extend the tax cuts for the rich and there will be no compromise.

I see the liberal media pushing hard for Obama and the dems to take a strong stand and I hope they do. It saddened me that the recent takeover by the republicans in congress was misinterpreted as the public wanting their agenda of tax cuts for the rich to be implemented, instead of the reality which was the public wants the unemployment to lower and the economy to be better and they sent a message to congress by voting out a lot of people.

Comment

wish we could find one of those tough litigators for us!! who would it be????
                      tobee, I actually see some senators and congressmen who are standing up firm to extending the rich tax cuts and for pushing for unemployment, and taking a stand for what is right. I see them on CNN and MSNBC all the time. What I fear is even if the dems take this strong stance, that the republicans will end up twisting it during the next election time as the dems not doing anything, when in fact it is the dems who are doing everything and the republicans are just saying no to everything.

I want to pull my hair out sometimes when I see this type of behavior being rewarded. Meanwhile, who suffers from this game, the poor.

Comment

tobee, I am disappointed with you. If McDonalds wants a PHd, then you go out and get that PHd, also, you should get another degree from Burger University, if that is what a fine, high-end establishment like McDonalds demands, then that is what we will all do. So it may cost $40,000 and 2 years of your life, but just think about the ROI
                        ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can see it how.......PHd needed to flip burgers......with 5 years experience you will be allowed to touch the lettuce!!!!.......good luck! your right we sure do need it!
                        Last edited by tobee43; 12-01-2010, 12:12 PM.

Comment

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can see it how.......PHd needed to flip burgers......with 5 years experience you will be allowed to touch the lettuce!!!!.......good luck! your right we sure do need it!
                          ahahahah imagine taking burger statistics classes or french fry chemistry or even fast food marketing to convince the public fast food is healthy food.

It's funny, my comment about the Indians and the burgers came partly from my thinking, how far do the citizens of this country have to go to compete against citizens of another country willing to work far longer and far cheaper to get our jobs. I have a lot of respect and pity for lets say the citizens of India or China, who may have to work 7 days a week and 12 to 14 hours a day just to put some scraps on the table for their families. So many get outsourced by our companies as they can work for a fraction of the cost and possibly complain less (so to a corporation, they look wonderful).

Eventually the citizens of our country will have to do the same thing, work 6 days a week, perhaps 7 days a week at McDonalds, for a low rate, to compete against the foreign citizens that want that job.

Then just like a Twilite Zone episode, we will all compete against the machinery, the robots, only to be replaced by them. Remember that episode where the CEO keeps downsizing the staff of a large factory, replacing the people with machinery, only to find himself ultimately replaced by a robot? The final scene shows the entire facility all operated by machines that have replaced the 10,000 people, the CEO, a robot!

Comment

ahahahah imagine taking burger statistics classes or french fry chemistry or even fast food marketing to convince the public fast food is healthy food.

It's funny, my comment about the Indians and the burgers came partly from my thinking, how far do the citizens of this country have to go to compete against citizens of another country willing to work far longer and far cheaper to get our jobs. I have a lot of respect and pity for lets say the citizens of India or China, who may have to work 7 days a week and 12 to 14 hours a day just to put some scraps on the table for their families. So many get outsourced by our companies as they can work for a fraction of the cost and possibly complain less (so to a corporation, they look wonderful).

Eventually the citizens of our country will have to do the same thing, work 6 days a week, perhaps 7 days a week at McDonalds, for a low rate, to compete against the foreign citizens that want that job.

Then just like a Twilite Zone episode, we will all compete against the machinery, the robots, only to be replaced by them. Remember that episode where the CEO keeps downsizing the staff of a large factory, replacing the people with machinery, only to find himself ultimately replaced by a robot? The final scene shows the entire facility all operated by machines that have replaced the 10,000 people, the CEO, a robot!
                            oh!! i don't remember that episode!!! that's enough to scare the life out of anyone...

well...interesting that new show "outsource" i think it's called and it's a comedy...i'm not thinking anything is funny about taking our jobs....but it's NOT the people with the jobs it's the companies themselves...like eBay...what a BIG BIG mistake....their customer service went down the tubes but what do they care that they outsourced all the jobs and now you call their customer service dept. and they hang up on you....eBay already made billions so they don't care anymore.....we are IN THE TWILIGHT zone!! LOL!!! and i don't like this episode at all!!

Comment

This has been my fear for many years now as I watch companies continue to outsource jobs and even entire industries to China and India. Pretty soon, you will end up with 2 social classes, the very rich and the very poor, with the middle class shrinking. What do you do with all those unemployed? Continue to string them along with small entitlement programs while the rich continue to complain about them taking the entitlement???

Yikes!!!

Comment

This has been my fear for many years now as I watch companies continue to outsource jobs and even entire industries to China and India. Pretty soon, you will end up with 2 social classes, the very rich and the very poor, with the middle class shrinking. What do you do with all those unemployed? Continue to string them along with small entitlement programs while the rich continue to complain about them taking the entitlement???

Yikes!!!
                                i actually think it will be called "welfare"....now of course that will solve the problem!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X